By NiTrOwow, Senior Member on 1st May 2013, 11:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd October 2013, 08:18 PM |#11  
Senior Moderator / Forum Admin
Thanks Meter: 13,192

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTrOwow

Seems like a bug.. in the forum software handling the bbcode..

Just remove the <br /> at the end of the url and it works.

FYI. PROBLEM IS SENT TO FORUM ADMIN.

Thanks. This problem is now fixed. it will not ask for a password now.

Mike
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MikeChannon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MikeChannon Ad-Free
24th October 2013, 12:27 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Alright then, only thing that i miss on this tab is a uhm extra ogt support and a good data sheet of the soc. Else would have made a small shell/nas/webserver from out of it.. But modding requires me a data sheet or else i have to reserve engineer the soc and then try to mod it with luck(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeChannon

Thanks. This problem is now fixed. it will not ask for a password now.

Mike

Thanks Mike that was fast :')

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app
24th October 2013, 12:59 AM |#13  
Flag Montréal
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Alright then, only thing that i miss on this tab is a uhm extra ogt support and a good data sheet of the soc. Else would have made a small shell/nas/webserver from out of it.. But modding requires me a data sheet or else i have to reserve engineer the soc and then try to mod it with luck(?)

If I receive a S03 and I hope is this, I will try your tutorial, if is a S02 I will try other thing because I suppose is not the same CPU and this risk not work?

About the OTG, I have read a guy success use it on the S18 with a external power on the OTG. He say it's a power problem only. Just I lost the link where is this message.

I hope my english is OK because is not my language.
25th October 2013, 06:58 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef20

If I receive a S03 and I hope is this, I will try your tutorial, if is a S02 I will try other thing because I suppose is not the same CPU and this risk not work?

About the OTG, I have read a guy success use it on the S18 with a external power on the OTG. He say it's a power problem only. Just I lost the link where is this message.

I hope my english is OK because is not my language.

No i understand you if you get your S03 or 02 you will have to open it up and have a look at it yourself i made some close up images of the board.
They can be found right here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2253706

So you can look at your device and mine from the inside and look what is diffrent
The Following User Says Thank You to NiTrOwow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NiTrOwow Ad-Free
25th October 2013, 07:03 PM |#15  
Flag Montréal

More
Quote:

No i understand you if you get your S03 or 02 you will have to open it up and have a look at it yourself i made some close up images of the board.
They can be found right here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2253706

So you can look at your device and mine from the inside and look what is diffrent

It's fun view the inside without open it I view have a little more space for a bigger battery
The Following User Says Thank You to Stef20 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Stef20 Ad-Free
25th October 2013, 07:29 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

It's fun view the inside without open it I view have a little more space for a bigger battery

Forgot to say that this battery for the S18-03 has a pcb on the battery (fail safe, anti-overvolt). It did surprise me because most cheap china products don't have that and it is a risk if you want to use it a lot because it may someday explode if you don't have this haha .. Battery looks like a BL-5B/BLC-2 from nokia without the plastic housing.
28th October 2013, 11:25 PM |#17  
Flag Montréal

More
Finaly I received my S18 today and it's a S03, just a big trouble... after only few hours of use, the power button refuse work now... It's a cra* product I received...
30th October 2013, 04:25 AM |#18  
Flag Montréal

More
I'm a little sad not success try your tutorial because my S18 are dead before... Now I not able start my tablet... I will return it!

I purchase a Asus Me172v and success root it . I used this tutorial http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=42047570 , just I'm not able write in this section because I suppose I'm new or I need have more messages.
19th November 2013, 10:42 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I'm a little sad not success try your tutorial because my S18 are dead before... Now I not able start my tablet... I will return it!

I purchase a Asus Me172v and success root it . I used this tutorial http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=42047570 , just I'm not able write in this section because I suppose I'm new or I need have more messages.

Oke that sucks to have a DOA.
I hope they will resort this, and that you will be able to try my guide.

Good luck man.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiTrOwow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NiTrOwow Ad-Free
19th November 2013, 02:35 PM |#20  
Flag Montréal

More
Quote:

Oke that sucks to have a DOA.
I hope they will resort this, and that you will be able to try my guide.

Good luck man.

I wait a new S18, just it's very long to receive it with the cheap post chipping.

I want root it because I hate not have the control
20th November 2013, 07:31 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I wait a new S18, just it's very long to receive it with the cheap post chipping.

I want root it because I hate not have the control

This tablet without root is useless in my opnoin. This is meant for modding/hacking and such. Who the heck would buy this device for browsing the internet? I guess people who don't understand that those specs and the price never will be what they think they get
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)