[N7 WiFi | N7 3G] CF-Auto-Root

Search This thread

zombie1991

Jan 8, 2011
Didn't work for me with latest Android 4.3 with Grouper on Nexus 7. Saw the red android but upon reboot SuperSU says no binary. Tried it again, same result.

Last edited:

elsworth1983

Mar 16, 2011
Lancaster,UK
Didn't work for me with latest Android 4.3 with Grouper on Nexus 7. Saw the red android but upon reboot SuperSU says no binary. Tried it again, same result.

Didn't work for me either but know doubt there will be a fix soon ;) or we both did something wrong :p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Didn't work for me either but know doubt there will be a fix soon ;) or we both did something wrong :p

Try this I just got root http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=43911469

nikola1970

Feb 22, 2012
Root works well on my 4.3 nexus 7, but after this can i relock a bootloader and will root stay OK?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

JPHCCFC

Apr 9, 2006
Toronto Canada
I have installed the relevant files and I am getting an error message that no su binary is installed, any ideas what the problem could be?

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
It'll be this one http://www.tabletcenter.be/product/359870/nexus-7-32gb-2013.html#product_specifications or it's LTE brother if it's available

will there be a way on the device to determine which one i'll need?

Device code: NEXUS7 ASUS-1A013A, uses the snapdragon S4 Pro so i'm thinkin it'll be the razor flo one

I thought my post was pretty clear that you need the one for flo. Flo is the device name for the new Nexus 7 2013 wifi model. It's the last one on the page that I linked for you.

As for an LTE model which is device name deb, I have no idea if the CF-Auto root for flo will work on that. If you are unsure, you should ask in the proper forum for the N7 2013. http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2409

Mike T

Last edited:

nmnikolov

Aug 14, 2011
I thought my post was pretty clear that you need the one for flo. Flo is the device name for the new Nexus 7 2013 wifi model. It's the last one on the page that I linked for you.

As for an LTE model which is device name deb, I have no idea if the CF-Auto root for flo will work on that. If you are unsure, you should ask in the proper forum for the N7 2013. http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2409

Mike T
I suppose CF-Auto root for flo will work on both wifi and LTE 2013 versions. I have the Nexus 7 2013 LTE version since yesterday and rooted it using another thread in xda. First unlocked the bootloader manually, then booted (not flashed!) custom recovery and rooted it installing from sdcard SuperSU (UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.51.zip). The thread I was using was for FLO, but it worked even for the DEB version of the Nexus.

What I see from the web page of the tool http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/ the tool is doing what I did yesterday:
1. "The included scripts perform an "OEM unlock". If this fails, the root will not work. If it succeeds, and you were not previously unlocked (first time rooting ?), it will probably wipe your data !"
2. "A special boot image will load, which will install (only) SuperSU, then reboot into Android."
It seems the tool is not installing any custom recovery!

Pickens

Aug 16, 2010
I was hoping I could get a little help from you guys. A friend of mine has a WiFi N7 (original 8gig) and his son tried to root it using this method. Since he did it, the thing is stuck in a bootloop.

It will show the Google screen, then bring up the red android and show a script running. It then says it will reboot into android in 10 seconds. Every time it reboots and does this same thing over again.

I figured that it just needs a data wipe, but it will not boot into the bootloader menu. The power, volume +, volume - combination does nothing. It just reboots back to the script. Is this script somehow bypassing the normal bootloader? Without being able to boot into the boot loader I can't do any flash tools to repair.
It isn't seen in ADB either because it remains stuck in the boot loop.
Any thoughts or suggestions? Is he screwed?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CF-Root is the root for "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root is meant to be used in combination with stock firmwares, and be the quickest and easiest way for your first root.

Donate
    CF-Root has been available for many devices and has clocked over 9.5 million downloads. This is not even counting custom ROMs that already include it. Don't be a leech, buy me a beer (and use the "Thanks" button!). Imagine if every CF-Root user has donated me $1...

What's installed
    - SuperSU binary and APK
    - Nothing else, that's it.

Installation and usage

- Download the ZIP file (see post below for link)
    - Extract the ZIP file
    - Boot your device in bootloader/fastboot mode. Usually this can be done by turning your device off, then holding VolUp+VolDown+Power to turn it on.
    - Connect your device to your computer using USB

- Windows:
    --- Run root-windows.bat

- Linux
    --- chmod +x root-linux.sh
    --- Run root-linux.sh

- Mac OS X
    --- chmod +x root-mac.sh
    --- Run root-mac.sh

- Follow the on-screen instructions - watch both the computer and the device !

Note that if your device had not been unlocked before, this procedure will wipe all your data !

Are you having fastboot driver issues? You can find fastboot drivers in many places, but the easiest way is probably just installing the Android SDK.

Did you see the red Android logo during rooting, but SuperSU does not appear? This may sometimes occur due to left-over files and settings, however, you can usually install SuperSU from Google Play at this stage and it'll just work.

Not included - adbd Insecure
    As this CF-Root does not include a custom kernel, adb shell does not have root access by default (you can still get it by typing su inside the shell), nor is adb remount supported, nor will adb push and adb pull work on system files. adbd Insecure can be used to remedy this situation. (No idea what this is about ? Don't worry about it !)

CF-Auto-Root homepage
    http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/

CF-Auto-Root main thread
    [CENTRAL] CF-Auto-Root
    For requests for new roots and generic discussion - please keep device specific discussion in the thread you are viewing now.
    2013.05.20 --- CF-Auto-Root

SuperSU: v1.30

Download:

grouper (Nexus 7 Wi-Fi): CF-Auto-Root-grouper-nakasi-nexus7.zip
    tilapia (Nexus 7 3G): CF-Auto-Root-tilapia-nakasig-nexus7.zip

--- History ---
    2013.05.20: SuperSU v1.30
    2013.02.20: SuperSU v1.05
    2012.12.02: SuperSU v0.98
    CF-Auto-Root has been updated with the 4.3 SuperSU. I've only been able to test the Galaxy Nexus version myself, but it should work on the N7. Let me know if it doesn't.
    All CF-Auto-Root's have been updated with SuperSU v1.05 today !
    @Chanfire, I'm new on this device, I just bought my nexus 7 32gb wifi only and I don't really like the idea of rooting it using those toolkits around here... I never like them. I also has an international galaxy s3 which I rooted using cf-auto-root and update it using mobile Odin pro.
    The thing is that I don't really understand if I should install the android sdk first on my pc (running windows 8) to use this method for rooting my n7. I want to keep it stock but rooted, just like my s3.
    My n7 has been automatically updated to 4.2.1 so I only need to root it, so please I need to know if I need to unlock my bootloader first or if I only need to connect it to the pc and run the .bat file from this post and that's it.
    Please help me here!
    Thanks a lot in advance for all your help!

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2

Use WugFresh's toolkit. I was as hesitant as you but it was as easy as anything. Unless you know the coding and all of that I really wouldn't bother trying to do it yourself, the SDK is just to get the drivers so that you can use fastboot, then you need to unlock the bootloader and then you can root it, for the sake of all of that you can do it in 15 minutes with WugFresh's toolkit and be sure you haven't buggered it.