By DevShaft, Senior Member on 23rd May 2013, 09:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th May 2013, 07:46 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,454

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomanlam

will try to restore on next full charge=] Thx for the great tool!!

Since you made the backups with v6 its better to first try "Restore dry-run" before the actual restore, just to test and see if all goes fine. The integrity checks in the older versions were not as good as they are now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DevShaft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DevShaft Ad-Free

24th May 2013, 10:03 AM |#12  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 417

More
I just want to feel safe after unlocking bootloader. I want to know that in any moment I can restore My TA and have a "just bought" phone.

So, is it safer now to think like that, or you think that it could be some more bug to or bad issue to think on?.

Thank for your work dude.
24th May 2013, 10:24 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member

More
There is one thing that has puzzled me these days which is what happens when Sony decides to changes bits here and there related to the TA. In theory this could lead to a hard-brick when your backup was taken with a firmware on the device older than the firmware when you restore the TA. Now I read Sony has never done such a thing in the past, but it is a risk. So its wise to mark your backups with the firmware you were running when you made the backups and first reflash that firmware (when not already on the device) before restoring. For now you have to do this marking and firmware flashing manually, but it may be automated later on. Still so far Sony has not changed anything related to the workings of TA and thus nothing to worry .
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DevShaft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DevShaft Ad-Free
24th May 2013, 10:44 AM |#14  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Somewhere in Oz...
Thanks Meter: 3,608

Donate to Me
More
@Caqou71 The tool does all the necessary checks and will NOT allow flashing of a bad TA image. However.. @ DevShaft, is there a command one can use to check MD5 of TA partition before starting the backup? That way nervous users can manually double check. Perhaps you could put this in a later release. E.g. "Save TA partition Md5 to file"

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
24th May 2013, 10:46 AM |#15  
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 237

More
@DevShaft

choice.com is not compatible with 64bits window editions.
24th May 2013, 11:13 AM |#16  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 417

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevShaft

There is one thing that has puzzled me these days which is what happens when Sony decides to changes bits here and there related to the TA. In theory this could lead to a hard-brick when your backup was taken with a firmware on the device older than the firmware when you restore the TA. Now I read Sony has never done such a thing in the past, but it is a risk. So its wise to mark your backups with the firmware you were running when you made the backups and first reflash that firmware (when not already on the device) before restoring. For now you have to do this marking and firmware flashing manually, but it may be automated later on. Still so far Sony has not changed anything related to the workings of TA and thus nothing to worry .

You are right, but if we can flash back any rom with flashtool, the there is no worries.
24th May 2013, 11:19 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoey63

@Caqou71 The tool does all the necessary checks and will NOT allow flashing of a bad TA image. However.. @ DevShaft, is there a command one can use to check MD5 of TA partition before starting the backup? That way nervous users can manually double check. Perhaps you could put this in a later release. E.g. "Save TA partition Md5 to file"

I can add an option in the menu to perform an integrity check on a backup and output the MD5s there for users to see.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to DevShaft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DevShaft Ad-Free
24th May 2013, 11:21 AM |#18  
Flag Pune, Maharashtra, India
Thanks Meter: 74

More
What is a dry run test?

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Hello
I took backup twice on FW .434 Generic NL, rooted. And I can see different CRC32 values of .md5 files.. But again I tried and took 3 backups and I can see same CRC32 value of .md5 files.. Why? Is it fine? Shall I go ahead unlock the BL?
24th May 2013, 11:22 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawyed

@DevShaft

Ok thanks, will look into it .

24th May 2013, 11:23 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by caqo71

You are right, but if we can flash back any rom with flashtool, the there is no worries.

Correct, yes.

24th May 2013, 11:51 AM |#21  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Somewhere in Oz...
Thanks Meter: 3,608

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawyed

@DevShaft

Yes, that message occurs on 8.4, but not on 8.3 (running Windows 7 x64)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup, partition, restore, trim area
Previous Thread Next Thread