[TOOL] RenameAPK - batch-rename bizarrely-named APKs

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you have a slough of apk files with weird names like I do, this DOS tool is for you. It uses AAPT (included) to check an APK file's name and version, and renames your APK in a more human-readable format.

Example:
    pp170.apk --> PhotoShake Pro_1.7.0.apk

Installation
    Just unzip the file (RenameAPK.zip) to anywhere you like. All the required files are included.

Instructions: GUI
    I made RenameApkGUI in an attempt to create a nice tool that can be pinned to the start bar. (Right click on it, choose Pin To Taskbar.) Just like regular RenameAPK, you can drag multiple files to it. You can also open it and drag multiple files into it (this makes for an easier listing of the files you want to convert).

There are a couple caveats to it, however:
    • When pinned to the Taskbar, you can only drag one file at a time onto its icon.
    • When pinned to the Taskbar, and you wish to drag a file onto its icon, you must hold the Shift key.
    • Really, you might as well just open RenameAPK from the Start bar instead of trying to drag/drop to it.

Instructions: Command-line Tool
    You can run this tool through the command line, or by dragging one (or multiple!) .apk files to it.

To rename multiple files (just in case :p)
    • Select the FIRST file you want renamed (e.g. clicking on it)
    • Hold down the shift key
    • Use the mouse or arrow keys to define the END of your selection
    • Drag one of the selected files to renameapk-min.

To rename multiple files (just in case :p)
    • Select the FIRST file you want renamed (e.g. clicking on it)
    • Hold down the shift key
    • Use the mouse or arrow keys to define the END of your selection
    • Drag one of the selected files to renameapk-min.

Instructions: Developers
    If you want to borrow/change the code, feel free to do so. But also please remember to
    • Give credit to this me/this project (it's free, you don't even need to give me cookies)
    • Let me know what you did (it's cool to know)

Updates
    • RenameAPK v2: Added a GUI wrapper. Keep it in the same folder as the batch files and utilities, and everything should be all right.
    • Moved the excessive sourcecode files to a source folder.
    heres a nice how-to for the non dos/bat script savvy.

renameapkhowto.bmp
    Update to v2, thank goodness

Just released a GUI, which is able to be placed on the Taskbar, and you can drag files to it! (But only one file at a time, and only if you hold shift.)
    openwithrenameapkgui.png

You can also open the GUI, and you can drag files onto it to convert them.
    dragon_drop.jpg
    Just wondering, does this change the name of the app itself, or is this the same as right clicking and renaming on the computer?

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App