[ROM][5-April] Sprint - HTC Arrive - Tango Port - Cooked Rom

Search This thread

mtstmp

Jun 23, 2008
This is basically a stock mango shipped rom with tango(7.10.8773.98) features added.

Not unlocked or customized in any way.

English, Sprint only rom.

You must have an unlocked bootloader to load this rom.

This will not overwrite your HSPL.

I plan on releasing a custom version, but this version will let you test the new features.

Warning: I am unsure what the Zune updatablilty will be with this version, so make sure you have a backup plan.

Warning: Flashing this rom is risky and may void your warranty, I am not responsible for any damage using this rom may cause.

Attachments

• link_to_v1.txt
    21 bytes · Views: 191
Last edited:

iEatRappers

Apr 28, 2011
Bronx, NY
If this is for the HTC Arrive nice.If you want a idea of what you should put look at the 7 pro roms so you can get a idea(like option to map what the search button does etc...)

Reactions: mtstmp

mtstmp

Jun 23, 2008
If this is for the HTC Arrive nice.If you want a idea of what you should put look at the 7 pro roms so you can get a idea(like option to map what the search button does etc...)

yeah it's for the arrive... i have a working port but it's from someone else's rom and I'd like to do my own. i have some ideas but wanted to get a feel for everyone's wants

Zero9930

Nov 16, 2009
Lincoln
If you can somehow find a way to kill the 160 character limit in SMS that would be very nice. I have spent hours searching through registry edits looking for the solution but haven't found it yet. That and have it come loaded with Bazaar please! :)

Reactions: mtstmp

Zero9930

Nov 16, 2009
Lincoln
You mean you can type more than 160 chars and it still sends?

Exactly that. HTC Arrive is the only WP7 phone that cannot go past the 160 character limit in SMS. But you can type up to 1000 characters in MMS I believe. Which some people do as a crude way of fixing it. But nonetheless it'd be great if you could figure out how to get rid of that 160 character limit :)

jaygriggs

Sep 19, 2007
Detroit Mi
Nice work!

Nice to see some development in the sprint arrive section!:D
Is there a nice backup app yet for unlocked wp7 devices that everyone is using?

mtstmp

Jun 23, 2008
im thinking a stock tango with the unlock, and then a loaded version with all the bells n whistles

IM0001

Jun 29, 2007
Yep, the only thing I need in a custom Arrive rom is Unlock and Tethering, I believe anything else is just fluff that may in a way break the rom in one way or another. I can do any of the Reg Tweeks I want myself. (BT Audio for Video and max quality mainly).

Unlike roms of the old Windows Mobile days, the stock OS works great out of the box, so messing with things outside of the device (especially one as unique as the CDMA devices now) is not a good idea IMO until things become more standard and tested. Sadly with such little interest in CDMA devices as of yet, we don't have a lot of experience to go off of yet.

(The WiFi issue with the DFT rom is annoying but bypassable. WiFi On, Cellular Data off, Reverse when needed.)

Last edited:

dandrayan

Jun 20, 2009
Gilbert, Arizona
Thanks for all of your hard work in creating this ROM! I was able to use it as a base for my first attempt at cooking my own WP7 ROMs. I got Internet Sharing and full unlock enabled, but the Sprint Zone app and the Marketplace both give me errors about not being able to connect and that apps cannot be installed for my carrier. Have you had any better luck adding features to yours?

dwellman

Jul 1, 2009
Yep, the only thing I need in a custom Arrive rom is Unlock and Tethering, I believe anything else is just fluff that may in a way break the rom in one way or another. I can do any of the Reg Tweeks I want myself. (BT Audio for Video and max quality mainly).
I agree.

Tethering is the mot important thing. This HTS T7575/Arrive is the first phone I've owned in 12 years (since I've started owning phones) that could not tether. It's sad. Sprint blames HTC. HTC blames Sprint. I''s actually Sprint, but c'mon. . . I digress.

My favorite ROM of the Windows Mobile days was this on http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp-d...om-6-5-x-23563-23138-21914-kitchen-clean.html

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is basically a stock mango shipped rom with tango(7.10.8773.98) features added.

Not unlocked or customized in any way.

English, Sprint only rom.

You must have an unlocked bootloader to load this rom.

This will not overwrite your HSPL.

I plan on releasing a custom version, but this version will let you test the new features.

Warning: I am unsure what the Zune updatablilty will be with this version, so make sure you have a backup plan.

Warning: Flashing this rom is risky and may void your warranty, I am not responsible for any damage using this rom may cause.
    If you can somehow find a way to kill the 160 character limit in SMS that would be very nice. I have spent hours searching through registry edits looking for the solution but haven't found it yet. That and have it come loaded with Bazaar please! :)
    The trophy doesn't have this problem and its a cdma wp7 device.
    I admit thats the biggest bs with this phone now.