Thanks Meter: 139

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph0enix.

xda

Just a update on my issue

Camera error
Can't connect to the camera

Same problem with using ultimate defy wiper, and manual wipe of /system,/data,/cache.

I believe the camera module has became faulty, even though I only installed CM10 2ndBoot over CM7 which was previously working.

The steps I've done to check,
Trying to revert to CM7
2ndBoot > format to ext3
twrp > full wipe /system,/data,/cache and install cm-7.2.0-jordan.zip
*twrp failed/crashed probably something to do with attempting to install superuser ontop of CM7

Boot into Bootloader (power + volume up)
flashed:
JRDNEM_U3_3.4.2_179-002_DEBLUR_SIGN_SIGNED_UCAJRDNEMARAB1B80AA03A.0R_P DS03C_UCAJRDNFRYORTCOREEU_P023_A008_HWp3_Service1F F.sbf

Strange thing with using the default firmware was that the camera preview was just black, and couldn't take a picture.

I did reflash sbf several times and installing CM7, CM10, CM10.1... still the same issue.

I haven't read of any camera module failing, if you have any other ideas that may help I'll give it a shot

Thanks

hi man once u wipe ur data partion with ext3 in bootmenu dont wipe it again in twrp it just formats it back to ext4
2nd August 2013, 03:59 PM |#17322  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh324

hi man once u wipe ur data partion with ext3 in bootmenu dont wipe it again in twrp it just formats it back to ext4

That's probably why it has crashed, thanks. Wanted to wipe cache and system properly, though this is useful to know. If only you could format this within twrp, but then again I had it crash twice......

Ah well, I spend several hours relearning to flash sbf. And just stuck with CM10 without camera for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by markokljuc

I get that error when I use Focal, and after that try to use Camera. Or vice versa. Just reboot and use one - either Focal or Camera, and you'll be fine.

I'm not sure what's Focal?

Will get to check for 'Focal' when I get hold of the device, thanks
2nd August 2013, 07:48 PM |#17323  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
any ideas of a fix for the youtube re boot issue?
3rd August 2013, 05:11 AM |#17324  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I've been using 130703 for a week without any major problem. Lagging sometimes but no reboot while playing videos (youtube or camera videos)
The Following User Says Thank You to ttld1oh1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ttld1oh1 Ad-Free
3rd August 2013, 06:41 PM |#17325  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey, I am using the 26.03 build and want to upgrade to the latest. How do I upgrade easily? Do I have to do the whole process of installing an ofiicial sbf and then installing this rom or just to flash the newer room over what I got? how does this work?
Thanks in advance.
3rd August 2013, 06:48 PM |#17326  
Flag Kasaragod, Kerala, India
Thanks Meter: 22

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdOfHermes

Hey, I am using the 26.03 build and want to upgrade to the latest. How do I upgrade easily? Do I have to do the whole process of installing an ofiicial sbf and then installing this rom or just to flash the newer room over what I got? how does this work?
Thanks in advance.

hey mate... u don't have to do the whole sbf thing for upgrading... just flash the latest build over ur current... nothing else...
3rd August 2013, 07:05 PM |#17327  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pints

any ideas of a fix for the youtube re boot issue?

Please use 3rd July 2013 rom, as it does not have youtube re-boot issue. Else, you need to replace a certain file as taught by Master Quarx some pages back. i'm not confident of doing it, so i use back to 3rd July build. Sorry if i OT.
4th August 2013, 01:47 AM |#17328  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:

Thanks in advance.

>Download the new rom
>Go to Custom Recovery
>Wipe Factory Reset
>Flash new rom and gapps
>Enjoy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lexer98 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lexer98 Ad-Free
4th August 2013, 05:52 PM |#17329  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemshi101

hey mate... u don't have to do the whole sbf thing for upgrading... just flash the latest build over ur current... nothing else...

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexer98

>Download the new rom
>Go to Custom Recovery
>Wipe Factory Reset
>Flash new rom and gapps
>Enjoy

Thank you as well.
I'll backup everything with either Titanium Backup or GO Backup (the cloud backup is a beast) and do it.
Does the new build contain Focal?
4th August 2013, 06:25 PM |#17330  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:

Thanks.

Thank you as well.
I'll backup everything with either Titanium Backup or GO Backup (the cloud backup is a beast) and do it.

No .. but i don't recomend that camera app is is unstable and flash 03/07, the last build has problems with youtube and video players with Hw accel
The Following User Says Thank You to lexer98 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lexer98 Ad-Free
4th August 2013, 06:56 PM |#17331  
Flag Kasaragod, Kerala, India
Thanks Meter: 22

Donate to Me
More
Angry
Quote:

Thanks.

Thank you as well.

Focal is available only on cm10.2 version... not the defy version... the original official cm10.2... cm team stated that they will only support focal on android 4.3 although unofficial builds can be made in 4.2 aka cm10.1 but nothing is said about cm10... so focal won't hit cm10 officially... the latest builds doesn't contain focal... hope it does... but anything can happen if quarx and other wonderful devs do something...
The Following User Says Thank You to jemshi101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jemshi101 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.1, cm10, cyanogen 10 for defy, defy cm10, defy rajnikant, defy+ mb526, eppy+quarkx= motorola rolled, future is here, god, jellybean, nicholas, omsk, quarx > chuck norris, quarx for world emperor, quarx gooood, quarx myth of defy!, quarx our defy deity, quarx rlz, quarx the chosen one, quarx thou...areth...god, quarxorola, singapore, take that motorola, winged doom, zee defy is the best

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)