[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Touch Recovery BL v6.0.3.6 English Version [16/09/2013]

Search This thread

Stickman89

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2007
Milton Keynes
So it's working on my ascend mate too.
Thank you stickman89.

Bootloader Version now available. Should hold the exact same compatibility with more functionality then the previous. See OP for instructions, it's been tested and KNOWN working. Enjoy guys, no need to go through the slow and painstaking stock recovery process now you can backup.

Stickman89

Apr 5, 2007
Milton Keynes
When rebooting from CWM Touch Recovery Bootloader Version ensure you select no when prompted - No, Yes and Go back. If you select yes it wipes the scripts required for this method to run meaning you will need to redo the CWM installation again. However option "No" retains those required files even on reboot from CWM.

Reactions: McIcke

Onecton

Mar 16, 2009
Many thanks sir!
Also confirming it works on my ascend mate.

Fire away ye custom ROM developers. Avast!

Srsly sir thank you!

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Stickman89

Stickman89

Apr 5, 2007
Milton Keynes
Many thanks sir!
Also confirming it works on my ascend mate.

Fire away ye custom ROM developers. Avast!

Srsly sir thank you!

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using xda app-developers app

No problem at all, thank you again for everyone's appreciation.

For those who have missed it I'm working on a MIUIv5 4.2.2 port and it's quite literally hanging on the last error. I'm seeking assistance with it since I've never come across it myself and there's only a handful who have. I know it's the last error because I've spent hours tackling a hoard of errors prior to this and now I'm as far as seeing the LED indicator lighting up which indicates the android system has initiated.

I've alerted a few MIUIAndroid staff hoping to get an answer, you can find my thread here: http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miuiv5-4-2-2-development-for-the-huawei-ascend-p6.22136/

Log:
Code:
E/AndroidRuntime( 9888): android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: Resource ID #0x6080005

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at android.content.res.Resources.getValue(Resources.java:1035)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at android.content.res.MiuiResources.getValue(MiuiResources.java:87)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at android.content.res.Resources.getInteger(Resources.java:842)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at com.android.internal.policy.impl.MiuiKeyguardUpdateMonitor$1.onChange(MiuiKeyguardUpdateMonitor.java:20)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at com.android.internal.policy.impl.MiuiKeyguardUpdateMonitor.<init>(MiuiKeyguardUpdateMonitor.java:30)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at com.android.internal.policy.impl.KeyguardViewMediator.<init>(KeyguardViewMediator.java:457)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at com.android.internal.policy.impl.MiuiKeyguardViewMediator.<init>(MiuiKeyguardViewMediator.java:19)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindowManager.init(PhoneWindowManager.java:1025)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at com.android.internal.policy.impl.MiuiPhoneWindowManager.init(MiuiPhoneWindowManager.java:120)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at com.android.server.wm.WindowManagerService$3.run(WindowManagerService.java:984)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at android.os.Handler$BlockingRunnable.run(Handler.java:745)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:725)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:60)

The error backtraces to .field public static final android_config_lowBatteryWarningLevel:I = 0x6080005 which is an integer and located within the MIUI framework. Strange that it should error about it seems as the integer does infact exist. Makes me wonder whether framework-miui-res.apk is being loaded at all.

Last edited:

balahu

Jul 9, 2010
Thanks man, cwm works fine !:good:
No.. restoring not good, cant mount system... , then process stops.
restoring from external...md5 check OK, then ersing boot, restoring boot OK, then restoring system..e:format_volume failed to unmount "/system" error while formatting system..
??

Last edited:

husen4u

Feb 17, 2012
Kuwait
Please Help Me I Am Not Able To Do Backup.
I Install Apk Then I Install Recovery From Apk Then In Recovery I Flashed Recovery Loader.

Did I Do Something Wrong??
Help Me i Really Need To Do Backup

Last edited:

cacash

Mar 1, 2007
I need help I installed everything and I tried to do a backup but does not seem to work I selected backup to external SD memory tells me the Free microsd then writes backup boot image appear 3 dots and remains so.
nuhw.jpg

How can I tell if it actually is doing the backup?

Appears only the written Baking up Boot Image followed by 3 dots

But it does not happen more even after 5 minutes

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
I need help I installed everything and I tried to do a backup but does not seem to work I selected backup to external SD memory tells me the Free microsd then writes backup boot image appear 3 dots and remains so.
nuhw.jpg

How can I tell if it actually is doing the backup?

Appears only the written Baking up Boot Image followed by 3 dots

But it does not happen more even after 5 minutes

Hi!
'
In my CWM non touch Recovery 6.0.3.7 you can make a backup.... but it not help you, becase you can not restore backup !
Restore Backup will not work , because we need to rewrite function for format and create /system partition !

Reactions: Hotfingers

Stickman89

Apr 5, 2007
Milton Keynes
Hi!
'
In my CWM non touch Recovery 6.0.3.7 you can make a backup.... but it not help you, becase you can not restore backup !
Restore Backup will not work , because we need to rewrite function for format and create /system partition !

It appears to be only an issue with restoring from a backup located on the internal SD card, simply copy your backed up filesystem to the identical folder structure on the external sd card and restore from there.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
It appears to be only an issue with restoring from a backup located on the internal SD card, simply copy your backed up filesystem to the identical folder structure on the external sd card and restore from there.

Hi !

Sorry, I tried a few times when I realized version 6.0.3.7 and restore not work even is located on external sdcard !

Restore from external sdcard - start well, but error occurs as soon as CWM Recovery try to manage /system partition !

Last edited:
Reactions: Hotfingers

jkmaxfli

May 6, 2012
Hi !

Sorry, I tried a few times when I realized version 6.0.3.7 and restore not work even is located on external sdcard !

Restore from external sdcard - start well, but error occurs as soon as CWM Recovery try to manage /system partition !

Has anyone solved the functional recovery ? Enough to miss it .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

z20s.png

ClockworkMod Version: v6.0.3.6

Finally we'd like to introduce a working English version of ClockworkMod Touch Recovery for the Ascend P6... You heard that correct, no more wearing out those precious HW buttons, and more importantly navigation just became much more easier.

Installation Instructions
    [INSTALLER VERSION]:

Code:
    1. Install provided [URL="http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2212747&d=1377443968"]TouchRecoveryInstaller-vX_X.apk[/URL]
    2. Launch "[B]Recovery Installer[/B]" from your homescreen.
    3. Select "[B]Install Recovery[/B]" and grant [B]ROOT[/B] access on prompt.
    4. Finally select "[B]Reboot into Recovery[/B]" to launch CWM.

[Please note when installing zip files you'll need to select "choose zip from external sdcard" within the "Install zip" sub menu]

Installation Instructions
    [BOOTLOADER VERSION]:

Code:
    1. Ensure you have Recovery Installer (above) installed beforehand.
    2. Copy [URL="http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2262551&d=1379370201"]TouchRecoveryLoader.zip[/URL] to  the root of your external sdcard
    3. Load the Recovery Installer and select "Reboot into Recovery" option 2. 
    4. Once CWM Touch has loaded install TouchRecoveryLoader.zip via external sd card.

Reboot your device, to get into CWM Touch Recovery Hold Volume Down when device LED flashes red.

Credits:

surdu_petru
    stickman89
    S34Qu4K3
    zhenaguo

FAQ:

Code:
    [B]Q. Upon rebooting from CWM Touch Recovery (Bootloader Version) I am unable to get back into recovery there on after (no more red LED indicator). How do I solve?[/B]
    A. When selecting "reboot system now" from CWM Touch Recovery (Bootloader Version) ensure you select [B]No[/B] when prompted (No, Yes - Disable recovery flash, Go Back) otherwise required scripts get removed meaning you'd need to repeat the installation.

[B]Q. I am unable to use Backup and Restore using this recovery.[/B]
    A. Backup and Restore has been realized and tested on the Bootloader Version of the recovery, please use this version to solve your issue.

[B]Q. Does the Bootloader Version wipe stock Recovery?[/B]
    A. No, it is simply side loaded on boot using the scripts created by surdu_petru.

[B]Q. Are there any Risks flashing TouchRecoveryLoader.zip?[/B]
    A. No, the method used is a variation of the Touch Recovery Installer but with the added boot time scripts to allow booting to Recovery without Software assistance. No risks are imposed solely on flashing this version alone.

Changelog:

Code:
    [B]16/09/2013[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]New Bootloader Version created by surdu_petru. Show your support, thank his work [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2446125"][B]here[/B][/URL].
    [*]Updated surdu_petru's loader to CWM Touch Recovery.
    [*]Working Backup and Restore
    [/LIST]
    [B]25/08/2013[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*][B]v1.01[/B] - Fixed "Can't mount /sdcard/" error - (Thanks [URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4704876"]reyncla[/URL])
    [/LIST]
    [B]24/08/2013[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*][B]v1.0[/B] - Initial Release ([B]CWM v6.0.3.6[/B])
    [/LIST]

Known Issues:

Code:
    [LIST]
    [*]Bugs Unknown, Please report on discovery.
    [/LIST]

z20s.png

Version 1.01 added...

Existing users will need to uninstall previous TouchRecoveryInstaller-vX_X.apk and follow the given installation instructions.

Installation Instructions:

Code:
    1. Install provided [URL="http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2212747&d=1377443968"]TouchRecoveryInstaller-vX_X.apk[/URL]
    2. Launch "[B]Recovery Installer[/B]" from your homescreen.
    3. Select "[B]Install Recovery[/B]" and grant [B]ROOT[/B] access on prompt.
    4. Finally select "[B]Reboot into Recovery[/B]" to launch CWM.

Changelog:

Code:
    [B]25/08/2013[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*][B]v1.01[/B] - Fixed "Can't mount /sdcard/" error - (Thanks [URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4704876"]reyncla[/URL])
    [/LIST]
    [B]24/08/2013[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*][B]v1.0[/B] - Initial Release ([B]CWM v6.0.3.6[/B])
    [/LIST]

Great job bro! :thumbup:
    Rom cooking started!
    Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using xda app-developers app
    Unistall app,reinstall,install recovery and launch recovery

Of course

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using xda app-developers app

S34Qu4K3 perform the following whilst in CWM:

Code:
    adb shell
    cd /sdcard/
    ls

Looks like our internal sdcard is mounted afterall. Boggled to as why CWM is unable to access it. I compiled TWRP last night successfully since it's been reported that some boot loaders have issues with CWM and internal sdcard. Yet to try it since it requires some modification to the existing scripts I.e. symlinking and copying of additional binaries.

I'll get ahold of you tonight for some more testing.