3G CDMA Data in CM11

Search This thread

huatz84

Jul 10, 2009
Binjai,North Sumatra
I got no 3G CDMA data in CM11. It worked fine in CM10.2. In earlier build of CM10.2,I also got no 3G CDMA data. I forgot which build had it fixed. I know some of US CDMA users didn't have this issue. Don't know what could be wrong. I'm using MIUI now and thinking to switch back to CM11 coz it's much smoother and reliable. But,with no 3G CDMA data which I used a lot makes me stopped using it. So far I saw only one user reported this issue who came from Mexico. I'm from Indonesia and using Evdo rev A and Evdo rev B. There's no LTE here.

kabaldan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2009
Prague
android.doshaska.net
I got no 3G CDMA data in CM11. It worked fine in CM10.2. In earlier build of CM10.2,I also got no 3G CDMA data. I forgot which build had it fixed. I know some of US CDMA users didn't have this issue. Don't know what could be wrong. I'm using MIUI now and thinking to switch back to CM11 coz it's much smoother and reliable. But,with no 3G CDMA data which I used a lot makes me stopped using it. So far I saw only one user reported this issue who came from Mexico. I'm from Indonesia and using Evdo rev A and Evdo rev B. There's no LTE here.

To remember which CM 10.2 build fixed it could help.

Anyway, later CM 10.2 builds switched the telephony code to stuff merged from qualcomm branches (qcril).
Just a few days ago, the qcril has been finally merged to CM 11.0 as well.
So it's the right time to give it a try.

Remember to use the most recent moto_msm8960 nightly, not the CM 11.0 M4 that will be released during the next few days (M4 has been branched just before the qcril merge).

Reactions: huatz84

huatz84

Jul 10, 2009
Binjai,North Sumatra

Anyway, later CM 10.2 builds switched the telephony code to stuff merged from qualcomm branches (qcril).

Remember to use the most recent moto_msm8960 nightly, not the CM 11.0 M4 that will be released during the next few days (M4 has been branched just before the qcril merge).
Finally! It works great now! Thanks a lot! First boot I still got no data. But,I saw there's APN settings so I deleted all Sprint's APN's and data came out all of sudden. Awesome! This CM11 will be my daily driver. I noticed a kind of new welcome screen interface. Btw,the previous build should work if APN setting can be changed which I think not exist until qcril has been merged. Anyway,Thanks a lot to all Moto qcom devs especially kabaldan (a.k.a nadlabak) who had spent hours to answer our questions,problems and fixing bugs until it became fully usable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

adamantem

Apr 30, 2013
Hi, i'm from mexico, i have this problem with 3g data on cdma. can you help me, in the apn settings there are nothing, but i still got no data

Enviado desde mi PHOTON Q mediante Tapatalk

adamantem

Apr 30, 2013
Yep, I'm using 20140306, and I deleted all apn, reboot the phone. Also in Prefered Network time says EvDo Only, when I change to Global or CDMA Only, back again to EvDo Only, I don't know why.

If I delete the apn-conf.xml file ???

Sent from my PHOTON Q using Tapatalk

huatz84

Jul 10, 2009
Binjai,North Sumatra
Yep, I'm using 20140306, and I deleted all apn, reboot the phone. Also in Prefered Network time says EvDo Only, when I change to Global or CDMA Only, back again to EvDo Only, I don't know why.

If I delete the apn-conf.xml file ???

Sent from my PHOTON Q using Tapatalk
It should be set as cdma/evdo auto. You can try deleting apn-conf.xml. I think it's for GSM APN. So,it's safe to remove if you're using CDMA.

Sent from my PHOTON Q using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1394259995737.jpg
    1394259995737.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 112

adamantem

Apr 30, 2013
It should be set as cdma/evdo auto. You can try deleting apn-conf.xml. I think it's for GSM APN. So,it's safe to remove if you're using CDMA.

Sent from my PHOTON Q using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hi, now i'm in 20140309, still no 3G icon, No data conection, In the APN setting there are nothing, s switched Network to "CDMA/EvDo auto" even in *#*#4636*#*# I set in "Set preferred network tipy" CDMA auto (PRL), reboot and nothing.

The build works in Mexico for me is: CM-10.2-201305-NIGTHLY-skrilax-xt897.zip
attachment.php

huatz84

Jul 10, 2009
Binjai,North Sumatra
Hi, now i'm in 20140309, still no 3G icon, No data conection, In the APN setting there are nothing, s switched Network to "CDMA/EvDo auto" even in *#*#4636*#*# I set in "Set preferred network tipy" CDMA auto (PRL), reboot and nothing.

attachment.php
That's really strange. Maybe you can ask dhacker about this issue. He is the CDMA developer guy. My 3G CDMA works fine until now.

Reactions: adamantem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

attachment.php
    That's really strange. Maybe you can ask dhacker about this issue. He is the CDMA developer guy. My 3G CDMA works fine until now.