[APP][2.1+] Rocket Player 2.0 Beta: Themes, Gestures and more

Search This thread

viki412ag

Mar 9, 2011
How can I backup a playlist from Rocket Player

Hi Everyone - My phone is badly in need or a factory reset and I don't want to lose the Playlists I've built up using Rocket Player. Any advice how I can back these up before I wipe the phone? I've tried an app called 'Playlist Backup' but it doesn't see my Rocket Player playlists, only system playlists, google play, and poweramp lists. For reference I'm using a stock Moto Razr Maxx HD (no root) and latest Rocket Player 2.4.0. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. :confused: Thanks!

ken2802

Aug 29, 2010
backup the app with helium or titanium backup, root is need trough i think.
other wise you could make a non root backup via adb backup –all –f c:\backup.ab

viki412ag

Mar 9, 2011

I wanted to root but due to the fact that I've accepted all the latest ota updates, the motochopper root method doesn't work for me anymore. My plan is to flash a slightly older stock ICS onto it once things are backup up, then root it and have my fun with it. But before I go there, I really need to my playlists backed up.

I've used adb for a few other things but I'm not familiar with many of the commands. Does "backup –all –f c:\backup.ab" backup the entire image of the phone or can I somehow specify what directory of file to backup, b/c i really only need those playlists. Also, I'm on Linux, not windows, but I'm sure I can figure out the slight differences in the command...

Thanks for your help! :)

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Ok, I found this reference for adb backup to just do a file or such... but where is the Rocket Player directory/files that store the playlists?

adb backup [-f <file>] [-apk|-noapk] [-shared|-noshared] [-all] [-system|nosystem] [<packages...>]

Thanks!

ken2802

Aug 29, 2010
I wanted to root but due to the fact that I've accepted all the latest ota updates, the motochopper root method doesn't work for me anymore. My plan is to flash a slightly older stock ICS onto it once things are backup up, then root it and have my fun with it. But before I go there, I really need to my playlists backed up.

I've used adb for a few other things but I'm not familiar with many of the commands. Does "backup –all –f c:\backup.ab" backup the entire image of the phone or can I somehow specify what directory of file to backup, b/c i really only need those playlists. Also, I'm on Linux, not windows, but I'm sure I can figure out the slight differences in the command...

Thanks for your help! :)

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Ok, I found this reference for adb backup to just do a file or such... but where is the Rocket Player directory/files that store the playlists?

adb backup [-f <file>] [-apk|-noapk] [-shared|-noshared] [-all] [-system|nosystem] [<packages...>]

Thanks!

maybe /data/data/com.rockplayer
on antoher note there is a folder called rockplayer on my sd card in there is another folder called playlist, maybe its inthere?

almizilero

Mar 10, 2011
After trying many music players rocket has become my favorite, so thanks for this great player!

But I have one minor problem with it. I have several albums with multiple artist on them. To all of these I have assigned an album artist. When I look at my album listing, the albums are sorted by the album artist, which is great.
But in the artist listing, each artist appears on its own. I see the value of this for some people, but I would very much prefer if only the album artist would be listed in the Artist tab.
Is this already possible and I just didn't find the option or would it be possible to include this in a future release?

bman3k

Jun 29, 2012
I have a fairly silly question, but I just can't seem to figure it out on my own.

How do I scroll through my songs by the letter? Scrolling normally just goes through them one by one, but if I have a couple hundred songs this can take a while. The music players I've used before always let me scroll by letters if I just made one long continuous motion to scroll.

I've done this a couple times in rocket player by accident, but I cannot figure out how to do it at will (I've tried googling and looking through its settings).

ddiehl

Feb 27, 2011
I have a fairly silly question, but I just can't seem to figure it out on my own.

How do I scroll through my songs by the letter? Scrolling normally just goes through them one by one, but if I have a couple hundred songs this can take a while. The music players I've used before always let me scroll by letters if I just made one long continuous motion to scroll.

I've done this a couple times in rocket player by accident, but I cannot figure out how to do it at will (I've tried googling and looking through its settings).

I'm having this exact same issue..

bman3k

Jun 29, 2012

*Bump* still having this issue :(

Nazgul1987

Jan 23, 2014
Loops after last song in the folder

Hi,
When the last song of the folders finishes, the first song in the list starts again. I am using the basic version.
Is this a settings issue? If so what is the solution.

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rocket Player 2.0 Beta: Themes, Gestures and more

As the developer of the iTunes to Android syncing application iSyncr as well as Android Music Player, I’m proud to bring the newest version of Rocket Player 2.0, my latest free Android music player, to XDA for beta testing! Version 2.0 is going to be exclusively beta tested on XDA because XDA users are passionate about great apps and making them better. I welcome constructive criticism and feedback to make Rocket Player what you want it to be.

New Features

• Personalize Rocket Player with purple and blue downloadable themes
    • Flip through your tracks faster than ever with new album art gesture support
    • Shuffle smarter with a new algorithm
    • Add a playlist to another playlist to save time
    • Save the “Now Playing” playlist as a new playlist to keep permanently
    • Customize your lockscreen with the new lockscreen widget (4.2+)
    Bug Fixes
    • Performance improvements
    • Fixed disc number tag editing issue
    • Folder back button is always visible now
    • Better bluetooth detection for a smoother auto start when auto starting with bluetooth connections
    • Fixed issues with playing songs from a file browser app

I am relying on the XDA community to help me out with this release to test these new features and give me the feedback I need to make this a badass release. (If you are new to Rocket Player, check out the existing features)

-Justin

Updated 5/3/2013
    Rocket Player 2.0 is now available for free in the Play Store

Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, Blog

device-2013-04-20-101852.png
    Hi. I use the current stable Rocket player release... its good.
    Great work.... :thumbup:
    :)
    Can you make the Play, FF and Reverse buttons flatter and more Holo-esque?
    And a bit smaller too?
    i LOVE that it's themeable!! this player rocks.
    Better than the 1.x series!

Cool, and I like the Chrome theme. One issue however, which was in the 1.7.2 release also. If I give a track a rating, like five stars, it throws it to the bottom of the track list. The only way I've succeeded in correcting this issue is to unrate the track, then I have to rename the folder and rescan my library.

In all other aspects, it's my favorite player on android.

Thanks,
    David
    :good:
    Great update!

I would like to request a new feature. In my iTunes library I have about 6,000 songs in 143 playlists and I use playlist folders to keep track of them all.
    When I sync my playlists the folder its self syncs as a whole new playlist with all of the songs from the other playlists in it instead of just being a folder for the other playlists.
    This makes it much harder for when I want to find a certain playlist because I have to scroll through a huge list of them instead of selecting from a few folders.

tl;dr add playlist folder support please :p