[Q] Strange SGN2 screen issue (picture)

Search This thread

webdiddy

Aug 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
What the hell is going on here?
I am unable to feel it on the surface of the screen so I assume it's on the inside, from an angle it kinda looks like mercury with a slight metallic look to it.

No screen protector on, the phone has not been dropped.

Looking for some answers on what it could be and if it's fixable.

Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rynqqjsji6cy48u/IMG_20140510_113319.jpg

(look in the upper left corner)

SORRY DIDN'T KNOW I POSTED IN HARDWARE HACKING, COULD A MOD PLEASE MOVE THE THREAD TO THE CORRECT SECTION?

motoi_bogdan

Sep 8, 2007
hello,

amoled display assemblies, like the one you have in your phone, are made by fusing together the amoled screen itself and a protective gorilla glass panel. They use a special UV reactant glue to secure the bond in such a way that when looked from above the glass cover remains transparent and the glue layer is practically invisible.

What happened in your photo is ..well, kind of unfortunate. For some reasons, the glue between the glass and amoled panels got damaged/unglued. It doesn't feel to the hand since it's actually underneath that surface of the gorilla glass panel. Unfortunately, i don't know any user DIY way to solve this problem. For what i did encounter with amoled screens, this type of damage mostly occures when exposing the display to high temperatures. This - coupled with some manufacture defects in the targeted area, results in this kind of problems.
Normally in order to solve this problem, the phone would need to be sent for repairs and it would either be exposed to UV light to try to reglue the panels or have the gorilla glass removed, replaced and the glue reapplied.
Please take note that some repair centers don't have this type of UV equipment and may suggest a display module replacement altogether. That's very expensive, about the price of a second hand phone.

Reactions: webdiddy

webdiddy

Aug 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
hello,

amoled display assemblies, like the one you have in your phone, are made by fusing together the amoled screen itself and a protective gorilla glass panel. They use a special UV reactant glue to secure the bond in such a way that when looked from above the glass cover remains transparent and the glue layer is practically invisible.

What happened in your photo is ..well, kind of unfortunate. For some reasons, the glue between the glass and amoled panels got damaged/unglued. It doesn't feel to the hand since it's actually underneath that surface of the gorilla glass panel. Unfortunately, i don't know any user DIY way to solve this problem. For what i did encounter with amoled screens, this type of damage mostly occures when exposing the display to high temperatures. This - coupled with some manufacture defects in the targeted area, results in this kind of problems.
Normally in order to solve this problem, the phone would need to be sent for repairs and it would either be exposed to UV light to try to reglue the panels or have the gorilla glass removed, replaced and the glue reapplied.
Please take note that some repair centers don't have this type of UV equipment and may suggest a display module replacement altogether. That's very expensive, about the price of a second hand phone.

Thank you so much for that very informative reply! :good:
I hope that my warranty will cover this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello,