[PORT][3.22.x EBI1/32A]Cyanogenmod 5.0.8/6.1.0 DS EBI1/32A Port [December 8]

Search This thread

bcrook

Jun 16, 2009
Toronto
I was talking to riku about cm-updater and he said it would be possible to use it to push radix/bcrook port 32A with a json feed as an addon on it, so we could pull it like cm ROM, or any other theme.
what do u think bcrook ?

I was just thinking about that. We considered it when I was doing entire ROMs and decided against it. But now, with just the port file, it may be possible.

We can talk about it for sure.

+1, i quite often got lost signal, have to make airplane on then off to make signal back..

btw..@bcrook
how do you setup your partition?
i was using linux_swap and fat32 which is ext is removed by typing rm 2 in adb shell (tutorial on eugene thread, and with that kind of setup everything just fine, only those lost signal problem)..

and now using amonra recovery i repartition my sdcard, linux_swap 128 mb, ext 256 mb and the rest is fat 32, this setup seems fine (i believe app2sd is working), market download and install just works fine, but if i use ext = 512 mb i run into a lot problem when installing app from market (install failure)..also if i use ext = 0 then my magic always stuck on preparing sdcard checking for error after transfering file..

another question..
if we used this 3 partition and then doing a complete wipe, does nandroid backup will backup all app we have installed (app in ext partition)?

I only use a single fat32 partition, I dont think the 32As need the apps2sd or anything. My understanding is that nandroid backs up the on-phone partitions only (ie. /data, /system, etc). I believe BART backs up your ext partition as well.

Charrion

Oct 29, 2008
Prince George, BC
So you can now download new port files as a THEME using CM-Updater. Huge thanks to rikupw for helping with the .json file and trouble shooting.

Awesome work man, you are a scholar and a gentleman. Any chances you might be porting RA 1.4.0 recovery to EBI1? I tried flashing the regular one yesterday but it just hangs on the boot splash. Or is there some trick to this? So far the only recovery image I've managed to get to work since going with the EBI1 kernel and radio is the one downloaded by flashrec.

bcrook

Jun 16, 2009
Toronto
Awesome work man, you are a scholar and a gentleman. Any chances you might be porting RA 1.4.0 recovery to EBI1? I tried flashing the regular one yesterday but it just hangs on the boot splash. Or is there some trick to this? So far the only recovery image I've managed to get to work since going with the EBI1 kernel and radio is the one downloaded by flashrec.

Just wait for Amon_RA to port it. We are usually a week or two behind but it is coming.

bcrook

Jun 16, 2009
Toronto
Every time I try the Apply Now option, it reboots to recovery and installs the update.
Because the CM Updater stores all updates in /sdcard/cm-updates I can't get at them unless I move them to /sdcard/

You are right. This process may not work. I probably should've actually tried it...i was trying to avoid
a) Asking the cm-updater devs to make a port section or something
b) Making a full ported ROM (which I will not do).

If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

FernandoMiguel

Aug 16, 2009
London
FernandoMiguel.net
every time i change from 2G to 3G and vice versa I loose signal and have to enter in AirMode and back for it to work.

also WiFi will stop working after a while, when screen is dimed.
with 4.2.5 it would be ON for hours without any probs.

evilmerlin

Aug 24, 2009
I can't seem to update to the latest version of Google Maps when using this rom. Something about signing errors. Is there a solution to it?

walie

May 30, 2007
Here's a question thats been bugging me for a while

Do we 32a users need to setup and use compcache at all? If so, how do you go about setting it up?

jayozki

Sep 4, 2009
Shanghai
who can tell me the difference about CM-4.2.7 BFS and CM-4.2.7?

and Cyanogen updated 4.2.7.1...can i use this port for it?
thx~~~

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    bc-6.1.0-ebi1-signed.zip is not a ROM it is a port file. You need to flash the ROM then the port file. There is a link in the OP. Also, there is no need to rename it to update.zip anymore.