[ROM] [4.2.2] [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 for ChaCha [a810e / Status] [28.05.2013]

Search This thread

luzifer1984

Mar 8, 2012
I wonder, can we use the kernel from the other CM10 rom? would that fix any performance issues? it would likely result in some of the things fixed to be broken again(camera? I dunno) but in terms of battery life and whatnot, I wonder if it would work

yes! you can use the kernel from the other CM10 rom. And I had tested adumont's kernel source. working well for CM10.1. but battery drain faster. 9h54m37s. :(

Reactions: htchacha

furkandeger

Feb 1, 2013
İstanbul
fast, smooth for me so far. I don't know how to fix your problem. WIPE?

I should try it. That's weird. Maybe because of the GApps I used. Do you have a recommended one?

Whatever, I want to report some bugs I have encountered:

Sometimes when a photo captured, it is saved just a grey screen. No actual image.

Panaroma laggy.
Timer, HDR doesn't work.
Proximity sensor is not working.
Lock screen is laggy.
Green and red buttons are not working.(This was a known issue, but at least red one should have worked when a call is in progress.)

I think the most important one here is proximity sensor. I think adumont(aka adlx.xda) might have a fix for this but the application... I don't know how to apply.

EDIT: There is also a bug with camcorder. It is said it's working on low FPS but it doesn't work. It cannot capture anything.

Last edited:

didije

Nov 10, 2009
Just want to add sth. Played with it a bit on my friend's device and when I started bluetooth the device rebooted and the bluetooth was on after reboot. When I tried to turn it off, it was turning it off forever. I couldn't turn it on again until the next reboot.

Edit: Camcorder is working fine here.

Last edited:

furkandeger

Feb 1, 2013
İstanbul
Just want to add sth. Played with it a bit on my friend's device and when I started bluetooth the device rebooted and the bluetooth was on after reboot. When I tried to turn it off, it was turning it off forever. I couldn't turn it on again until the next reboot.

Edit: Camcorder is working fine here.

What do you mean by fine? Can you play the video you captured? On my end, it says "cannot play this video". I flashed the rom again with full wipe and format system and boot, but nothing has changed.

EDIT: Seems like it can play, but only when you enter the gallery and play the video. When you swipe the screen to the left after you captured the video and try to play it there, it says "this video cannot be played".

Last edited:

didije

Nov 10, 2009
Yes. It is capturing images and videos perfectly and it plays them as well. Also tested youtube hq and browser videos. They play pretty good as well.

didije

Nov 10, 2009
Yeah I saw it, but I cannot confirm it. I don't have the device anymore. Just played a bit with my friend's phone today. Just wanted to know what I am missing out. I loved this phone and I still visit this forum to see how far will it go :)

kronflux

Jun 6, 2012
Edmonton
Samsung Galaxy S7
Google Pixel 2
Well, I've been using this rom for over 24 hours now. Battery life isn't -horrible- but it isn't good either. Somehow it seems that using the CPU editing script did reduce the battery usage(even though the default governor is apparently already set to what I set it to).
I removed a couple things, added a couple, but ultimately I've stuck as close to the base rom as possible while still allowing me to do day-to-day tasks.
If we can figure out the battery life issues, maybe the wifi issues - this rom is nearly perfect. It does everything I need it to do - youtube works with HD(although I always had it -play- with HD selected, so I really dont know what the difference is per say.) doesn't buffer a lot.
I love the quick message reply. You can now reply to a message without even unlocking the phone.

I really hope someone takes this further.

furkandeger

Feb 1, 2013
İstanbul
Well, I've been using this rom for over 24 hours now. Battery life isn't -horrible- but it isn't good either. Somehow it seems that using the CPU editing script did reduce the battery usage(even though the default governor is apparently already set to what I set it to).
I removed a couple things, added a couple, but ultimately I've stuck as close to the base rom as possible while still allowing me to do day-to-day tasks.
If we can figure out the battery life issues, maybe the wifi issues - this rom is nearly perfect. It does everything I need it to do - youtube works with HD(although I always had it -play- with HD selected, so I really dont know what the difference is per say.) doesn't buffer a lot.
I love the quick message reply. You can now reply to a message without even unlocking the phone.

I really hope someone takes this further.

There are some big fixes, yes, but we should somehow merge these fixes with adlx.xda's. After that, we may have the "almost-perfect" rom.

May 6, 2012
Hey, I tried to download the Facebook app but it's not supported. Is this because of the custom kernel? Will there be a port?

Thanks,
Ninja~

CanYouSmell

Oct 8, 2012
Cairo
Hey, I tried to download the Facebook app but it's not supported. Is this because of the custom kernel? Will there be a port?

Thanks,
Ninja~

go to /system and find the build.prop file and search for this line "ro.sf.lcd.density=150" and change it to "160" and reboot into recovery and wipe data and cache all will go right with all apps in the play store

malikou

Oct 25, 2007
Any update about battery issue ?

Sent from my HTC Chacha A810 using xda app-developers app

May 6, 2012
Reactions: CanYouSmell
May 25, 2012
Hanoi
kaiapd.co.cc
Any update about battery issue ?

Sent from my HTC Chacha A810 using xda app-developers app

I hardly have any problems. Battery capacity is quite stable. Nice ROM. :D

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

go to /system and find the build.prop file and search for this line "ro.sf.lcd.density=150" and change it to "160" and reboot into recovery and wipe data and cache all will go right with all apps in the play store

Good job. :good:

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

This ROM rocks it provides everything adlx's CM10 rom missed . really thanks to the dev :good:

Caller picture is not in the right place with the right dimensions. Can you fix it? :D

by.adrian

Oct 30, 2010
Bucuresti
www.XceNik.deviantart.com
I made preview of rom.

Work perfect on YouTube with HQ and same on browser.
Radio FM it's work with Spirit FM from Google Play.

ip2xae.png

Last edited:
Reactions: luzifer1984

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogeMod 10.1 for HTC ChaCha [a810e / Status]​

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, broken hearts,
     * thermonuclear war, you getting fired because the alarm app failed, or 
     * unfulfilled sexual partners. Please do some research if you have any 
     * concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are
     * choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me
     * for messing up your device, I will point that finger back at you and laugh.
     * make sure you do a nandroid backup in case your phone blows up in 
     * your face because your phone cant handle the speed :).
     */

Code:
      Google
      Android
      CyanogenMod
      androidarmv6
      OWLProject
      Andreas Schneider
      Special thank to winsuk
      Special thank to JDevs (kernel,Device & Vendor,bug fixed,guide,support)
      alquez
      Droste
      pabloPL
      WFS:     crossfire77  rallapag
      ChaCha:  adumont (patches     Lucas Arran
      everyone who's been working on CM10.1
      And you!

Code:
    - GSM
    - Data (2G/3G)
    - SMS / MMS
    - GPS     ???
    - USB
    - Bluetooth
    - WI-FI
    - LED
    - Camera
    - Photocamera [fully]
    - Camcoder (low FPS)
    - Panorama mode  [figured screen sometimes,It can be fixed easily]
    - Video playback [not fully, with the 90º rotation playback,It can be fixed easily]
    - YouTube [LQ/HQ/Browser] ???
    - FM ???
    ??? I have not tested them

BUG:
    Code:
    - Battery drain fast
    - Front camera
    - USB Tethering
    - Wi-Fi-Modem
    - A2DP lag
    - FM Radio 
    - in-call screen - caller picture is not in the right place with the right dimensions.It can be fixed easily

https://github.com/OWLProject/OWL-Predator-KERNEL/blob/master/README.md

NO NEXT

BUT I'll upload my source files and step-by-step guide on my github(https://github.com/luzifer1984). a few days later.

I'm Chinese,so I would not compile next ROM for WWE.

My next build is only support for HTC CN CHS.

You can build a rom from source. plz add zh_CN (Chinese Simplified) support. THX!

cm-10.1-20130528-EXPERIMENTAL-chacha-A1.zip
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2l4GSuwT6TKMExrRXpmXzZyb3M/edit

CronMod-INT2EXT
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1716124

Screenshot_2013-05-28-12-10-08.png

Screenshot_2013-05-28-14-22-30.png

Screenshot_2013-05-28-14-22-48.png

Screenshot_2013-05-28-14-33-35.png

Screenshot_2013-05-28-14-35-04.png

Screenshot_2013-05-28-14-27-11.png

Screenshot_2013-05-28-14-26-07.jpg

Screenshot_2013-05-28-14-24-13.png
    meantime, i tried compile using the old backup kernal (Luzifer1984/OWL-Predator-KERNEL_BAK) and it worked.... now testing the new rom in progress... will release it if i dont find any issues.

Thanks for all your help
    with your advice the incall screen is fixed, but i was not able get the proximity sensor work with the patch from adumont.... do i need to apply all the patches available in five folders under 'adumont/android_device_htc_chacha / extra / patch /' or just the patches in folder 'android_packages_apps_Phone'?

and i have released the compiled rom.... all credits go to you man. Thank you :good:

just the patches in folder 'android_packages_apps_Phone'.
    Have u patch up 'android_packages_apps_Phone' patches ?

AND Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui.xml fix "in-call screen - caller picture"

And thanks for your time. release ur new rom. thx

with your advice the incall screen is fixed, but i was not able get the proximity sensor work with the patch from adumont.... do i need to apply all the patches available in five folders under 'adumont/android_device_htc_chacha / extra / patch /' or just the patches in folder 'android_packages_apps_Phone'?

and i have released the compiled rom.... all credits go to you man. Thank you :good:

Thanks,
    Ninja~