[SOLVED] Can't shut off the phone, it always turn on again

Search This thread

Chezbel

Jan 16, 2011
Taipei
Ok, I think I have found the problem.

Go to settings --> Date & Time, untick the option to use network values and set the date somewhere before the 27th of March when the daylight changes took place. Reboot and power off. The phone should stay off (at least it did for me). Now power on, go to date & time settings and tick the option to use network times. Power off and it will probably come back on.

That's interesting because I commented in another thread that I don't have this problem, but I live in a place that doesn't have Daylight Saving. maybe that is why I don't have it.

thiagodark

Nov 1, 2010
Old City-ES
Open Clocksync

Press menu button on phone

Press Settings

Enable > Tick

Interval > I chose 1 hour

detect Time Zone > Tick

Sync On boot > Tick

Restore permissions > Untick

(Everything else untick)

Press the back button top go to app

Press menu button

Press Synchonize

Grant Superuser permissions when prompted

:)

tried, but no success... =o\\

Fihlvein

Aug 19, 2010
As suggested by XL3N7, I changed my phone date 1 month back and shutting down phone works as expected.

What is that, a bug in the phone itself? Sounds really bad. I hope some dev will have an insight on this as I really don't want to take out the piece of plastic crap battery cover each time I need to shut down phone. Thankfully those situations are rare. :p

thiagodark

Nov 1, 2010
Old City-ES
As suggested by XL3N7, I changed my phone date 1 month back and shutting down phone works as expected.

What is that, a bug in the phone itself? Sounds really bad. I hope some dev will have an insight on this as I really don't want to take out the piece of plastic crap battery cover each time I need to shut down phone. Thankfully those situations are rare. :p

well, that is really bad in cm, cause in sense roms we have fastboot that works okay!

i never turn off my phone, but i don't like to know that i can't. =o)

cesco89

Jul 13, 2010

Go to settings --> Date & Time, untick the option to use network values and set the date somewhere before the 27th of March when the daylight changes took place. Reboot and power off. The phone should stay off (at least it did for me). Now power on, go to date & time settings and tick the option to use network times. Power off and it will probably come back on.

but...but...but....YOU ARE THE MAN!!! works here!!! a great thanks!!!:D:D:D

i think is an android general bug because is not only on DHD and not only in sense roms!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Fihlvein

Aug 19, 2010
Not happening with 1.72 stock (the one pulled back), fast boot enabled or disabled.

XL3N7

Dec 31, 2006
Limassol
I dont know if my thought makes sense but you guys dont have problem with reboot,what version of bootloader you have?

My hboot 0.85.2007 (PD9810000)
MICROP 0438

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

HBOOT 0.85.2019 (PD9810000)
MICROP-0438

from here

I probably had the same as you before but I flashed this one last night, trying to isolate the problem.

orhon

Mar 1, 2011
I think my phone was on all the time during my flight 5 days ago because of it...it just didn't turn off...

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App

I

Id Arcanum

No its not a bug of 3.0.2.4 r1(i had 3.0.0.5 when problem appears). As i wrote everything worked perfect (cm7+cwm 3.0.0.5) till one morning (was on cm7 nightly 32+cwm 3.0.05) want to boot in bootloader, so i select to power off.After that never powered off.What makes me nervous is that i didnt install any appl or changed the cwm recovery version.Nothing like that.I always powered off my phone so i know that there is not cm7 nightly related.

So the big question is what changed in a few minutes?

What the f******k?????? Daylight? :))))))))))))

Confirmed working.Changed the date back to 03/26/2011

A guy mentioned that last night (about the daylight change) on the initial thread which admins decided to delete :mad:
that's pretty stupid to delete thread, I said it is related probably to DST and next morning couldn't find my posts..

but OK, it says in sticky posts that threads would be deleted, not moved so :(

edit: I am using ENG 0.85.2019 and it is happening..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

well, i was following a thread about it, but i guess it was deleted cause it was in wrong area...

if a fix was found please tell me! =oP

it seems to be a commom issue: when i try to turn off the phone, it just turn on again...

what i've done until now: i was running cm7 and i believed it was a rom related issue, but i'm back to uk stock (1.32.405.6) and keep it with no root (just ship s-off that remains after flash ruu), and the problem remains, just take a little longer to turn on again... BUT, when i plug it into pc by usb cable it stays off, when i unplug it turns on again...

i'm tending to believe that's a hardware issue, maybe a short in phone plug, but in this case, it is the most commom issue that i've saw...

any idea is welcome

thanks...

Edit:
    Okay Folks, looks like the "fix" was found. I made a little summary for the next generation! =oP

this weird issue happened due summer time changes (don't ask why), but after March 27 the phone simply didn't stay off, if you tried, it just turned on again.

The "fix" is:

- disable automatic hour update (just in case)
    - remove battery and let it out for around 10 hours, then put it back and turn on!
    - Hour and date may reset (or not)
    - now you can reactivate automatic hour update if you want.
    - the device just stays off properly again

credits for
    XL3N7 that found the problem,
    Rodomar705 that found how to fix in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1014520

And everyone else that probally lost every data (like me) so many times trying find out how to solve it. =oP
    The following steps fix this issue for me:

- disable time/date auto update
    - set time/date on the 2011/03/26 02:00
    - wait some minutes (around 10 for me)
    - shutdown the phone (should not reboot, at least during the first 30-60 seconds of power off)
    - within 30 to 40 seconds after the poweroff take out the battery
    - put the battery back into the phone
    - wait some minutes (the phone should still be powered off)
    - power on the phone
    - enter your pin code
    - set the timezone to match your local area timezone
    - set the time/date autoupdate
    - go back to your launcher main screen
    - wait for the time update
    - wait some minutes (~5) after the time has been updated
    - power off the phone

The phone should stay off.

This was tested after a CM7 flash and works like a charm.
    I hope this will avoid people having to remove their battery for several hours.

Good luck.
    Perfectly good work around

Hi, If you want to, you can untick the setting in Date & Time and install Clocksync from the Market. Using this app you can sync your phone's time at whatever schedule you like to the atomic clock (it is much more accurate than HTC's provider).

This will enable you to shut down correctly and have accurate time displayed on your device.

You need root though.
    The following steps fix this issue for me:

- disable time/date auto update
    - set time/date on the 2011/03/26 02:00
    - wait some minutes (around 10 for me)
    - shutdown the phone (should not reboot, at least during the first 30-60 seconds of power off)
    - within 30 to 40 seconds after the poweroff take out the battery
    - put the battery back into the phone
    - wait some minutes (the phone should still be powered off)
    - power on the phone
    - enter your pin code
    - set the timezone to match your local area timezone
    - set the time/date autoupdate
    - go back to your launcher main screen
    - wait for the time update
    - wait some minutes (~5) after the time has been updated
    - power off the phone

The phone should stay off.

This was tested after a CM7 flash and works like a charm.
    I hope this will avoid people having to remove their battery for several hours.

Good luck.
    unfortunately, this method dosent works for me. But somebody else could try it. May be it works. Tonight, I'll try the method in #1 post .