By NiTrOwow, Senior Member on 1st May 2013, 11:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th November 2013, 07:31 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef20

I wait a new S18, just it's very long to receive it with the cheap post chipping.

I want root it because I hate not have the control

This tablet without root is useless in my opnoin. This is meant for modding/hacking and such. Who the heck would buy this device for browsing the internet? I guess people who don't understand that those specs and the price never will be what they think they get
20th November 2013, 07:40 PM |#22  
Flag Montréal
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTrOwow

This tablet without root is useless in my opnoin. This is meant for modding/hacking and such. Who the heck would buy this device for browsing the internet? I guess people who don't understand that those specs and the price never will be what they think they get

Me I purchased this more for be a very small books reader when I not want have my 7" tablet with me because is to much big for have this always on me. The S18 it's very easy for have it always on the pant's belt. Just for the people have a smartphone I don't understand why purchase a S18, me I don't have one.
27th November 2013, 02:09 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef20

Me I purchased this more for be a very small books reader when I not want have my 7" tablet with me because is to much big for have this always on me. The S18 it's very easy for have it always on the pant's belt. Just for the people have a smartphone I don't understand why purchase a S18, me I don't have one.

I have a smartphone, i use it for my outlook&owa, gmail, camera, and to call with it, and sometimes use the browser that's really it.

I purchased my s18 just for fun. More as a small gadget or as MP3 player or for YouTube. But i did not use it for this so i wanted to mod it and make a small shell server from it.
My tablet is Nexus 7 16gb(2012) got it from a friend for 100 euro. But don't use it, i might just sell soon or later.
30th December 2013, 02:44 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Talking
Thanks to the OP, While the S18 is suppose to have root as standard, it wasn't working properly.

In spite being a techie I prefer my phones dumb. Mind you our phones are rarely used. £15 top up lasts 3 months.

What I wanted was a PDA, and this little thing fitted the bill.

Tweaked to offer best battery life £30 was a bargin.
5th January 2014, 08:55 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Otg works with external power
I registered just to tell you that otg works perfectly with power injecting cable. Tested 2 TB NTFS drive and apple usb - Ethernet dongle. Both work well. Also you can use this device as WiFi ap with Ethernet dongle. I am planning to use this as portable server. I just hope somebody gets interested making updated firmware.
9th January 2014, 11:13 AM |#26  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechmouse

Thanks to the OP, While the S18 is suppose to have root as standard, it wasn't working properly.

In spite being a techie I prefer my phones dumb. Mind you our phones are rarely used. £15 top up lasts 3 months.

What I wanted was a PDA, and this little thing fitted the bill.

Tweaked to offer best battery life £30 was a bargin.

Battery is indeed poor. But for the price surly not bad. I was thinking about taking an normal/good htx one x g23 battery take of the protection ic and price the protection ic from the original battery on it because they have the same voltage rating. And this might just make this thing get a amazing battery life. Idk have to test it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Blah

I registered just to tell you that otg works perfectly with power injecting cable. Tested 2 TB NTFS drive and apple usb - Ethernet dongle. Both work well. Also you can use this device as WiFi ap with Ethernet dongle. I am planning to use this as portable server. I just hope somebody gets interested making updated firmware.

Thanks for letting me know. I had no otg cable so i could not test it. But strange because the vendor says it does not support it. What a fail of jxd.
31st January 2014, 12:30 PM |#27  

More
404 Error
Hey OP, the link to the root files goes to mega.co.nz and it is just giving a "The file you are trying to download is no longer available" Are you able to fix that?
2nd February 2014, 12:27 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by themainc

Hey OP, the link to the root files goes to mega.co.nz and it is just giving a "The file you are trying to download is no longer available" Are you able to fix that?

Sorry mate accidentally deleted the it from my account. Held a clean up a week or so ago in my mega account.. Should work again now.

Download here
3rd February 2014, 08:23 AM |#29  

More
Talking With much excitement.
Ha HAAA!!!!!! SUCCESS! Very much appreciated my good man. I've finally broken Elsa out of her chains. Onward, to FREEDOM!!

(Also, in case the context wasn't clear enough, and because if any of you are like me it'd drive you mad, Elsa is my S18 Tablet)
10th February 2014, 04:59 AM |#30  
Flag Montréal
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I success root my new S18. Thank you NiTrOwow

Model: S18-03-201308-4gb-00279
Android version: 4.1.1
Kernel: 3.0.36+ (2 feb. 2013)
Build: S18-02-RKV1.8-20130202
11th February 2014, 03:14 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up
Thanks, worked great for my model:

Model: S18-03-201302-4gb-00905
Android version: 4.1.1
Kernel: 3.0.36+ (2 feb. 2013)
Build: S18-02-RKV1.8-20130202
The Following User Says Thank You to philenotfound For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift philenotfound Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)