FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Game streaming to other Android devices or PCs with Moonlight and GeForce Experience

482 posts
Thanks Meter: 426

By cgutman, Senior Member on 31st October 2013, 02:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th March 2018, 06:50 PM |#4101  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
To a whole other level
So I've been using Moonlight for a while now on my Galaxy View. I like to play tactics games on my exercise bike. Thank you for making that possible.

Anyways, I've been getting into game streaming with OBS Studio. I'm currently patching my PC video through a game capture card then back up to my display, but there's a forced drop in quality and a barely perceptible delay. What I'd like to do is stream straight from my Gaming PC to my Studio PC. There's already a number of ways to do this, but most involve installing at least one secondary ethernet jack on the Studio Rig and and a CPU hit on the Gaming Rig. I'm wondering if there's a way of creating an integrated OBS Studio Plug-in. I began investigating... I was hoping I could just make a wrapper around something you already built... but it quickly was over my head. I'm only wondering if there's a simple solution I missed...

The API is on github
/jp9000/OBS/wiki/OBS-Plugin-API-Documentation

I should learn to lurk less and post more

10th March 2018, 03:35 AM |#4102  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
@Developer

Can you please add an option fot the chrome extension to simply display a list of games? Mine now keeps crashing as I have lot of games.

It actually crashes while trying to load the icons for each game, which I couldnt care less about - just the titles are fine

Much much appreciated if you could do this

Sent from my Phone using XDA Free mobile app
12th March 2018, 08:33 PM |#4103  

More
Hi. I have a problem. Big problem for me. Before this, I always play game on my phone (Xperia Z2). No lag at all (15ms). Today, I wanna try at my laptop. But the delay is about 100ms or 200ms.
Here is my Host specs:
CPU: i5-6600K @ 4.5GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: GTX 1070.
Windows 7
Connection: 100Mbps Full Duplex
Geforce Experience: 3.12.0.84 (Latest Version)

This is my client PC:
CPU: i5-3210M @ 3.1Ghz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Intel HD 4000/GT 650m
Windows 7
Connection: 2.4Ghz 300N wifi
Moonlight Chrome: 0.8.2

Then, I tried to stream game from my host to client using steam home streaming. No delay at all. I expected there was video encoding problem here.
13th March 2018, 11:25 AM |#4104  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I have a gen 1 and a gen 2 firestick and I cant get either of them to connect. rtsp handshake fail if I try and use remote desktop. If I run a game it shows up for a few seconds then connection terminated. It works fine from my android phone and chrome.

nevermind, fixed it by reinstalling GeForce experience
19th March 2018, 02:08 AM |#4105  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauwingchun

Hmm, already set that to private connection and tried turning windows firewall off on both server and client, still no success.
Any logs I may refer to on both server and client ends which may shed some light on this?

BTW, I am using Aorus Gaming Box GTX1070 hooked to Skull Canyon Intel NUC via Thunderbolt 3, and it has a "dummy" monitor 1 (to the "Iris Pro Graphics"; there is no such monitor) which it shows up in display settings and cannot be removed.
Could these be leading to the issues also?

* Updates:
- Since this leads me nowhere so far, I resorted to establishing VPN and connecting to my home PC via 192.x.x.x on Moonlight Chrome extension and it worked. There is latency issue but this is the best I could do at this moment.

Just another update:
- I have got myself ahold of an iPad Pro and found it suffers from the same issue, now the summary is:
- Works locally: iPad, Galaxy S8, Windows
Works remotely: Galaxy S8 only

Does this piece of information give more hint on what I might have overlooked?
24th March 2018, 12:57 PM |#4106  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
ridiculous now - Moonlight Chrome is crashing on all my devices - it trie to load the icons - then it just crashes and i get a message in the bottom right that moonlight has crashed.

Sometimes it works and you are lucky - but mostly crashes - 85% of time.

is there anyway of elimiating the games that gamestream picks up automatically - i have removed all the places for it to look yet it still finds them - these are the ones causing the issue as they have icons which crash the load.
28th March 2018, 09:53 AM |#4107  
Flag Bracknell

More
I absolutely love Moonlight, I've been able to move my big noisy gaming pc into a cupboard and stream to my laptop via the Chrome app...

I also have a Gigabyte Brix connected to my tv that I want to use with Moonlight Chrome app but I can't have a keyboard and mouse connected.

Only trouble is I can't quit streaming as no way of pressing CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+Q, currently I go into Teamviewer on the laptop to do it but as Teamviewer is known to cause issues everything locks up and goes slow and it's just a mess.

Any way you could add a way of quitting streaming via the controller, say pressing Start and Back buttons together?
As a bonus would be good if you could navigate the Moonlight interface with the controller as Chrome has built in controller support?
I know you can use various apps to use the controller as a mouse but they interfere with the games when they're running.

Oh and I'm using wireless Xbox 360 controller with the wireless receiver.
22nd April 2018, 01:13 PM |#4108  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I updated Moonlight on my Android phone today and it finally fixed the issue with my phone getting super hot. I found a bug tho, I dont know when it was introduced. When you want to customize the onscreen controlls, you cant move the left analog stick all the way to the left border of the screen.
27th April 2018, 04:35 AM |#4109  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Moonlight Chrome is never able to find my PC, yet my Moonlight Android does. Regardless of internet or local network.
What could be the problem here?
27th April 2018, 01:33 PM |#4110  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
What is the best chipset these days for moonlight streaming? Is it still the nvidia chipsets (tegra 4, x1, k1, etc) or are newer snapdragons/exynos just as good or better? It doesn't look like the latency list in the first post has been updated in a while. I ask because I'm looking to buy a tablet specifically for moonlight streaming and wanted to find out what cpu would give the best experience. Thanks!
1st May 2018, 03:42 PM |#4111  

More
Config touch overlay
I am sure this has been asked a million times. Is there a way to move and resize the touch overlay buttons?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, game streaming, gamestream, geforce experience, shield

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)