Search This thread

BIade

Apr 11, 2013
Cologne
on first attempt i got not enough space after "mka bacon" and 6 hours of time.
After resizing the linux partition, I did my 2nd attempt:
Got 5 errors after mka bacon,
then I tried it again and got the same 5 errors.
Now i did a "make clean" and then "mka bacon", I hope this was right...

EDIT: Still the same errors: :( Anyone got an idea?

These are the list lines of the output i get. Where can i find the log?
Code:
packages/apps/Settings/src/com/android/settings/cyanogenmod/ButtonSettings.java:418: cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable DEV_FORCE_SHOW_NAVBAR
                Settings.System.DEV_FORCE_SHOW_NAVBAR, 0) != 0);
                               ^
packages/apps/Settings/src/com/android/settings/cyanogenmod/SystemUiSettings.java:78: cannot find symbol
                    android.provider.Settings.System.DEV_FORCE_SHOW_NAVBAR, 0) == 1;
                                                    ^
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
5 errors
make: *** [/home/blade/cm11/out/target/common/obj/APPS/Settings_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar] Error 41
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
blade@blade-VGN-FW11E:~/cm11$

Last edited:

Erikson89

Dec 23, 2010
I have the same errors and think it is related to proguard.

Anyone an idea?

Tested with make 3.8 and make 4. (Java 1.6.0_45-b06; python 2.7.6)

Code:
ProGuard, version 4.4
Reading program jar [/home/erik/programming/cm11/out/target/common/obj/APPS/Exchange2_intermediates/classes.jar]
packages/apps/Settings/src/com/android/settings/cyanogenmod/ButtonSettings.java:144: cannot find symbol
symbol  : method needsNavigationBar()
                needsNavigationBar = wm.needsNavigationBar();
                                       ^
packages/apps/Settings/src/com/android/settings/cyanogenmod/ButtonSettings.java:348: cannot find symbol
                Settings.System.DEV_FORCE_SHOW_NAVBAR, enabled ? 1 : 0);
                               ^
[...]
5 errors

Edit: After repo sync it works!

Last edited:

marcomarinho

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2012
Porto
on first attempt i got not enough space after "mka bacon" and 6 hours of time.
After resizing the linux partition, I did my 2nd attempt:
Got 5 errors after mka bacon,
then I tried it again and got the same 5 errors.
Now i did a "make clean" and then "mka bacon", I hope this was right...

EDIT: Still the same errors: :( Anyone got an idea?

These are the list lines of the output i get. Where can i find the log?
Code:
packages/apps/Settings/src/com/android/settings/cyanogenmod/ButtonSettings.java:418: cannot find symbol
                Settings.System.DEV_FORCE_SHOW_NAVBAR, 0) != 0);
                               ^
packages/apps/Settings/src/com/android/settings/cyanogenmod/SystemUiSettings.java:78: cannot find symbol
                    android.provider.Settings.System.DEV_FORCE_SHOW_NAVBAR, 0) == 1;
                                                    ^
5 errors
make: *** [/home/blade/cm11/out/target/common/obj/APPS/Settings_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar] Error 41
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
blade@blade-VGN-FW11E:~/cm11$
Every time you had this errors just repo sync again, sometimes they're submitting new stuff and you don't get all. Just remeber, repo sync :highfive:

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
Every time you had this errors just repo sync again, sometimes they're submitting new stuff and you don't get all. Just remeber, repo sync :highfive:

I keep on getting an error status 9 meaning make was killed when I try to compile libwebviewchromium.so.... Do you mind sending me the libwebviewchromium.so file from CM11 and telling me how to use this instead of compiling it, in other words adding it as a prebuilt and pointing make to that instead?

marcomarinho

Aug 24, 2012
Porto
I keep on getting an error status 9 meaning make was killed when I try to compile libwebviewchromium.so.... Do you mind sending me the libwebviewchromium.so file from CM11 and telling me how to use this instead of compiling it, in other words adding it as a prebuilt and pointing make to that instead?
Like, you're getting that error while compiling CM11 or AOSPA?

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
Like, you're getting that error while compiling CM11 or AOSPA?

CM11, I gave up on AOSPA. It's because I only have 2GB of RAM, the make process kept getting killed. I just compiled and flashed CM11 without it, but I have no mobile network at all now. I doubt this is related, so I assume I need to wait for Flinny to update the source.

marcomarinho

Aug 24, 2012
Porto
CM11, I gave up on AOSPA. It's because I only have 2GB of RAM, the make process kept getting killed. I just compiled and flashed CM11 without it, but I have no mobile network at all now. I doubt this is related, so I assume I need to wait for Flinny to update the source.

I will look at this. Had you repo sync again? I'm a bit busy nowadays, I get problems with PAC-Man rom, I need to compile the CM11 first to see what I need to change. Back with news soon :victory:

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
I will look at this. Had you repo sync again? I'm a bit busy nowadays, I get problems with PAC-Man rom, I need to compile the CM11 first to see what I need to change. Back with news soon :victory:

Yeah, it's nothing to do with the source itself though, it's just my lowly laptop specs. The latest CM11 source compiles fine, but WiFi doesn't work unfortunately. I've sent Flinny a logcat.

guhl99

Aug 25, 2010

Hi.

The main problem with this is that the framework_base repository has been forked by Andromadus from the original CM repositories.
At the moment Flinny (and sometimes me) update the fork from the upstream CM repository only when we do a new build.
But as you are using the Andromadus repo manifest you are using also the Andromadus framwork_base (you have to otherwise it will not work on the Vision).

What happens is:
- CM added some functions to some package that also needs new functionality in framework_base (so they add it there)
- When you run repo sync you update the repository containing the package from CM but the framwork_base from Andromadus and this framework_base does not contain the things CM added to their copy of framework_base yet.
- When you try to build the package it fails because it will not find the symbols that should be somewhere in framework_base.

What can you do:
- if you are a git guru then you can manually add the cm framework_base repository as a new remote, fetch it and merge the cm-11.0 branch to your local branch (i do not go into detail here because if you do not know what that means you are not a git guru - but you might have a look at https://www.thinkthinkdo.com/trac/project1/wiki/github this might give you an idea)
- you could show up at the freenode IRC channel #andromadus and ask Flinny or me to update the repo
- you can look at https://github.com/Andromadus/android_frameworks_base from time to time and if the text above the file list says something like right now "Merge remote-tracking branch 'cyan/cm-11.0' into HEAD" - "Flinny authored 4 hours ago" this means that you should repo sync again and hope that currently everything is in sync as the last merge from upstream is only 4 hours ago

Have fun - Guhl

marcomarinho

Aug 24, 2012
Porto
Hi.

The main problem with this is that the framework_base repository has been forked by Andromadus from the original CM repositories.
At the moment Flinny (and sometimes me) update the fork from the upstream CM repository only when we do a new build.
But as you are using the Andromadus repo manifest you are using also the Andromadus framwork_base (you have to otherwise it will not work on the Vision).

What happens is:
- CM added some functions to some package that also needs new functionality in framework_base (so they add it there)
- When you run repo sync you update the repository containing the package from CM but the framwork_base from Andromadus and this framework_base does not contain the things CM added to their copy of framework_base yet.
- When you try to build the package it fails because it will not find the symbols that should be somewhere in framework_base.

What can you do:
- if you are a git guru then you can manually add the cm framework_base repository as a new remote, fetch it and merge the cm-11.0 branch to your local branch (i do not go into detail here because if you do not know what that means you are not a git guru - but you might have a look at https://www.thinkthinkdo.com/trac/project1/wiki/github this might give you an idea)
- you could show up at the freenode IRC channel #andromadus and ask Flinny or me to update the repo
- you can look at https://github.com/Andromadus/android_frameworks_base from time to time and if the text above the file list says something like right now "Merge remote-tracking branch 'cyan/cm-11.0' into HEAD" - "Flinny authored 4 hours ago" this means that you should repo sync again and hope that currently everything is in sync as the last merge from upstream is only 4 hours ago

Have fun - Guhl

Yes, that the big problem. It's a little difficult to build others roms because you need to adapt the sources to do not need so use Andromadus frameworks_base & av. As you know, almost every custom roms had her own frameworks_base & av, so I can't use the Andromadus one, I need to delete some stuff on device tree, and hope that works :p At the moment I had some problems with the builds, because I had bootloop (like in PAC-Man), I'm trying to fix, but don't know why, so I'm trying now to compile a CM11 rom w/o Andromadus frameworks repos, and will see if works. Compiling roms isn't so easy as seems, we need a lot of knowledge of our device and a little bit of compiling roms, work with the github. I already learn somethings, but I need to learn so much yet :good: We're always learning, non stop ;)

Thanks for the information,
Best Regards,
Marco Marinho :highfive:

DZmind

Apr 28, 2014
Hi everyone and sorry for interrupting the discussion about Kitkat-ROM tut, but I need your help with a softbrick-problem (thanks @demkantor for redirecting me to this thread)!

so basically I tried flashing PureKat and made a mistake by completely rebooting the device instead of starting OS after Aroma installer.

result:
- bootloop
- CWM 6.0.4.5 crashes after 2 seconds
- Factory Reset & Recovery in bootloader lead back to bootloop
- no access to sdcard via PC
- disabled USB debugging on previous ROM (Flinny's CM11 Alpha 5)

tried accessing the phone in developing mode (Volume up + Power), fastboot and adb (which of course doesn't work, so no logcat available :( )

Current bootloader screen:

VISION PVT SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-0.85.0005
MICROP-0425
RADIO-26.03.02.18_M3
eMMC-boot
Oct 11 2010, 20:10:38

just saw a previous post in this thread about hboot 0.84 being required, but how can I downgrade without any possible connection to the PC? Although there is HBOOT USB PLUG written, neither adb nor fastboot returns a device in cmd...

any help appreciated!!! Thanks in advance

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Hi @DZmind
Thanks for moving the conversation here, and thanks for giving us the background to hopefully diagnose the problem
Couple more questions, has adb and fastboot worked for you in the past? Do you have other PCs and USB cables to test, do you have another method such as external reader to load files on SD card? What os (win,Mac,Linux) are you using

You should theoretically be OK with your current bootloader, but yes moving to an engineering bootloader is preferred
Can you boot into fastboot mode and try some commands on PC and then copy and past input/output here, or even a screen shot
Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

PeterDZ

Apr 29, 2014
Greetings, I have the exact same problem as DZmind my phone constantly reboot, if anyone knows the solution, the phone is unusable :crying:

VISION PVT ENG S-OFF
HBOOT-0.84.2000 (PC1011000)
MICROP-0425
RADIO-26.03.02.18_M3
eMMC-boot
sep 8 2010,15:56:38

Last edited:

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Hi @PeterDZ
Can you give a little more detail on how this happened and what steps you have already take?
Also please look through the second post here about bricks, there will be a link with instruction on how to check if you have the 'bad' chip.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

PeterDZ

Apr 29, 2014
Firts, because I had an old CWM recovery 5.0.2.7 update it to the new 6.0.4.5. Then I downloaded rom PureKat and put it on the sd card. I entered the recovery and wipe data/factory reset, then I wipe cache partition, maybe I should not have to do that? Then I installed rom from sd card, when he finished in recovery I pressed reboot system now. When he reset appeared htc logo and starts to reboot itself after htc logo continuously until i remove the battery to stop. I do not know what to do I'm not an expert about android phone. Sorry if there are errors in the writing, I used a translator :)

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
No problem,
First step I would take is try to boot into recovery and perform a factory reset there, then flash a new ROM. If this doesn't work than I would use fastboot to wipe all partitions and flash a new recovery.
Can you get onto recovery? Does PC communicate with phone via fastboot or adb?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: PeterDZ

DZmind

Apr 28, 2014
adb and fastboot were working when I flashed another ROM about 1 month ago, but I haven't tried accessing since

I could try to use a friend's PC, but my current laptop is win7 professional and unfortunately I have no external reader...

A different USB cable made it possible to get a connection to the PC in fastboot now, so I tried to get hboot 0.84 and erase recovery to install 4ext
this is what it showed me:
softbrick.JPG

I put the phone into developing mode, hoping it could charge better than in bootloop, and now cmd is like this:
Softbrick_2.JPG

I guess it's because of that developing mode, but haven't found out how to get out of it yet :confused:
also checked the chip and it's Sandisk and working fine

Attachments

• softbrick.JPG
    softbrick.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Hi @DZmind
I assume by developing mode you are referring to bootloader? If so the phone won't change this way, only when powered off, in os, and in recovery will it charge. So please do this
Many fastboot commands aren't available to you as you have a shipped bootloader, do you recall how you first rooted your device?
In post thirty of my vision fastboot thread there is a PC10IMG.zip I made that will flash a new bootloader, recovery, and radio to your device, I only recommend it to those who used gfree to gain root (instruction in post 30 on how to check if you forgot) but others who haven't used gfree have reported it to work just fine still
Unfortunately you will need to get this onto your SD card somehow to be able to flash it, so either need to get into recovery or os to push it to sdcard or use an external card reader (another cell phone or camera could work too)
Its good to see you have the sandisk chip, this means more than likely you can get your phone back into working order.
So charge device, try to fastboot flash a new recovery and see if you can get it to boot into it. Then we should get you true radio s-off and an engineering bootloader, than you can flash all the ROMs you want and easily be able to recover from bootloops

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: DZmind

Top Liked Posts