Post Reply Email Thread
14th June 2010, 06:07 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 70

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabemeyers

you could b4... but still can now.

^ correct. Difference is now you can do it from within Android, instead of rebooting to recovery

14th June 2010, 06:08 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Just finished. Followed each step as instructed and worked without a problem.

Make sure to mount SD card if you have any issues...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=51
14th June 2010, 06:08 AM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 273

More
Don't forget to kick him back a cup of coffee for the hard work. This was the final hurdle and its nice to see it was finished so quickly.
14th June 2010, 06:09 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maejrep

nandroid should put all the backups in the same device-based folder, separating each individual backup into a folder based on date of the backup. If you no longer see a previous backup you made, then either the nandroid backup got put into a wrong directory, or you've wiped your sd card since your previous backup. If you used the clockwork recovery, I cannot guarantee that it is setup to place backups in the same location as our recovery.

You can look on your sdcard.. The recovery that we released previously (and released as a proper .img in this thread) will place your backups into /sdcard/nandroid/<serial number>/{B,C,D,S}*-YYYYMMDD-HHII/*.img

The clockwork recovery might have placed backups into a different directory, so check your sdcard.

I've never wiped my SDcard...the only thing I've done since the first backup was wipe the phone back to toast's rooted and then wiped data and dalvik cache to put DamageControl's ROM on my phone. I'm doing another backup now to see if I can see more than one, otherwise, I'm a bit worried. :-\

Edit: Ok, nevermind, I'm dumb. I was looking at device-ID and thought that was the backup. I selected it and now I see 4 different backups.
14th June 2010, 06:11 AM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maejrep

^ correct. Difference is now you can do it from within Android, instead of rebooting to recovery

all i did was open up the zip of any new rom i was going to use and drop it into the right spot, after deleting whatever 1 it came with... seemed easier then all that pushing nonsense, I like to drag and drop, lol
14th June 2010, 06:12 AM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 70

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurnout

I've never wiped my SDcard...the only thing I've done since the first backup was wipe the phone back to toast's rooted and then wiped data and dalvik cache to put DamageControl's ROM on my phone. I'm doing another backup now to see if I can see more than one, otherwise, I'm a bit worried. :-\

Just check what's on your sdcard. It's not in any weird format, it's a straight-forward directory structure. My guess is that you used clockwork recovery, and that instructs nandroid to place the backup files in a different location than what this recovery looks for. If that's the case, assuming clockwork used a compatible version of nandroid, you should just be able to copy the clockwork nandroid backups into /sdcard/nandroid/*, and it should Just Work.
14th June 2010, 06:13 AM |#107  
Flag Washington, DC

More
worked like a charm. im booting into flipz 0.2 rom now.

thanks!
14th June 2010, 06:16 AM |#108  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 894

More
CW Recovery uses a different nandroid location (due to incompatible backup formats on Motorola Droid and some other phones... long story). You can always use ROM Manager, or flash CW Recovery to get back to your original backup.
14th June 2010, 06:19 AM |#109  

More
just curious... can i delete these files from my sdcard now?
14th June 2010, 06:24 AM |#110  
Flag Mesa, AZ
Thanks Meter: 708

More
Works great! Thanks so much!!
14th June 2010, 06:26 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I was wrong. Just tried, and I still cant write to /system/app within android.. ideas? Is it because my previous ROM/nandroid backup?

Edit: forgot to mention recovery works fine, just no /system access.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)