[MOD][PORT]Search key to ICS recent apps for ICS Passion

Search This thread

ren2008

Jun 10, 2008
Yea i was on Passion V12 with this mod, and decided to go on V13 but didn't even read the forums to see if it was still compatible... Im glad it worked out good, no issues!

I flashed the ROM and remembered i still had the search.zip file on my memory card, so i flashed it right away and then i did a reboot. Unless Neo changes the structure on his next V14, V15 and so on, this mod should work no problem.

Trivial651

Aug 14, 2010
I can confirm this mod works on Passion V10.6 since I haven't had time to update to V13 RC-1 yet. I was getting ready to wipe and load the new version, but decided to try this mod and it works just fine.

So for anybody who hasn't upgraded to the newest version of Passion from 10.6 yet but want to get rid of the annoying search screen, this will work for you.

Cheers

tvargas5248

Jun 6, 2010
Has anyone tried this on oc rc4.2?? would love to know if it works

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

HaloMediaz

Sep 29, 2010
After flashing this on v13 I get this message
63bd1d52-541f-78b9.jpg
Is there any way to fix this? I clearly have enough memory.

traderx2009

Aug 23, 2010
Any chance this could be updated to work with euphoria? Really got used to it and now I need it. Thanks

torturedsoul802

Mar 21, 2008
Played the guinea pig and tried flashing this over Euphoria RC1. Search key popped up recent apps as expected, but the menu key force closes Euphoria Launcher every time. Also, had an odd message in the power menu, looked like a list of permissions (write sd card, etc).

yw2012

May 25, 2009
Does the link still works? i tried to click on it on my vibrant and it said the file is not available.

thachosenone

Dec 20, 2010
since long press home already brings up recent apps, what i did was download "exsbar" from the market, and it allows you to map long press search to any application. i use search a lot in apps like youtube, browser, etc. i personally mapped it to camera, so i can launch it from anywhere in the OS.

seems like recent tasks having to be remapped to the search key seems pointless since long press home already does that by default, and that can't be remapped....

db3

Aug 3, 2010
Chennai, India
since long press home already brings up recent apps, what i did was download "exsbar" from the market, and it allows you to map long press search to any application. i use search a lot in apps like youtube, browser, etc. i personally mapped it to camera, so i can launch it from anywhere in the OS.

seems like recent tasks having to be remapped to the search key seems pointless since long press home already does that by default, and that can't be remapped....

i disagree that it's "pointless". Long-pressing seems to have a delay of 2-3 seconds (for me) before the menu comes up. Simply tapping the capacitive keys is nearly instant. it's nice to have instant access to something i actually use.

wish this were available for euphoria. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This for ICS Passion v12 and V13 RC1. It also works on CM9 b15

This is not my work. It was coded by evilisto in the Nexus S forums. I only modified the key layouts for the Vibrant and the update script.

Here's evilisto's original thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=21501238

I do not use my capacitive search button especially with the Google search bar persistant on my homescreen so this Mod will remap the search button to the ICS task switcher so you no longer have to long press the home button.

I have tested it with ICS Passion v12. Others have confirmed it works on Passion v13rc1 and CM9 b15.
    As usual flash at your own risk.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17980900/Search_to_Recent-1.1_Passion.zip

It is a CWM flashable zip.

All credit for this goes to evilisto so please thank him for his work.

To Revert back to original search key: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17980900/Search_to_Recent-1.1_Revert.zip
    Annex1, that doesn't seem to be working for me... i remember that's how it worked with MIUI though. is that what you're thinking of?

at any rate, anyone know whether this will work with Passion v13? or will there be an update?

thanks!

Works beautifully with v13.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
    Annex1, that doesn't seem to be working for me... i remember that's how it worked with MIUI though. is that what you're thinking of?

at any rate, anyone know whether this will work with Passion v13? or will there be an update?

thanks!

I was told that it does work on v13. But I haven't tested it myself, on a different rom at the moment.