[Q] Moto G unlock from network using custom ROM

Search This thread

JohnDoeMe

May 27, 2014
Hello,

I have unlock the boot loader for the Moto G XT1032. If I flash a custom ROM to the phone will it remove the network lock on my phone?

I have tried unlocking but no one can find the code for it.

I have a

Model: Moto G XT1032
Network operator: Not too sure because the phone use a Virgin Mobile sim card (Canada) but the retailer i purchased the phone from said it locked to Bell (canada). The phone kernel says "Bell Mobility".

I have tried unlocking the phone using both virgin and bell and no one can give me the code.

Kernel Version: 173.44.30.falcon_umts.BellMobility.en.CA

Please help.

Last edited:

chairsz

Aug 31, 2011
Darkside
Hello,

I have unlock the boot loader for the Moto G XT1032. If I flash a custom ROM to the phone will it remove the network lock on my phone?

I have a

Network operator: Not too sure because the phone use a Virgin Mobile sim card (Canada) but the retailer i purchased the phone from said it locked to Bell (canada). The phone kernel says "Bell Mobility".

I have tried unlocking the phone using both virgin and bell and no one can give me the code.

Please help.

if you flash a custom rom on your phone it wont unlock the network lock. I also purchased a virgin mobile moto g then i bought the unlock code on ebay and unlocked it to use with rogers pretty much the next day after ordering the code through ebay.
just search on ebay.ca "motorola Moto G unlock code" and youll c a bunch of results. You can ask virgin for the unlock code but theyll likely charge you alot more for it.

happy days and lovely nights.

JohnDoeMe

May 27, 2014
if you flash a custom rom on your phone it wont unlock the network lock. I also purchased a virgin mobile moto g then i bought the unlock code on ebay and unlocked it to use with rogers pretty much the next day after ordering the code through ebay.
just search on ebay.ca "motorola Moto G unlock code" and youll c a bunch of results. You can ask virgin for the unlock code but theyll likely charge you alot more for it.

happy days and lovely nights.

Hello,

Are you talking about Virgin Mobile in Canada. I a seller on ebay but he said he couldn't get me the unlock code. Could you direct me to who you used.
Also Virgin Mobile in Canada is owned by BELL (canada). What network carrier should I tell the seller especially since my phone kernel said bell mobility

chairsz

Aug 31, 2011
Darkside
Hello,

Are you talking about Virgin Mobile in Canada. I a seller on ebay but he said he couldn't get me the unlock code. Could you direct me to who you used.
Also Virgin Mobile in Canada is owned by BELL (canada). What network carrier should I tell the seller especially since my phone kernel said bell mobility

i know that virgin mobile canada is owned by bell. fido is rogers pet dog as well but they both have their own networks and parameters.
the phone is branded virgin mobile and not bell, bell doesnt exist in this particular case capisce?

anywho on a serious note the seller i used is http://www.ebay.ca/itm/161198371533?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 about 3 bucks and the code is delivered within a few hours

good luck

JohnDoeMe

May 27, 2014
So your phone was using a Virgin Mobile (Canada) SIM card? If so what did you put as your network carrier?

chairsz

Aug 31, 2011
Darkside
So your phone was using a Virgin Mobile (Canada) SIM card? If so what did you put as your network carrier?

read my signature.......
yes. i popped a rogers simmy up in there threw in my code and presto, it rained spaghetti. it uses a micro sim card though keep that in mind if your using a different network ther than virgin.

JohnDoeMe

May 27, 2014

read my signature.......

Sorry I don't understand the signature? It doesn't say if it was locked to Virgin Mobile (canada). It also doesn't say what network carrier you used when unlocking the phone.

Could you please let me know
If your phone was locked to virgin mobile (canada)?
What network carrier you used when unlocking your phone (If Virgin Mobile (canada) or Bell (canada))

thanks

chairsz

Aug 31, 2011
Darkside
Sorry I don't understand the signature? It doesn't say if it was locked to Virgin Mobile (canada). It also doesn't say what network carrier you used when unlocking the phone.

Could you please let me know
If your phone was locked to virgin mobile (canada)?
What network carrier you used when unlocking your phone (If Virgin Mobile (canada) or Bell (canada))

thanks

ok...
when i purchased device it was retail and it was locked to virgin mobile canada.
Upon recieving my unlock code from ebay seller via email, i placed my ROGERS sim card in the device, then it prompted for a unlock code which i gave it.
If your a new user to android please read my responses carefuilly as i have answered your question.
cheers.

JohnDoeMe

May 27, 2014
ok...
when i purchased device it was retail and it was locked to virgin mobile canada.
Upon recieving my unlock code from ebay seller via email, i placed my ROGERS sim card in the device, then it prompted for a unlock code which i gave it.
If your a new user to android please read my responses carefuilly as i have answered your question.
cheers.

Ok thanks.

Could you tell me what the kernel version was when you first got the phone.

Thanks

elnahir

Jan 24, 2012
Sofia
OK, I don't want to hijack the thread, but I have a very similar issue and would very much appreciate some help.

I've bought a Tesco Moto G, XT-1032, which I've updated from 4.3 to 4.4.2 and is currently running the 176.44.1.falcon_umts.TEscoSL.en.GB update. Still haven't received 4.4.3 but whatever. I plan on using it on the Globul network in Bulgaria.

My issue is that I have tried network unlocking it 3 times - using unlockphone.co, freeunlocks and an ebay key - and failed. The reason with all three attempts was this: "Unfortunately, your unlock code was not available/Not Found on the database/server so I have issued full refund."

I am at a loss. I have successfully unlocked three Moto G's (XT-1032) just a couple of months prior to this one.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? How should I go about solving this issue?

I would very much appreciate some help.

EDIT: I should mention that unlike the original thread, the phone is still 100% stock.

Last edited:

kralcak

Jan 29, 2007
I had simillar problen with code not found in database but there is another database so buy from this guy and from this auction. it is not cheap but it could work. :
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160993247848&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

My problem is that I have installed custom ROM and phone is now not asking for unlock code. I have received unlock code but now I do not know how to enter it. Does anyone know any code for entering this code ?

OK, I don't want to hijack the thread, but I have a very similar issue and would very much appreciate some help.

I've bought a Tesco Moto G, XT-1032, which I've updated from 4.3 to 4.4.2 and is currently running the 176.44.1.falcon_umts.TEscoSL.en.GB update. Still haven't received 4.4.3 but whatever. I plan on using it on the Globul network in Bulgaria.

My issue is that I have tried network unlocking it 3 times - using unlockphone.co, freeunlocks and an ebay key - and failed. The reason with all three attempts was this: "Unfortunately, your unlock code was not available/Not Found on the database/server so I have issued full refund."

I am at a loss. I have successfully unlocked three Moto G's (XT-1032) just a couple of months prior to this one.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? How should I go about solving this issue?

I would very much appreciate some help.

EDIT: I should mention that unlike the original thread, the phone is still 100% stock.

Hello,

I have a

Please help.
Model number XT1032 is the Canadian model of Motorola Moto G and rogers, koodo, fido, telus & virgin mobiles offers this model. If it works with bell mobility then, Wipe the phone and do a factory reset. Then order the code here http://phoneunlockingshop.ca with bell mobility. Unlock code for this model are easily available now