FORUMS

[KERNEL][N72013] franco.Kernel - r31 - 19th April - Nougat & Oreo

24,725 posts
Thanks Meter: 137,704
 
Post Reply Email Thread
26th October 2013, 02:10 PM |#601  
poondog's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 12,992
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannaoj

is the kernel for flo and deb the same here?

i cant seem to see any download for deb

thanks in advance

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...82&postcount=2

Same kernel works for both
The Following User Says Thank You to poondog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift poondog Ad-Free
26th October 2013, 03:15 PM |#602  
Senior Member
Flag Bountiful
Thanks Meter: 559
 
More
I'm getting looping force closing of com.android.phone after flashing Franco kernel on a self compiled AOKP build from yesterday. Anyone else?
26th October 2013, 03:47 PM |#603  
TheDarkDefender's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Reston, VA
Thanks Meter: 6,524
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeve4

I'm getting looping force closing of com.android.phone after flashing Franco kernel on a self compiled AOKP build from yesterday. Anyone else?

Me too. aokp includes changes from cm, which need a corresponding modification in the ramdisk of francos, or any other kernel using a custom ramdisk. Its just a few lines of code to be added, I'm gonna edit it and test now. Will post here if it works fine.

Sent from my Nexus 4
The Following User Says Thank You to TheDarkDefender For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheDarkDefender Ad-Free
26th October 2013, 04:35 PM |#604  
Senior Member
Flag Bountiful
Thanks Meter: 559
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkDefender

Me too. aokp includes changes from cm, which need a corresponding modification in the ramdisk of francos, or any other kernel using a custom ramdisk. Its just a few lines of code to be added, I'm gonna edit it and test now. Will post here if it works fine.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Why does AOKP use ANYTHING from CM for a nexus device!?!
26th October 2013, 05:51 PM |#605  
TheDarkDefender's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Reston, VA
Thanks Meter: 6,524
 
More
OK. So I modified franco's ramdisk ( just a single line edit ) to add compatibility with roms using upstream commits from cm ( Carbon, aokp... ). Tested working on aokp. Solves force closing of com.android.phone.
Download here... http://www.mediafire.com/download/sx...r3-patched.zip

thanks to @osm0sis for his nice ramdisk tool



@creeve4 no idea mate. that's something you have to ask the aokp team. Seems all roms ( except PA,omni) are cm dependent now.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheDarkDefender For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheDarkDefender Ad-Free
26th October 2013, 09:09 PM |#606  
zaclimon's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Montréal
Thanks Meter: 7,330
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkDefender

OK. So I modified franco's ramdisk ( just a single line edit ) to add compatibility with roms using upstream commits from cm ( Carbon, aokp... ). Tested working on aokp. Solves force closing of com.android.phone.
Download here... http://www.mediafire.com/download/sx...r3-patched.zip

thanks to @osm0sis for his nice ramdisk tool



@creeve4 no idea mate. that's something you have to ask the aokp team. Seems all roms ( except PA,omni) are cm dependent now.

Where I could have this tool osmosis made? I would like to add a line to add compatibility for new pac roms as well!

EDIT: Nvm I found it but looks like I need windows in order to use it...

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk
26th October 2013, 09:23 PM |#607  
kecinzer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Decin
Thanks Meter: 1,626
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeve4

Why does AOKP use ANYTHING from CM for a nexus device!?!

Because of better cdma support.
26th October 2013, 09:37 PM |#608  
Senior Member
Flag Bountiful
Thanks Meter: 559
 
More
Deleted, off topic
27th October 2013, 12:42 AM |#609  
Senior Member
Flag Bountiful
Thanks Meter: 559
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkDefender

OK. So I modified franco's ramdisk ( just a single line edit ) to add compatibility with roms using upstream commits from cm ( Carbon, aokp... ). Tested working on aokp. Solves force closing of com.android.phone.
Download here... http://www.mediafire.com/download/sx...r3-patched.zip

thanks to @osm0sis for his nice ramdisk tool



@creeve4 no idea mate. that's something you have to ask the aokp team. Seems all roms ( except PA,omni) are cm dependent now.

What change was required?
27th October 2013, 01:59 AM |#610  
notoriouspk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkDefender

OK. So I modified franco's ramdisk ( just a single line edit ) to add compatibility with roms using upstream commits from cm ( Carbon, aokp... ). Tested working on aokp. Solves force closing of com.android.phone.
Download here... http://www.mediafire.com/download/sx...r3-patched.zip

thanks to @osm0sis for his nice ramdisk tool



@creeve4 no idea mate. that's something you have to ask the aokp team. Seems all roms ( except PA,omni) are cm dependent now.

this works well with 25oct nightly working good thanks
27th October 2013, 04:39 AM |#611  
franciscofranco's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Carcavelos
Thanks Meter: 137,704
 
Donate to Me
More
r4
* Merge KEXEC patches to work with MultiRom from Tassadar
* Merge all the work on the Hotplug driver from Mako
* Merge all the work on the GPU governor from Mako
* Merge my latest touch boost implementation directly from Mako
* Disable AVS to allow for true undervolting (with AVS enabled it would regulate the voltages back to its default values internally)
* Enable Module support for TouchControl
* Should work fine with the latest PAC and Carbon rom nightlies
* Other misc changes available on github repo

I was hoping for 4.4 to hit earlier, so I was holding off this release, but I'm glad I did because I could merge my latest codes from Mako. Hope you like it!
The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes