[How-to] Getting Snapchat to login when its rooted. (10 Steps)

Search This thread

Reghar

Dec 21, 2016
So I recently searched and searched and followed many guides but nothing worked.
Although, I just replaced a few steps and got everything working.
Can even install Snapchat after Xposed.

Requires just a PC/Laptop/Mac
and of course your phone of choice.

Step 1: Download BlueStacks 2 Latest
Step 2: Download B.S Helper
Step 3: Install BlueStacks
Step 4: Install SnapChat on BlueStacks
Step 5: Login on BlueStacks SnapChat
Step 6: Open BS Helper and "Click Patch For Super X"
Step 7: Backup Snapchat with Titanium Backup
Step 8: Transfer Backup to Phone
Step 9: Restore Backup
Step 10: Enjoy!
Hope this helps someone who needs it before they hassle with uninstalling and reinstalling Roms/Xposed/Snap and all the other various things I wasted hours on!

After my 10 posts are up I will update with links

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Nice.
Once Snapchat is backed up with TiBu one should never have any problems after that.
I first backed up Snapchat in 2013. To this day I have never had to worry about logins. App has been restored, updated (to match Snapprefs mostly), backed up again (of course), and run on a slew of ROMs from JellyBean to Nougat.
Actually I don't have a clue as to what my login is. Backup is key.

LG G3 D851, SlimSaber LP ROM, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

gustden

Oct 19, 2010
Chicago
I recent upgraded phone's and restore from the TiBu still would not let me in. I'm thinking the backup version I used was from a too old of version.

I am using a systemless root + xposed on my phone. I was able to just overwrite the boot partition in twrp ( unroot ), login to snapchat, and restore the boot partition with the rooted version. It only takes about 2 minutes, assuming you make a backup of the boot partition from before you rooted.

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
@gustden, pretty good tip. Saved. Just in case my luck runs out.
There is one other thing. Not sure if it applies to Snapchat in particular, I always use the same device ID on all ROMs. Actually carried over from my old Samsung from a couple of years ago.

Some app data is tied to the device used when a backup was made. The Line app for instance. Long time ago I ran it on a ROM where I forgot to change the ID. Line detected a new device and gave me the hardest time. It even "threatened" to remove all existing data/chats/messages. I got it squared away after awhile but it was close.

I multiboot and run multiple ROMs and did not want that to happen on each.

But anyway, I wonder if Snapchat is somewhat similar. Restoring a backup on a new ROM but still having issues with logins.
I guess I can test that and see what happens.

LG G3 D851, Validus v13.5 ROM, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

flamingcat

Apr 15, 2016
Florida
There is one other thing. Not sure if it applies to Snapchat in particular, I always use the same device ID on all ROMs. Actually carried over from my old Samsung from a couple of years ago.

Some app data is tied to the device used when a backup was made. The Line app for instance. Long time ago I ran it on a ROM where I forgot to change the ID. Line detected a new device and gave me the hardest time. It even "threatened" to remove all existing data/chats/messages. I got it squared away after awhile but it was close.

But anyway, I wonder if Snapchat is somewhat similar. Restoring a backup on a new ROM but still having issues with logins.

Personal opinion - Magisk v11.1 with Systemless Xposed installed. All I have to do is toggle Xposed's switch, reboot, login to Snapchat, toggle Xposed on, then reboot. Takes about 3 minutes tops.

Reactions: zkmoh and marcdw

JDRL29

Feb 18, 2017
Thanks!

Wow thanks! You have no idea how many methods I tried trying to get snapchat to work before finding your solution.

vitali101

Mar 13, 2017
I followed original post, with some difficulty because BS Helper was a chore to find, but am wondering where the TiBu of Snapchat on Bluestacks is stored so I can transfer ans restore it on my phone.
Thanks!

BalariJR

Aug 4, 2016
I am having the same problem!! Where can I find the location of the TiBu back up?

Hey, I was in your position and used multiple methods from above to get it to work.

After backing up and getting root on the virtual thing, download fx file manager (or any) and go to sdcard/titaniumbackup and copy all three things for Snapchat from there.

After that, go to system/bstsharedfiles or something like that and paste it in there. Sorry I got the name incorrect, I'll correct it in the morning. After that, go to the drive you installed BlueStacks to, and open programdata (only visible if you show hidden files), then you go to Bluestacks​, then shared folder, then userdata, and then copy the backup files and transfer them in whichever way you prefer. I personally used Google drive and then used a file manager to take them from my downloads to the titaniumbackup folder in my sdcard directory, which then enables me to just open the app and restore.

I hope I helped, sorry if I got any information incorrect, it's quite late where I am and I'm not on my PC. Best of luck!

portard1

Apr 9, 2017
Hey, I was in your position and used multiple methods from above to get it to work.

After backing up and getting root on the virtual thing, download fx file manager (or any) and go to sdcard/titaniumbackup and copy all three things for Snapchat from there.

After that, go to system/bstsharedfiles or something like that and paste it in there. Sorry I got the name incorrect, I'll correct it in the morning. After that, go to the drive you installed BlueStacks to, and open programdata (only visible if you show hidden files), then you go to Bluestacks​, then shared folder, then userdata, and then copy the backup files and transfer them in whichever way you prefer. I personally used Google drive and then used a file manager to take them from my downloads to the titaniumbackup folder in my sdcard directory, which then enables me to just open the app and restore.

I hope I helped, sorry if I got any information incorrect, it's quite late where I am and I'm not on my PC. Best of luck!

no worries figured it out ty :)

Last edited:

noob456

Feb 14, 2012
Same description as in the original post a little bit extended by me:

01. download BlueStack2: https://bluestacks-app-player.en.uptodown.com/windows
02. download BlueStack Tweaker https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1ef6n6F8HSZdzhaZnVqeU1vd2s
03. install BlueStack2 (better on VirtualBox as it may contain some adware)
04. install Titanium Backup (from Google Store)
05. install ES File Explorer (can be from apk - option on the icon menu on the left in BlueStack)
05. install SnapChat on BlueStack (from Google Store)
06. login to SnapChat or create account, leave it logged on
07. in BS Helper root your BlueStack (tab Helpers, Root -> Patch)
08. backup SnapChat in Titanium Backup (it will say it's running if you want to close it - YES)
09. copy Titanium Backup backup files of Snapchat to PC
- copy them with ES File Explorer from folder TitaniumBackup to sdcard\windows\BstSharedFolder
- you will find them in Windows: C:\ProgramData\BlueStacks\UserData\SharedFolder
10. paste the files in your phone in folder TitaniumBackup (created by the program after its first run)
11. restore backup (SnapChat will be at the bottom of the list)

And thank you very much Reghar! I'm lucky I found this thread before trying very hard with Xposed or other various methods that would sweat me out probably. Although I want to try Xposed for other purposes one day. Do you know, will it ruin my currently working SnapChat after I flash it? And if so, I suppose restoring it from Titanium Backup again would solve the problem? Hmm? :)

Last edited:

jod944

May 29, 2017
Same description as in the original post a little bit extended by me:

01. download BlueStack2:
02. download BlueStack Tweaker
03. install BlueStack2 (better on VirtualBox as it may contain some adware)
04. install Titanium Backup (from Google Store)
05. install ES File Explorer (can be from apk - option on the icon menu on the left in BlueStack)
05. install SnapChat on BlueStack (from Google Store)
06. login to SnapChat or create account, leave it logged on
07. in BS Helper root your BlueStack (tab Helpers, Root -> Patch)
08. backup SnapChat in Titanium Backup (it will say it's running if you want to close it - YES)
09. copy Titanium Backup backup files of Snapchat to PC
- copy them with ES File Explorer from folder TitaniumBackup to sdcard\windows\BstSharedFolder
- you will find them in Windows: C:\ProgramData\BlueStacks\UserData\SharedFolder
10. paste the files in your phone in folder TitaniumBackup (created by the program after its first run)
11. restore backup (SnapChat will be at the bottom of the list)

And thank you very much Reghar! I'm lucky I found this thread before trying very hard with Xposed or other various methods that would sweat me out probably. Although I want to try Xposed for other purposes one day. Do you know, will it ruin my currently working SnapChat after I flash it? And if so, I suppose restoring it from Titanium Backup again would solve the problem? Hmm? :)

I tried this method and it resulted in Snapchat crashing immediately whenever I try to launch it. Now I unrooted my phone and uninstalled Xposed and Snapchat still won't let me log in.

BlackSalami

Feb 7, 2017
Thank you very much, OP. Works like charm. Maybe you should expand the part about transfering the backup done with Titanium Backup on the PC side with BlueStacks to the phone since I had to dig a little to find out. Basically you need to install a file explorer on BlueStacks, then move the Titanium Backup folder to the common folder between your computer and BlueStacks (/sdcard/windows/BstSharedFolder) in order to finally being able to transfer your file from your PC to your smartphone.

eng_saad

Dec 4, 2010
So I recently searched and searched and followed many guides but nothing worked.

Hope this helps someone who needs it before they hassle with uninstalling and reinstalling Roms/Xposed/Snap and all the other various things I wasted hours on!

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Personal opinion - Magisk v11.1 with Systemless Xposed installed. All I have to do is toggle Xposed's switch, reboot, login to Snapchat, toggle Xposed on, then reboot. Takes about 3 minutes tops.
    I followed original post, with some difficulty because BS Helper was a chore to find, but am wondering where the TiBu of Snapchat on Bluestacks is stored so I can transfer ans restore it on my phone.
    Thanks!

I am having the same problem!! Where can I find the location of the TiBu back up?