Ginger Stir Fry [Gen1 + Gen2] [ZTE 2.3.4 leak based rom]

Search This thread

Reasec

Aug 14, 2011
16bit transparency has no effect on app drawer open/scroll/close animations. Its still choppy.

ryanraven

Nov 14, 2010
Cardiff
Screenshot

Please add screenshot like Cyanogen :D would be amazing ! :D

2 Point
I have weaker signal on this rom than any other rom :/

Last edited:

Gavin01

Apr 17, 2006
this rom seems to work lovely for me......Battery life seems excellent even with wireless enabled and quite heavy usage.......

anyone tell me how i install the radio? as i cant find it....

Also one other thing sometimes the green light stays on?

this rom seems to work lovely for me......Battery life seems excellent even with wireless enabled and quite heavy usage.......

anyone tell me how i install the radio? as i cant find it....

Also one other thing sometimes the green light stays on?

That's due to a bug in the kernel. you could install b26 or try install the old kernel.

But this rom is out of development
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18273709&postcount=138

Better switch to Cyanogenmod or another rom like f.e. Moldovan.

Reactions: Gavin01

Gavin01

Apr 17, 2006
would those ones have as good battery life as this one?

i tryed cyanogenmod and didnt like it.

or how about this one?

update-cm-7.1.0.2-XperiaRay-ST18i-signed.zip

from cyanogenmods webs ite?

wbaw

or how about this one?

That is for a different phone. You want update-cm-7.1.0-Blade-signed.zip or the latest nightly version from - http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=blade, because you have a ZTE Blade. You also need the Google Apps from http://goo-inside.me/gapps, otherwise there's no Android Market in CM7.

If anybody wants to fix the green led issue in GSF, it should be fixed in my latest kernel source code on my Github - https://github.com/John-Kenney/kernel-35 I haven't actually tested it, but it's using Tom G's fixed led patch for CM7 (that led on during sleep feature will be coming back to cm7 soon & it works properly now). You'll have to compile your own kernel & create your own boot.img, I'm not using GSF now & I'm busy building a website, so I'm not going to bother. If anybody wants to test it out & post fixed gen1 & gen2 boot.img files then I'll update the first post. However, you should really switch to CM7.

Battery life in CM7 depends on your settings, your apps & how you use your phone. Some of the default settings lead to lower battery life, but it can be configured to have pretty good battery life. The main thing you want to change is the cpu governor should be 'ondemand' & the minimum speed should be 122.8mhz you can find that under cyanogenmod settings, 'use 16bit transparency' should be enabled too, that will make some animations a little smoother.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gavin01

Gavin01

Apr 17, 2006
ill look into it thanks.

i do love the rom i have just the green light thing is annoying..

I dont under stand enough when you mention the kernal part:(

Mafioso

Nov 13, 2007
Pune
Does this ROM support 2 way call recording ?

The software which came originally with my phone Dell XCD35 (indian rebrand of blade) had that feature but cm7 doesn't have it ?

cd492

Oct 20, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
When making a call my screen goes black and I can't push a button. I have to remove the battery in order to finish the call. Has anyone the same problem?

Vortex50

Nov 22, 2012
PROBLEM

hi all,
i installed GSF and its amazing!
but there is this problem that bothering me alot...
here's the problem: All calls through "Viber" come through speakers, not earpiece.
what's the problem?:confused:
I havve ZTE-U v880

jesuita

hi all,
i installed GSF and its amazing!
but there is this problem that bothering me alot...
here's the problem: All calls through "Viber" come through speakers, not earpiece.
what's the problem?:confused:
I havve ZTE-U v880

You reckon you just revived a 1year and 1 month thread ? :) Hehe

GSF, great rom, my first custom rom ever!

About the problem you have.. really no idea ..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Rom is based on the ZTE Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread) leak with ZTE's 2.6.35.7-perf zte-kernel@Zdroit-SMT kernel...

It is now obsolete ... a more recent version is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1389364

This rom is for Gen1 or Gen2 ZTE Blades. You need to use ClockworkMod 3 or above to install this.

Ginger Stir Fry Beta 27
    Download: gsf-blade-b27.zip mirror mirror
    File size: 89.07 MB
    MD5: e993799f9496d6979d8e547506afeb00
    SHA1: ae98c4b74879667825223d0fe12a65ff6c2b54a7

*NO WIPE, NO WHINE POLICY - Please make sure that you wipe data / factory reset in ClockworkMod before reporting any bugs.

Included Apps / Credits

2.6.35 kernel with overclocking support - Source Code

Darktremor A2SD (modified by me)

App Widget Picker
    Google Car Home
    CM7 Contacts, Messaging & Dialler
    CM7 Deskclock
    CM7 Email
    ZTE Emode & FelixL's Emode Helper App
    OI File Manager
    Andorko's FM Radio 0.5
    CM7 Gallery
    GMail 2.3.5
    CM7 Keyboard
    Gingerbread Launcher (With 3D App Drawer)
    Live Wallpapers, Magic Smoke Wallpapers (CM7), Visualisation Wallpapers
    Google Maps & Street View
    No-Frills CPU Control
    Rom Manager 4.4.0.6
    Super User
    Android Terminal Emulator
    Google Talk
    Flashlight (Torch App)
    Android market 3.1.5
    Voice Dialler (CM7)
    Voice Search
    YouTube 2.2.16

Busybox 1.19.0 - Source Code
    Bash (CM7)
    OpenVPN (CM7)
    Dropbear SSH (CM7)
    Nano (CM7)

CM7 GPS Shim
    CM7 APNs

Lib Files (stagefright, media decoders, surfaceflinger) & Browser App from Orange Monte Carlo rom (ZTE Skate)

Particle Ring Boot Animation (Optimised by me)
    Extra Ring Tones (Mostly from CM7)

Most of the rest of the rom is from the ZTE Gingerbread leak.

GPL source code notice - The following parts of this rom contain GPL code:
    The kernel used in this rom was modified by me & Burstlam from ZTE's Skate 2.6.35 kernel source code, source is here: https://github.com/John-Kenney/kernel-35
    Busybox is using the compiled binary from busybox.net here, source code is available on the busybox.net website here
    Bash & Nano are taken from the CM7 project - instructions to compile CM7
    If you do keep developing this software i for one will be following your work. It would be nice to know what your intentions are wbw.

There isn't much point in continuing with this particular rom now that CM7 has the .35 kernel, new wifi driver & 16bit patch.

CM7 is now better in every possible way & it's a proper community run open source project. GSF was only meant as a stopgap until the .35 kernel source had been released & integrated into CM7. I only made it because I was annoyed about the wifi being killed when the screen was off in roms using the old wifi driver.

Also, official zte android 2.3.5 has been released & nobody noticed for nearly a month :eek:

And finally, Ice Cream Sandwich may be coming to the Blade very soon.

So, I'll be doing what I can to help improve CM7. I recommend everybody upgrades to CM7. It's way ahead of this rom, lots more cool features, fewer bugs, now the ui is just as fast (with 16bit hack) & the wifi works properly (thanks to the .35 kernel & new wifi driver).

I'll leave the links up here for anybody that still wants gsf, but it's become outdated, it wont get another update & I recommend CM7.
    @wbaw
    I found you ! .. keep up the great work man !
    after my posting at:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1163609&page=3
    it may not surpise you that I may try the b19, and that I just used your 'donate' link.
    cheers mate.
    btw,
    just noticed that b19 is an all-in-one ... will it go on ok considering I already have clockwork installed ?
    welcome here @ xda, wbaw!
    keep up the good work!!!

or how about this one?

That is for a different phone. You want update-cm-7.1.0-Blade-signed.zip or the latest nightly version from - http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=blade, because you have a ZTE Blade. You also need the Google Apps from http://goo-inside.me/gapps, otherwise there's no Android Market in CM7.

If anybody wants to fix the green led issue in GSF, it should be fixed in my latest kernel source code on my Github - https://github.com/John-Kenney/kernel-35 I haven't actually tested it, but it's using Tom G's fixed led patch for CM7 (that led on during sleep feature will be coming back to cm7 soon & it works properly now). You'll have to compile your own kernel & create your own boot.img, I'm not using GSF now & I'm busy building a website, so I'm not going to bother. If anybody wants to test it out & post fixed gen1 & gen2 boot.img files then I'll update the first post. However, you should really switch to CM7.

Battery life in CM7 depends on your settings, your apps & how you use your phone. Some of the default settings lead to lower battery life, but it can be configured to have pretty good battery life. The main thing you want to change is the cpu governor should be 'ondemand' & the minimum speed should be 122.8mhz you can find that under cyanogenmod settings, 'use 16bit transparency' should be enabled too, that will make some animations a little smoother.