[Q] Miui rom to my xperia x10 phone

Search This thread

jeroen12345

Feb 27, 2012
Hello,

I am new at the rooting scene and i hope this is the right forum to post this.
I got my xperia x10 for 1.5 years now and i want to try something new.

When i was searching on the internet i found the new miui rom and it looked incredible. Now i looked to every possible thread on this xda forum database but i still didnt find out how to get this miui rom on my xperia x10. After reading many different threads i do not see the difference between rooting flashing and roms.

I am thinking this: do i need to root my telephone first, then flash it and then i can put a rom on it?

Other thing i was wondering is the thing with locked and unlocked bootloaders. I have a standard 2.3.3 version of android xperia x10 and i never did something with it. Do i need to unlock bootlader to get a miui rom or is this not needed.

My specs:

modelnumber x10i
Android version 2.3.3
Smalband version 2.1.71
Kernel version 2.6.29-00054

Sorry for asking these noob questions but when i look to the miui forum i see methods for locked and unlocked bootloaders.

I hope someone want to help me with getting the miui rom on my telephone, because i am 1000% not as smart as all of u are with phones :)

with kind regards,

Jeroen

NuriJ

Nov 25, 2011
Hello,

When i was searching on the internet i found the new miui rom and it looked incredible. Now i looked to every possible thread on this xda forum database but i still didnt find out how to get this miui rom on my xperia x10. After reading many different threads i do not see the difference between rooting flashing and roms.

I am thinking this: do i need to root my telephone first, then flash it and then i can put a rom on it?

Other thing i was wondering is the thing with locked and unlocked bootloaders. I have a standard 2.3.3 version of android xperia x10 and i never did something with it. Do i need to unlock bootlader to get a miui rom or is this not needed.

My specs:

modelnumber x10i
Android version 2.3.3
Smalband version 2.1.71

Sorry for asking these noob questions but when i look to the miui forum i see methods for locked and unlocked bootloaders.

I hope someone want to help me with getting the miui rom on my telephone, because i am 1000% not as smart as all of u are with phones :)

with kind regards,

Jeroen

Hey :),
First of all, yes u will need to root your phone before flashing ROMs.
And about the bootloader question.. Most of the MiUI ROMs requires a unlocked bootloader, but ofc some of them will work on locked too.. If u want to get the most out of ur phone, u can easily unlock bl using flashtool.

Reactions: jeroen12345

jeroen12345

Feb 27, 2012

And about the bootloader question.. Most of the MiUI ROMs requires a unlocked bootloader, but ofc some of them will work on locked too.. If u want to get the most out of ur phone, u can easily unlock bl using flashtool.

thnx for ur comment... well im still looking to the forums hehe to learn more.

So i can root my phone with xrecovery? and then i can also flash roms with xrecovery? but i have .73 and everyone is talking about .48 and .52 whats with that :D

theunderling

Feb 8, 2012
on top of your mother
Pick a rom and see what you need.Be aware that rooms have bugs,help is sometimes slow in forthcoming and to see what's going on may require you to read 100s of posts in that rooms thread AND some links for download may be dead.

Anyway first thing to do is set up your PC properly with flash tool/PC companion and flash/root the phone.

I would then read and bookmark the guides on here,and see how to make a backup.

Then you can see what rom you would like, see what kernel is needed and if you need/want to unlock the boot loader.

You could maybe have a crack at *oodies primex* rom to start off with.
Sent from my X10i using XDA App

jakuburban

Jan 22, 2011
When You're on a stock ROM it would be better for You to root and unlock Your bootloader now, else You won't be able to unlock Your bootloader later.
Here are all the files You'll need to do this.

jeroen12345

Feb 27, 2012
kernel

Dear jakuburban,

Thnx for your reply on my message. I am currently at my work so i cannot open your help file. I am looking forward to it when i am at home. I did some research today on the forum and i finally understand i need to flash root and unlock my xperia x10.

But the only thing i do not understand is the kernel. There are many different kernels and i do not know wish one i need to use.

I want to get the corbrato MIUI rom based on 2.3.7 android. I got currently 2.3.3 android on my telephone. So do i need to take the 2.3.3 kernel or the 2.3.7 one? and whats the difference between the kernels and what one is the best to take?

I hope you or someone else can answer this.

Thnx for helping!!! :)

Kind regards,

Jeroen

jakuburban

Jan 22, 2011
Dear jakuburban,

Thnx for your reply on my message. I am currently at my work so i cannot open your help file. I am looking forward to it when i am at home. I did some research today on the forum and i finally understand i need to flash root and unlock my xperia x10.

But the only thing i do not understand is the kernel. There are many different kernels and i do not know wish one i need to use.

I want to get the corbrato MIUI rom based on 2.3.7 android. I got currently 2.3.3 android on my telephone. So do i need to take the 2.3.3 kernel or the 2.3.7 one? and whats the difference between the kernels and what one is the best to take?

Kind regards,

Jeroen

2.3.3 and 2.3.7 are the versions of the ROM not Kernel. Kernels are mostly calle after a developer so for example DooMLorD kernel, which I think is the best for You. It works on stock-based ROM's and on a MIUI (It takes a little bit long too boot).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

My specs:

modelnumber x10i
    Android version 2.3.3
    Smalband version 2.1.71

with kind regards,

Jeroen

Pick a rom and see what you need.Be aware that rooms have bugs,help is sometimes slow in forthcoming and to see what's going on may require you to read 100s of posts in that rooms thread AND some links for download may be dead.

Anyway first thing to do is set up your PC properly with flash tool/PC companion and flash/root the phone.

I would then read and bookmark the guides on here,and see how to make a backup.

Then you can see what rom you would like, see what kernel is needed and if you need/want to unlock the boot loader.

You could maybe have a crack at *oodies primex* rom to start off with.
    Sent from my X10i using XDA App
    When You're on a stock ROM it would be better for You to root and unlock Your bootloader now, else You won't be able to unlock Your bootloader later.
    Here are all the files You'll need to do this.
    Dear jakuburban,

Kind regards,

Jeroen

2.3.3 and 2.3.7 are the versions of the ROM not Kernel. Kernels are mostly calle after a developer so for example DooMLorD kernel, which I think is the best for You. It works on stock-based ROM's and on a MIUI (It takes a little bit long too boot).