Thanks Meter: 1,895

By toastcfh, Retired Senior Recognized Developer on 14th June 2010, 04:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd June 2010, 06:41 AM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.cooper

I think the Link for the recovery.img is bad i cant download it.

Use this one and rename it "recovery" http://files.androidspin.com/downloa...o-v1.7.0.1.img

23rd June 2010, 07:37 AM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Charging issue
I doubt anyone will be able to help, but after unlocking nand, whenever I plug in my charger and then unplug it, it will always show as charging. Has anyone else had this issue?
23rd June 2010, 07:57 AM |#1003  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Can someone mirror all the files, or at least the first and last ones?

Cant get them to dl...
23rd June 2010, 08:45 AM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Recovery
One more thing, how necessary is the final step where you flash the recovery.img? That's where my problem starts. Once I do that and plug in any charger, the phone will always show as charging even after I unplug it. Can I skip that step and do a nandroid restore from there? I'm really sick of staring at an orange led light because my phone thinks its charging. I've followed the steps to the letter and I always have the same problem.
23rd June 2010, 02:05 PM |#1005  
OP Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Lakeland, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,895

Donate to Me
More
Wink
Links work. I used the mirror 1 links and they work fine. U may need to clear it history and cache in the browser ur using to download through. Also maybe right click the mirror 1 link and save as
23rd June 2010, 02:40 PM |#1006  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
When I try to flash PC36IMG.zip I get stuck. I have downloaded the file several times using multiple browsers and have even downloaded it using my phone and placed it in the root of the sd card with the same result. Here is the log that is generated when trying to load the image:
SD Checking...
Loading...[PC36DIAG.zip]
No image!
Loading...[PC36DIAG.nbh]
No image or wrong image!
Loading...[PC36IMG.zip]
No image!
Loading...[PC36.IMG.nbh]
No image or wrong image!

Sumbody told me to try a different sd card and it still dont work.
23rd June 2010, 03:47 PM |#1007  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Can someone please explain to me what the lines of code:

cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
chmod 755 /data/flash_image
/data/flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd-eng.img

actually do??

Knowledge of this would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.
23rd June 2010, 05:03 PM |#1008  
Atlanta, GA

More
Boot Loop / Can't mount sdcard
So I totally made a stupid mistake when starting Part 2 of the toast root method. Hoping maybe you guys can help me.

I failed to rename the PC36IMG-root.zip back to PC36IMG.zip so after running the nand backup and completing the steps regarding flash_image and mtd-eng I rebooted the phone and it's not finding PC36IMG.zip (because its still named PC36IMG-root.zip

I cannot mount or gain access to the sdcard through shell or windows file explorer. The phone is stuck in a boot loop and the only way I can stop it is to take the battery out and hard boot into the recovery/volumedown+power bootloader.

Any help would be appreciated.
23rd June 2010, 05:06 PM |#1009  
Central VA
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by h40

So I totally made a stupid mistake when starting Part 2 of the toast root method. Hoping maybe you guys can help me.

I failed to rename the PC36IMG-root.zip back to PC36IMG.zip so after running the nand backup and completing the steps regarding flash_image and mtd-eng I rebooted the phone and it's not finding PC36IMG.zip (because its still named PC36IMG-root.zip

I cannot mount or gain access to the sdcard through shell or windows file explorer. The phone is stuck in a boot loop and the only way I can stop it is to take the battery out and hard boot into the recovery/volumedown+power bootloader.

Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have a card reader? That should work.

Edit: Or maybe you could boot into recovery like you did in step 1 and rename it via ADB?

Yet another edit: You do realize Part 2 uses a different PC36IMG.zip, right? You don't want to name the original one back to PC36IMG.zip.
23rd June 2010, 05:15 PM |#1010  
Atlanta, GA

More
Brilliant!
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikivy

Do you have a card reader? That should work.

Edit: Or maybe you could boot into recovery like you did in step 1 and rename it via ADB?

Brilliant erik, will do!
23rd June 2010, 05:47 PM |#1011  
Central VA
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshnor713

Can someone please explain to me what the lines of code:

cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
chmod 755 /data/flash_image
/data/flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd-eng.img

actually do??

Knowledge of this would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

I'm bored here at work, so I'll take a wild-ass guess. The cat command somehow moves or transforms flash_image from the SD card to the data folder on the phone. chmod, from what I've been able to decipher, changes the permissions on flash_image. Then, the last line uses the newly modified flash_image file (is it some kind of utility or something?) to do something or other with the mtd-eng.img. I'm an old command line DOS guy trying like hell to learn more about linux and android, but damn, it's not coming easy.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)