OTA Update build FRF83

Search This thread

slowz3r

Jun 10, 2010
Malmstrom AFB, MT
I had FRF72 installed and when i turned my phone on after work i got a notification to update and here it is with FRF83...When i make it home to my SDK i will post Screen shot if you want so you know i aint trollin

Clarkster

Mar 23, 2007
Sooke
Actually, FRF72 error I saw was that the guy had a custom recovery installed. It needs to be the stock recovery to work. He was complaining that it didn't work with the clockwork recovery. Of course it wouldn't work with that.

If you install the stock recovery, and your FRF72 is NOT rooted, it should update fine.

apratomo

Mar 22, 2007
Jakarta
is there any link that I can download this FRF83 update from FRF72?
since one that lying around this forum is FRF83 from FRF50

maybe OP could look into his logcat and give us the link?

cmstlist

Jan 11, 2010
Toronto
Google Pixel 4a
I had FRF72 installed and when i turned my phone on after work i got a notification to update and here it is with FRF83...When i make it home to my SDK i will post Screen shot if you want so you know i aint trollin

Is there any way you could capture (could have captured) the .zip file your phone used for that OTA? If so then all us FRF72 users should keep a lookout for that, and maybe we'll be able to locate the correct file to upgrade our build.

erikiksaz

Mar 18, 2010
Los Angeles
The folks who get the update need to download Alogcat from the market and run it before the update starts. The log will show the location of the file.