[Q] Cannot updade TWRP

Search This thread

hacam

Apr 5, 2011
Two questions actually. I have a tf300t, unlocked, currently running TWRP 2.6.3.0 and an old CM. Tried to flash a new 4.4.2 ROM, but it failed in TWRP. I read this is caused by having an old TWRP, so I'm trying to update it.

First, twrp's site has the newest twrp for the tf300t at 2.6.3.0. However, the ROM's page says to flash the 2.6.3.2 TWRP which doesn't exist on TWRP's site. Why does it not exist?

Second, I downloaded the linked TWRP file from the ROM's page, but it's a zip. When I try to flash it using fastboot and bootloader, fastboot acts like everything succeeded is fine but the tablet never installs anything. Fastboot reboot does nothing. However, if I try to flash a .blob, it works and the tablet gets the progress bar and it flashes. What should I do to get TWRP updated so I can flash a new ROM?

Thanks!

ebildude123

Nov 25, 2012
You flash the twrp 3.6.3.2 zip in your existing recovery not fastboot install it. Then reboot to android. (Required). Now go back into recovery.

Sent from my GS3 on Carbon KK using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: hacam

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
First, twrp's site has the newest twrp for the tf300t at 2.6.3.0. However, the ROM's page says to flash the 2.6.3.2 TWRP which doesn't exist on TWRP's site. Why does it not exist?
Because TeamWin has not released a TWRP working for KitKat ROMs for our device yet. The one available in the OmniROM thread is scanno's own, unofficial build.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

Reactions: hacam

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You flash the twrp 3.6.3.2 zip in your existing recovery not fastboot install it. Then reboot to android. (Required). Now go back into recovery.

Sent from my GS3 on Carbon KK using Tapatalk 4
    Because TeamWin has not released a TWRP working for KitKat ROMs for our device yet. The one available in the OmniROM thread is scanno's own, unofficial build.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk