[UNMAINTAINED][TOOL][LB][ROOT] Backup TA v9.11 for Windows [20140615]

603 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,454

By DevShaft, Senior Member on 23rd May 2013, 09:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th May 2013, 09:42 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I have a backup-TA frome version 8.0 of the script...

If I want to relock my BL, I only have to restore TA partition or need more process?

30th May 2013, 01:56 PM |#102  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 432

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by treoking

I have a backup-TA frome version 8.0 of the script...

If I want to relock my BL, I only have to restore TA partition or need more process?

Only need to restore, but try a dry run first, so you're sure it will work.

Skickat från min C6603 via Tapatalk 2
30th May 2013, 03:09 PM |#103  
Flag Sao Paulo
Thanks Meter: 458

More
I can confirm this method is working for Xperia S. Used @DevShaft Backup-TA Tool v8.6

I successfully made a backup, unlocked my bootloader this monday (may 27th), restored my bootloader today and now is showing "Bootloader unlock allowed: Yes", tested music info download and is working also.

Also I discovered two things:
There is no need to backup and restore using the same FW (my backup was made with 6.1.A.2.55_1257-6921 and restored with 6.2.B.0.200_1257-4001).
TA backup / restore is working for root while unlocked BL and keep rooted while locked BL.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RHBH For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RHBH Ad-Free
30th May 2013, 07:33 PM |#104  
Flag San José
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Hello, how can i confirm my backup is GOOD, i mean that it won't brick my device? i have a Xperia S, thank you.
30th May 2013, 07:48 PM |#105  
Flag Sao Paulo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shion420

Hello, how can i confirm my backup is GOOD, i mean that it won't brick my device? i have a Xperia S, thank you.

If you used backup v7.7+ you'll have a file named TA.md5 inside the ZIP that contains the MD5 of your TA image, if the MD5 match then the TA image is fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to RHBH For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RHBH Ad-Free
30th May 2013, 07:49 PM |#106  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 432

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shion420

Make a dry run first if it shows no errors then you're most likely good to go.

Skickat från min C6603 via Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to TheHawk002 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheHawk002 Ad-Free
30th May 2013, 11:10 PM |#107  
Flag ilocos
Thanks Meter: 32

More
It is possible to share the back up TA of xperia s and restore it to other xps?if yes, pls could someone share their back up TA for us to restore the missing drm keys to experienced the 100% power of our xps...thanks in advance

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium
30th May 2013, 11:40 PM |#108  
Flag Sao Paulo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemju_xps-user

It is possible to share the back up TA of xperia s and restore it to other xps?if yes, pls could someone share their back up TA for us to restore the missing drm keys to experienced the 100% power of our xps...thanks in advance

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

No.

If you flash a TA image in your device that does not belong to your device, You'll hard-brick your phone, because Trim Area partition contains some exclusive data, like IMEI, serial, unique hardware ID...
31st May 2013, 01:58 AM |#109  
Flag Troy, MI
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yenkazu

Always use pure stock recommended, before restore TA
Since restore TA, will lock Ur bootloader

It's not recommended, it's mandatory.
Restoring the TA with a non signed kernel will render your device unable to boot.
31st May 2013, 02:41 AM |#110  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 51

More
hi ... i'm on XS ...
i already have TA.img backup using terminal ..... so using md5.exe i've make TA-backup.zip ...

but when i try restore dry run, when extracting ' everything is ok ' , but on integrity check ' failed ' , restore unsuccesful ...
did i miss something ?

thank you ....
31st May 2013, 04:51 AM |#111  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Will this also work for xperia tablet z?

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup, partition, restore, trim area
Previous Thread Next Thread