[UNMAINTAINED][TOOL][LB][ROOT] Backup TA v9.11 for Windows [20140615]

603 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,454

By DevShaft, Senior Member on 23rd May 2013, 09:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th October 2013, 09:54 AM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 124

More
@pauldmps Did you try to flash custom kernel,as i know custom kernels can't be flashed on locked bootloader,so try flashing custom kernel thats how you'll know if your bootloader is unlocked for sure.

Sent from my Xperia Arc LT15i using XDA

19th October 2013, 04:34 PM |#1002  
Flag Jamshedpur/Bhubaneswar
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevShaft

After seeing your backup we can rule out #3, since the backup was made long before Backup TA could search for the correct TA partition. Your backup is made with an old version (Backup TA v8.6 ?) which always did backup /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 even though it may not be the correct one (for older Xperia models). This changed in Backup TA v9.0 (2013-06-30), see changelog .

Can you make a backup with the latest version of Backup TA and PM me the ZIP? Also how did you check whether the restore with Flashtool was successful?

I'll send you the latest backup.
The old backup was made using Backup Ta v8.5
If the restore with flashtool were not been successful, my phone should've been hard-bricked. Isn't it ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pren22

@pauldmps Did you try to flash custom kernel,as i know custom kernels can't be flashed on locked bootloader,so try flashing custom kernel thats how you'll know if your bootloader is unlocked for sure.

Sent from my Xperia Arc LT15i using XDA

As I said earlier, I'm running JB for XperiaU which requires a custom kernel.
19th October 2013, 07:54 PM |#1003  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldmps

I'll send you the latest backup.
The old backup was made using Backup Ta v8.5
If the restore with flashtool were not been successful, my phone should've been hard-bricked. Isn't it ??

Can you also send me the Flashtool backup? Then I can round this up and give you my conclusion .
19th October 2013, 07:57 PM |#1004  
Flag Jamshedpur/Bhubaneswar
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevShaft

Can you also send me the Flashtool backup? Then I can round this up and give you my conclusion .

Ok. Check PM.
19th October 2013, 08:19 PM |#1005  
OP Senior Member

More
@pauldmps
After looking at all the backups you sent me, I have come to the following unfortunate conclusion.
Your DRM keys are gone forever and it does not matter whether you have the Flashtool backup next to the Backup TA backups.

You made the backup with Backup TA v8.5, which at that time was not compatible with the Sony Xperia U. The reason for this is that Backup TA v8.5 made a backup of /dev/block/mmcblk0p1, which is the location of the TA for Sony Xperia Z, ZL, S and some other models. The location of the TA for Sony Xperia U is /dev/block/mmcblk0p2. This means your backup is from another partition of your device and thus not restoring anything related to bootloader locking/unlocking or DRM keys. Since Backup TA v9.0 the tool searches for the TA location and thus now finds your TA to be located at /dev/block/mmcblk0p2, but since you already have unlocked your bootloader its a little late for that. Backup TA now supports the Sony Xperia U and many other models, but it was not at the time you made the backup .

Your Flashtool backup was made with the S1 backup method, which does not backup DRM keys but instead can only be used to relock your bootloader without restoring DRM keys. So all of your backups are pretty useless and will not help you in a warranty case. I am sorry for you, but there is nothing more that can be done for your device in this state.
20th October 2013, 11:20 PM |#1006  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hello I'm over windows and I have xperia z ultra. Following the guide After 6. Run Backup-TA.bat. I can't 7-Choose one of the menu options, because in the comand is written that cannot execute ....tools /choise32.ex .all with a look shaky in the writing comand (cmd). What can i do ?
21st October 2013, 07:00 AM |#1007  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quino05

Hello I'm over windows and I have xperia z ultra. Following the guide After 6. Run Backup-TA.bat. I can't 7-Choose one of the menu options, because in the comand is written that cannot execute ....tools /choise32.ex .all with a look shaky in the writing comand (cmd). What can i do ?

I need a few things from you:

1. Windows version + architecture
2. Backup TA version
3. Complete output of the console/cmd when the error occurs.
21st October 2013, 10:07 AM |#1008  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I need to relock my bootloader before restoring my DRM?
21st October 2013, 10:17 AM |#1009  
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenx3

I need to relock my bootloader before restoring my DRM?

Restoring your backup you will automatically relock the bootloader.
22nd October 2013, 08:56 PM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
i backed up my TA and everything is fine, just one question after I back up my TA is the TA still on my phone or it went to my computer as I see my back up on my computer. I just want to make sure that my TA is still on my phone.
I did not unlock my boot loader yet
22nd October 2013, 10:50 PM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hykhleif

i backed up my TA and everything is fine, just one question after I back up my TA is the TA still on my phone or it went to my computer as I see my back up on my computer. I just want to make sure that my TA is still on my phone.
I did not unlock my boot loader yet

Of course TA is still on your phone...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup, partition, restore, trim area
Previous Thread Next Thread