Chromecast youtube dropping out

Search This thread

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
From today morning YouTube app is not loading from the chrome cast. From mobile app, I am getting no network try again message.

I have a feeling that Google is going kill the device silently.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app
No problem from my tablet right now but earlier using Google Chrome had a problem finding the Google search page but a retry, it worked.

TheOrangeRemix

Apr 26, 2012
Has anyone had any luck in getting this to work? I still have the problem with YouTube freezing at around the 2:20 mark with Chromecast and have to adjust the slider again to resume the video. Tried rebooting the Chromecast from the app but still see the issue.

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
Has anyone had any luck in getting this to work? I still have the problem with YouTube freezing at around the 2:20 mark with Chromecast and have to adjust the slider again to resume the video. Tried rebooting the Chromecast from the app but still see the issue.
My mobile gets No Network all the time, not sure why.
But, I've played YouTube on Chromecast for 10+ minutes at a time, without requiring manual intervention.

Asphyx

Dec 19, 2007
Android Wear
Google Pixel Watch

I've seen that happen on my PC Chrome as well....Only certain streams and only at sporadic times.
Since CCast relies on Chrome for the most part perhaps this is a bug in chrome they haven't found yet?

nook'r

Dec 8, 2010
Well, I am having similar problems:

1- I got black screen after pressing on the CC icon from youtube
2- Black screen from the Chrome browser when casting an mp4 video or a tab
3- Youtube gets stuck on loading circle, I have to replay the clip over and over until it works
4- this is the worst - video can not play on this device!!!!!!

seriously?!!! its the same clip that i played few days ago from my playlist

rebooting, resetting the device or reinstalling the apk doesn't help

v13xxx didnt have none of this problems but with the new update v14xxx i am hesitate to play anything as i dont have time for more agrevations with a loyal device for the last few months.

Google, you needs to get your act together, its not about the amount of load of apps that are compatible with your CC is about how well they play on your Cast.

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
YouTube seems to be getting bi-weekly updates at this point, probably to address Chromecast-related issues.
If you have automatic update turned on, I recommend turning it off and stick with the version you know works until the dust settles.

Aug 2, 2008
YouTube seems to be getting bi-weekly updates at this point, probably to address Chromecast-related issues.
If you have automatic update turned on, I recommend turning it off and stick with the version you know works until the dust settles.

I'm getting the same issues. I don't think this is a Youtube problem, rather a problem with the unit itself since other Chromecast apps are doing this too.

kapustowicz

Jun 1, 2010
Wrocław
I'm getting the same issues. I don't think this is a Youtube problem, rather a problem with the unit itself since other Chromecast apps are doing this too.

I have the same problem. It affects YOUTUBE (no matter if if play it from Nexus 5, other android rooted or stock, or laptop PC).
It always start and restart the Chromcast. It doesn`t affect all youtube casts, but all with official music video. No matter if material is runing with full HD or lower resolution, but I suppose it happened always when the chromecast automatically change resolution to higher.

My question is, what HDMI standard you have in your TV display?
I have Samsung LE46A756 - It support only HDMI 1.3c.
Could it be related to DHCP, maybe Chromecast restart to protect HDCP content.
Everything work fine when I connect Chromecast to Samsung C27B750X! This is evidently associated with the display!, not with power source, chromecast device, router/network settings, region.

Chromecast with Eureka ROM 14975.002, but problem has started since November.

Last edited:

xcaliber42

Mar 8, 2014
Chromecast not playing Youtube

I'm still having problems too, no sound and stuttering video. I have two Chromecasts and they both do it. I'm in the UK though. I'm glad it snot just me, but slightly concerned yours all seem to be working now and mine doesn't :(

Everything else works fine.

My Chromecast has just started doing this, this morning!? Can't understand it because it's worked fine for a week, with the same videos.
Is yours working now?
Im in UK too.. http://xdaforums.com/images/icons/icon6.gif