[UTIL] SPB Mobile Shell 3.0.1 [Tricks, Widgets, Themes, Other, FAQ, Config]

Search This thread

k1sr

Oct 27, 2008
Where do I find this user guide? I got my Mobile Shell 3.5 by downloading the cab file on spb's website (the same way I got every other version). I'm pretty sure I don't have a user's manual unless it automatically puts it on the device somewhere when you install it.

Also, just curious- does the manual say there is no way to create a text message or an email? Hopefully spb issues an update ASAP. This is a pretty basic and core function that is absolutely necessary on any smartphone. Heck, even a dumbphone should be able to create a text message.

The user manual is on the product page on their website - follow the menu options on the lefthand side...

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/uploads/user_manuals/Spb_Mobile_Shell_3.0_User_Manual.pdf

You can create text messages, etc. - it just uses the standard WM interface...

gsd17

Feb 16, 2008
San Jose
I've seen where the creator of that theme is working on updating "Sence" to work with 3.5. I think it will be out shortly. If you want it to work right now, install the earlier 3.0 (3.1?) version of Mobile Shell.

sweet i cant wait! I just tried installing it on spb3.5 and yeah none of the widgets load and some other display problems.

Gadget008

Jun 5, 2006
I installed your cab and when I went to my add widgets screen it was blank and I could not add any widgets to my screen. When I did a soft reboot it crashed SPB mobile shell, I had to roll back all the changes your cab file did. I am new to windows mobile and modifying it. I have Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 so it should of worked. If I missed anything please let me know.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
I installed your cab and when I went to my add widgets screen it was blank and I could not add any widgets to my screen. When I did a soft reboot it crashed SPB mobile shell, I had to roll back all the changes your cab file did. I am new to windows mobile and modifying it. I have Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 so it should of worked. If I missed anything please let me know.
Well first of all what cab did you install? Are you talking about spb mobile shell or something else? There are ALOT of cabs floating around this thread so you need to be alot more specific for anyone to be able to help you.

Give names of cabs with version numbers and what you did exactly to result in the error.

rootlinux

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 5, 2009
Cleveland
youtube.com
Hello All,

The Team MC present you

Sence The Revolution

This new theme containt more of 30 widgets

And one new page, Reading sms in Mobile Shell. This new page is available by Widget "Page SMS"

More infos and download:Here

For support, use the official thread. We speak french & English.

Thank you for not posting the file on another site without our permission, but you can post a link to the orginal post.

presentationsence.jpg

I am running MS3.5 and I un-installed it then re-installed it.
Followed these instructions

- To prevent any problems, we ask you to remove all spb ms3 and reinstall it
- install Mortscript 4.2
- install the Message2Reg.cab
- install the cab for your resolution
- and reset your device

I have the nice NEW menu launcher but no NEW widgets and the popup menus have not changed like the video.
Did get the NEW popup menus to appear once but still had no NEW widgets.

What am I doing wrong?

optical10

Jul 5, 2006
MS301 WidgetsProPlusUltimate

hello and can I begin by thanking you for your support forum on MS301 WidgetsProPlusUltimate_QVGA.cab. I have only just bought MS.3 and I am reluctant to upgrade to MS.3.5 on the principle that I will have to pay full price for the upgrade have to so short a time.

So when I saw your WarezI was intrigued and decided to install the above .cab so I could change the default professional view digital clock because I preferred the Diamond type digital clock.

However after successfully installing your MS301 WidgetsProPlusUltimate_QVGA I was unable to determine a method of accessing the install program so as to change the digital clock. Can you tell me the path to running your program once it is installed? Is it even possible to change the clock type in professional view? Is there a link to user guides for this product?

Once again thank you for your efforts with this program, where can I donate? Space thank you

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
hello and can I begin by thanking you for your support forum on MS301 WidgetsProPlusUltimate_QVGA.cab. I have only just bought MS.3 and I am reluctant to upgrade to MS.3.5 on the principle that I will have to pay full price for the upgrade have to so short a time.

So when I saw your WarezI was intrigued and decided to install the above .cab so I could change the default professional view digital clock because I preferred the Diamond type digital clock.

However after successfully installing your MS301 WidgetsProPlusUltimate_QVGA I was unable to determine a method of accessing the install program so as to change the digital clock. Can you tell me the path to running your program once it is installed? Is it even possible to change the clock type in professional view? Is there a link to user guides for this product?

Once again thank you for your efforts with this program, where can I donate? Space thank you
First of all its not warez as thats illegal :p

Secondly if you purchased a serial number for Mobile Shell 3.0.1 then you can download the cab for 3.5 from the spb website and upgrade for free as your serial number will still work with 3.5 :)

Once you have installed ProPlus Elegance you can add new widgets or change existing ones through the menu button (bottom right button). Just click menu, then add widget and select from any of the newly added widgets. You cannot however change the layour of the pro screen with 3.0.1 but you CAN change the layout of the pro screen and even add extra pages to it with 3.5 so if I was you I would go for the update :)

I support 3.5 also and am in the process of converting all my widgets to the new version. The Mobile Shell 3.5 support thread is *HERE* and the links to my Pro Plus versions are in my signature at the bottom of my message, along with a link to donate if you so wish :)

optical10

Jul 5, 2006
Thankz for the info, I've updated now & Ill give it a few weeks before I install any widgets. LOVING YOUR WORK. :)

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Thankz for the info, I've updated now & Ill give it a few weeks before I install any widgets. LOVING YOUR WORK. :)

Im releasing my complete widget conversion updates for ProPlus Elegance and Ultimate tonight which has all the old widgets apart from a few weather widgets as well as new widget variations from the new mobile shell 3.5. Its the most stable build I have made and has custom background images for the pro screen and all other screens.

I wouldnt bother waiting a few weeks if I was you ;)

See the links in my signature for the various versions :D

jurchek

Jul 27, 2009
Kranj
Hi! i'm using 3.5 & everything works except i don't have any indicator light on on/off button on my blackstone for sms. It works with unanswered calls but now with sms.

ElCroata

Nov 21, 2008
If you are interested in a signal level indicator like this

lifestyle.png

you can add the following code to your widget.xml or other custom widgets file:

<Plugin Name="Signal" Class="Spb.LSP.Operator" Skin="qa_operator" DoubleSkin="va_operator" MiddleSkin="ma_operator" BoldFont="n">
<DefaultFont Face="Tahoma" HeightPxl="8" Bold="y" Color="FFFFFF"/>
<BoundRect X="0" Y="0" Width="50" Height="48"/>
</Plugin>

and create the corresponding key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Spb Software House 2\Spb Mobile Shell\WidgetList\2\Signal with inside two strings:
Name "(Default)" Value "Signal Level"
Name "Str" Value "Signal:YourXMLWidgetFile"

There are, however two problems:
-This widget is placed ALWAYS on page 0 of your Lifestyle Panel (so if you place it on page 2 you will not be able to see it on that page, but it will appear on page 0) :(
-You cannot change its position in the usual way, but you have to change its coordinates in the xml file (see above red text) :(

The above values for size have been tested on a VGA device but they should work also for other resolutions.

If somebody has further informations to solve the mendioned problem (as well as the way to hide the operator name), please let me know.

Cheers.

is this compatible to mobile shell 3.5?

tigrisimo

Jan 7, 2009
link dont work anymore

hi there, thnx 4 the cab, but link no longer works, is possible to reupload please???

thnx in advance

WMLover212

Sep 14, 2009
Minneapolis
www.fanfiction.net
Hello guys.

I don't know if this has been out here before (or on other topics here).

I read here something about being able to switch between SPB and Manila 3D by creating a second Today screen and installing a toggle app.

I tried that but i kept getting lost with the instructions on how to do it, and i ended up with a non-working soft keys on the second Today screen (it's my bad really). So i decided to uninstall and undo everything.

I liked the switching idea so much that i tinkered with it more and came up with this solution.

On my Today screen, i remapped the left softkey so that I can launch TouchFlo M2D and remapped also the right softkey to launch SPB. No registry tweak, just a softkey remapping tool.

This way, I can switch between M2D and SPB3 anytime i want without deactivating one or the other. Sure, it takes some more storage space 'coz they are running at the same time but its not really an issue for me and it doesn't let the phone lag even a bit.

see attached pic....

Hello-

I have Spb Mobile Shell 3.5 installed on my TP2 on Sprint and found your posting here on how to switch between TouchFLO 3D 6.1 and the Shell. I have tried the "Second Today" registry deal and just can't get that to work out for me (somewhat limited on knowledge) and was wondering if you could tell me what remapping tool you used and a possible walkthrough on how to set it up. :)

Thanks a lot!

HiramAbif

Oct 29, 2009
This shell extension works perfectly on my 3.5 shell. I have been wanting to get rid of the extended weather and customize the carousel and this did the trick:)

Keep up the great work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry I know this post is old, but does anyone still have this full screen weather widget? I can't find the download link anywhere :(
    Try looking through the themes in post#6 of this thread. Im not sure whether its in there but its your best shot.

Mark.