Swiftkey Flow Beta update (2/13/13)

Search This thread

critofur

Jan 21, 2011
NYC/Tokyo
Sometimes I want to type a word and NOT have a space after it - so, I press backspace, then say, type a comma and it "auto corrects" to the wrong word. Even if I keep re-typing it and going back again and again, it keeps auto correcting it away from the word I wanted.

So, if a word is not in the dictionary yet and I want a comma right after it (no space) I don't know how to do that yet :(

ajerkdude

Sep 1, 2010
Austin
Google Pixel 5
Sometimes I want to type a word and NOT have a space after it - so, I press backspace, then say, type a comma and it "auto corrects" to the wrong word. Even if I keep re-typing it and going back again and again, it keeps auto correcting it away from the word I wanted.

So, if a word is not in the dictionary yet and I want a comma right after it (no space) I don't know how to do that yet :(

Loving this so far... the initial dictionary downloads were slow this morning, I suspect they were swamped!

gtuansdiamm

Nov 15, 2010
New York
I switched back to Swype
They could not get even a third if my swiped words plus the keyboards extra colors look to unnatural to me
It just doesn't flow well together

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Cluefree

Jan 16, 2012
Trying it now... And.. I think I like it! I'll have to give it a few days and see how it fares! I've been having a few issues with swype since jb (the failure to auto space in browser boxes... Grrr), so this could become my new input-er of choice :)

Thanks, Frost...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Cluefree

Jan 16, 2012
Hmmm:confused: i just noticed that the flow (swype) didn't work when i was searching for an app on the market... Er... play, that is... Seems to be nonfunctional for any Google search Window (noticed the same behavior in the Maps search) for me (though it works fine for browser search boxes...). Anyone else seeing this?

m20120

Oct 31, 2008
Northern VA
Hmmm:confused: i just noticed that the flow (swype) didn't work when i was searching for an app on the market... Er... play, that is... Seems to be nonfunctional for any Google search Window (noticed the same behavior in the Maps search) for me (though it works fine for browser search boxes...). Anyone else seeing this?

That is by design. Flow is not used in any text entry box where the app provides auto complete.

akarol

Jun 16, 2010
Orlando
Sorry, but anyone saying Swype is better is completely delusional. Swiftkey is, and has been, lightyears ahead of Swype in auto-correction, multi-language support, and customization. Period!

Reactions: rocket321

godbilla

Jan 26, 2011
Sorry, but anyone saying Swype is better is completely delusional. Swiftkey is, and has been, lightyears ahead of Swype in auto-correction, multi-language support, and customization. Period!

It's all personal preference. I, for one, prefer Swype over SwiftKey. I do like SwiftKeys auto-correct and prediction more, but I've just gotten so use to Swype that I can type a message faster even with all that stuff SwiftKey has on Swype. Flow has just begun beta.. maybe when they get all bugs worked out I'll be able to make the switch.

newworld

Dec 21, 2010
It's all personal preference. I, for one, prefer Swype over SwiftKey. I do like SwiftKeys auto-correct and prediction more, but I've just gotten so use to Swype that I can type a message faster even with all that stuff SwiftKey has on Swype. Flow has just begun beta.. maybe when they get all bugs worked out I'll be able to make the switch.

Yeah, it's all about personal preference. I've never liked swype and the keyboard app that comes with the phone. I've always used SwiftKey and loved it. I might just have to try the flow version of Swiftkey.

Ls1ssz28

Oct 30, 2011
Charleston
I believe that it uses the SwiftKey dictionary that was learned with the regular app.. Because it is predicting everything like normal but just with flow

ubigred

Feb 23, 2010
Houston
Yes, it's all personal preference, but when it comes to text prediction, SwiftKey wins by a country mile.

Sent from my SGS3!

Frostacious

Nov 4, 2011
Rio Grande Valley, TX
Well ive been using this I have to say swype pisses me off with one thing only which is when you are choosing numbers there is no period at the bottom but a comma. It's annoying because I have to go back and forth between numbers and go back to put the periods. And of course the auto prediction on this thing is amazing.

Frostbiter

Jan 5, 2012
Newark

I didn't like this too but found out you don't have to go back to insert the punctuation before the space just insert it afterwards and it will auto correct to before the space.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mrtomaso

iomega311

Feb 24, 2011
Idaho
I'm absolutely loving flow. To me, it's the same SwiftKey that I have always loved, but with swype added. I really like how it shows you what the outcome of your swype is going to be without having to release and see what you're result is going to be.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ive just recieved the flow beta 4.0.0.99 and wanted to share the love. Please post your honest opinions and bugs about this app as i am also curious to know everyones feedback.

Smartphone http://bit.ly/skflowbeta4
    Tablet http://bit.ly/skflowbetatab4

Enjoy and dont forget to +1;)

I didn't like this too but found out you don't have to go back to insert the punctuation before the space just insert it afterwards and it will auto correct to before the space.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I do not like this flow version of any SwiftKey. Well accept it is better at button mashing than Swype. Word accuracy when swiping sucks so bad compared to Swype.

.:Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Note II:.
    Gesture typing in the stock keyboard works better than swype. I got my invite for flow but don't feel the need to be a beta tester as this works so well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium HD app