[APP] Native Keyboard for WP7 (Russian, Ukrainian,...) -[U]- 17 DEC 2011 -[V]- 2.21

Search This thread

denominator77

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 17, 2010
The program alters Spanish or German system keyboard into one of the supported languages (see the list), or extends English keyboard. That will allow you to write text in your language anywhere in Windows Phone 7.

Starting from version 3.0 the application registers the keyboards in the system. So they are available under their own language switch.

If your phone hangs and restarts after installing version 3.x, then read the following post: #321.

Supported languages:
  • Russian
  • Ukrainian
  • Danish
  • Norwegian
  • Swedish
  • Finnish
  • Polish
  • Romanian
  • Czech
  • Hungarian
  • Bulgarian
  • Estonian
  • Latvian
  • Lithuanian
  • Bosnian
  • Croatian
  • Slovenian
  • Serbian
  • Slovak
  • Greek
  • Portuguese
  • Turkish
  • Hebrew
  • Macedonian
  • Thai (thanks to varavut for the layout!)
  • Arabic
  • Persian (Farsi)
  • Georgian (no font support, just a layout!)
  • Mongolian
  • Icelandic
I cannot test all keyboards personally. Please let me know if you find anything wrong in a keyboard layout.

Notes:
  • Use it on your own risk. In case of a problem, you might need to hard-reset your smartphone.
  • Your smartphone must be dev-unlocked: ChevronWP7 Unlocker, Tom XAP Installer.
  • The application supports Samsung, HTC and LG smartphones.
  • Version 3.x works on Samsung smartphones only. Other devices will be supported as soon as technically possible.

Versions 2.17+ support Mango. Imprortant: Your phone must be INTEROP-UNLOCKED to be able to run this application on Mango!

Changes in v2.21:
  • It works on Samsung phones with Mango now!
  • HTC COM-interfaces were updated to match the new libraries. It may fix compatibility with HTC phones on Mango.

Changes in v2.20:
  • New HTC libraries (extracted from Mango ROM). I hope it will fix the problem when the application cannot recognize an HTC phone.

Changes in v2.19:
  • Fixed alternative characters on Mango. (Note: this version is not compatible with older versions of OS anymore!)

Changes in v2.18:
  • Improved reporting of the initialization errors.

Changes in v2.17:
  • Experimental Mango support. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on Samsung devices yet. So I cannot test it on my Omnia 7. But it should work on HTC and LG devices. Please let me know whether it worked for you.
    Imprortant: Your phone must be INTEROP-UNLOCKED!
  • Fix: Some keyboard layouts referenced nonexistent RegistryPatch.xml file.

Changes in v3.3:
  • New keyboards: Icelandic.
  • Greek: 7-bit layout can be installed side-by-side to the regular Greek layout.

Changes in v2.16:

Before upgrading to a new version of the application, use "Revert patch" function.

Attachments

• ruskb1.1_1.jpg
    ruskb1.1_1.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 19,015
  • ruskb1.1_2.jpg
    ruskb1.1_2.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 5,860
  • NativeKeyboard-v2.16.zip
    656.2 KB · Views: 6,369
  • NativeKeyboard-v3.3.zip
    566.8 KB · Views: 14,169
  • NativeKeyboard-v2.17.zip
    656.3 KB · Views: 2,737
  • NativeKeyboard-v2.18.zip
    656.7 KB · Views: 1,166
  • NativeKeyboard-v2.19.zip
    660.8 KB · Views: 1,811
  • NativeKeyboard-v2.20.zip
    661 KB · Views: 7,724
  • NativeKeyboard-v2.21.zip
    803.3 KB · Views: 9,116
Last edited:

mideel

Oct 10, 2008
Hm. Tried this on my HD2 with WP7-Rom.
German was the only selected Keyboard in Settings.
Deployed with WP7-Developer Tools, but nothing changed, both in german and spanish keyboard.

//edit: omg, I'm so dumb..found the app in applist. thanks a lot, working fine =]

Last edited:

paul_43

Apr 5, 2010
Could you please make a Chinese Keyboard? we are desperate here.... We 1.5 billion people will thank you for that. :)

zyborg

Jun 21, 2008
Holmegaard
www.linkedin.com
Please make Danish keyboard version

Please use the attached files to make a Danish version of this WP7 keyboard.

PM me, if you have any questions.

Attachments

• DanishWP7.zip
    903 bytes · Views: 640
Last edited:
Reactions: KraFT_mk

denominator77

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 17, 2010
New version

Changes in v2.0.0:
  • Added Ukrainian and Danish keyboards.
  • Russian localization (choose Russian in the regional formats).
  • Removed 'espacio' label from the space key.

Reactions: mytboss

hpinto

Dec 15, 2010
thank you again, i will appreciate more info about the change to european version of ROM please

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The program alters Spanish or German system keyboard into one of the supported languages (see the list), or extends English keyboard. That will allow you to write text in your language anywhere in Windows Phone 7.

Starting from version 3.0 the application registers the keyboards in the system. So they are available under their own language switch.

If your phone hangs and restarts after installing version 3.x, then read the following post: #321.

Supported languages:
    • Russian
    • Ukrainian
    • Danish
    • Norwegian
    • Swedish
    • Finnish
    • Polish
    • Romanian
    • Czech
    • Hungarian
    • Bulgarian
    • Estonian
    • Latvian
    • Lithuanian
    • Bosnian
    • Croatian
    • Slovenian
    • Serbian
    • Slovak
    • Greek
    • Portuguese
    • Turkish
    • Hebrew
    • Macedonian
    • Thai (thanks to varavut for the layout!)
    • Arabic
    • Persian (Farsi)
    • Georgian (no font support, just a layout!)
    • Mongolian
    • Icelandic
    I cannot test all keyboards personally. Please let me know if you find anything wrong in a keyboard layout.

Notes:
    • Use it on your own risk. In case of a problem, you might need to hard-reset your smartphone.
    • Your smartphone must be dev-unlocked: ChevronWP7 Unlocker, Tom XAP Installer.
    • The application supports Samsung, HTC and LG smartphones.
    • Version 3.x works on Samsung smartphones only. Other devices will be supported as soon as technically possible.

Versions 2.17+ support Mango. Imprortant: Your phone must be INTEROP-UNLOCKED to be able to run this application on Mango!

Changes in v2.21:
    • It works on Samsung phones with Mango now!
    • HTC COM-interfaces were updated to match the new libraries. It may fix compatibility with HTC phones on Mango.

Changes in v2.20:
    • New HTC libraries (extracted from Mango ROM). I hope it will fix the problem when the application cannot recognize an HTC phone.

Changes in v2.19:
    • Fixed alternative characters on Mango. (Note: this version is not compatible with older versions of OS anymore!)

Changes in v2.18:
    • Improved reporting of the initialization errors.

Changes in v2.17:
    • Experimental Mango support. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on Samsung devices yet. So I cannot test it on my Omnia 7. But it should work on HTC and LG devices. Please let me know whether it worked for you.
      Imprortant: Your phone must be INTEROP-UNLOCKED!
    • Fix: Some keyboard layouts referenced nonexistent RegistryPatch.xml file.

Changes in v3.3:
    • Greek: 7-bit layout can be installed side-by-side to the regular Greek layout.

Changes in v2.16:

Before upgrading to a new version of the application, use "Revert patch" function.
    I tried this, it worked like a charm on my pre-nodo Omnia7 until I restarted the phone. After restart when I tried to use the keyboard it just hung and the phone restarted. Also I wasn't able to undo it until I realized to uncheck the keyboard layout from Settings menu. I tried with Finnish keyboard, also tried with swedish but it had the same problem.

Did you try this? http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=13090631&postcount=269
    Now it's in place :)

v2.6.0 has a fix for Segoe WP font. It fixes Hebrew characters in the input boxes. Can you tell me where the Calibri is used?

calibri is for office mobile
    I have some problem with patching Farsi to my HD7. After applying the keyboard instead of Spanish, I got error which says,
    “Checking the current state… failed
    Current registry values do not correspond neither original nor patched state. This patch might be incompatible with your phone.”
    I have changed the Farsi layout in v2.11.0 to avoid this error.

For Farsi users: To revert changes made by v2.10.x use Override->Revert patch.

And after that every time I use the Farsi keyboard (ES keyboard) , words are separate from each other and do not connect to each other. For example when I want to type “سلام”, the phone shows “م ا ل س”.
    WP7 has incomplete support of this feature at the moment.

I also can't type these word: "گ" "ج" "ح" "چ"
    Press '->' key.

I also suggest to group similar words together like iOS. For example in iOS ج ح خ چ are from one catagory and every time we want to type them, we just hold the corresponding key (for example ح) and these letter shows up.
    You may send me a suggested layout. Look at the new Arabic layout as a reference.

1- I choose "Türk" (or others languages)
    2- I choose "Instead of Spanish" (or others options)
    3- I Apply the patch

After, (reboot or not) I have again the Spanish keyboard
    It seems the firmware on your HTC is too old. Try to update it. Or replace DMXMLCOM.dll in XAP file with the attached one.
    Hi, can you make czech keyboard if you get the specification of it?
    OK. I'll try to implement Czech keyboard, if it's possible.