Wifi not turning on

Search This thread

alexapi32

Aug 17, 2012
I've had this problem for over 2-3 months now.
It happened when I updated my ROM to the newest Cm11 kit kat ROM.
I tried flashing different versions, currently i reverted my ROM to an older 4.2.2 CM 10.1 ROM thinking it would solve the problem but it still remains.
The wifi button is grayed out, and is always saying "Turning wifi on...". However, when I go into wifi (where the said msg is) i can change the button but it doesn't make a difference.
Bluetooth too doesn't work (the button won't stay on "ON")

Last edited:

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
I've had this problem for over 2-3 months now.
It happened when I updated my ROM to the newest Cm11 kit kat ROM.
I tried flashing different versions, currently i reverted my ROM to an older 4.2.2 CM 10.1 ROM thinking it would solve the problem but it still remains.
The wifi button is grayed out, and is always saying "Turning wifi on...". However, when I go into wifi (where the said msg is) i can change the button but it doesn't make a difference.
Bluetooth too doesn't work (the button won't stay on "ON")

if you are on S-OFF use wifix manager app and see how it goes
otherwise check the antenna which is responsible for wifi in the back cover and see if it makes connection
try to lift it up gently

alexapi32

Aug 17, 2012
I tried using WiFix manager and all I think it did was change the region code to which ever country I set it.
Although it gives me an error when i try checking for updates.
I'm not sure about the antenna though (tried nudging it), don't think it's a hardware problem since I can't get Wifi to turn on and search for networks.
Edit: I get no or weak reception without the cover, should that happen?

Last edited:

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
I tried using WiFix manager and all I think it did was change the region code to which ever country I set it.
Although it gives me an error when i try checking for updates.
I'm not sure about the antenna though (tried nudging it), don't think it's a hardware problem since I can't get Wifi to turn on and search for networks.

what error do you have?
did you try to use a ruu.exe?

alexapi32

Aug 17, 2012
When i dial *#94349# i get "Connection problem or invalid MMI" whilst I'am connected to the internet via 3G (it works).
And, no. I haven't used ruu.exe.

KOCTA

Sep 19, 2007
I have 3 phones with the same issue. One is S-Off and custom firmware and ROM, two are completely stock. It isn't a hardware issue for sure. It came due to some software bug. I don't know is it a bug in firmware, in radio or in kernel...

alexapi32

Aug 17, 2012
Hey, my wifi works when i take the cover off but with it on it doesnt work....it happened randomly.
Nah, only thing lifting my cover does is that my cell loses reception.
Currently I'am meddling with android sdk which I need for the ruu.exe to work properly.
God it sure is quite a lot workaround to get this thing to setup properly.

Last edited: