Getting Nexus One ADB/USB Mount working (Driver)

Search This thread

Maave

Nov 3, 2010
Thanks man. Works sweet on XP Pro 32-bit for my Dream.

An odd side-effect was that for some reason My Computer didn't group. I'd link a screenshot but my post count is too low.
A simple right click - Arrange Icons By > Show Groups fixed it.

Gazzz

Mar 25, 2006
Melbourne
Thankyou mate, that has worked perfectly (I have only read the first page). Nexus one on win 7 64 bit, after SDK 2.3.3 download.

Many, many thanks.

Don't forget to enable USB debugging and restart your pc's people.

GnatGoSplat

Apr 29, 2007
No mass storage

I was able to successfully install the Android Composite ADB Interface on Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I can adb into my phone just fine. However, turning USB Storage on results in a Mass Storage device with this error:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

Device details are:
USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E12&REV_0227&MI_00
USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E12&MI_00

When I point Windows to the drivers folder, I get "Windows could not find driver software for your device." I could not find any generic "USB Mass Storage Device" drivers anywhere when I choose "Let me pick from a list of devices on my computer".

I've tried changing USB cables and even tried this on two different N1s with the same result. Every other Android phone automatically loads the Mass Storage driver. Any ideas?

UPDATE: Just tried connecting my N1 to a Windows XP VM in VMware Player and drivers and USB Mass Storage Device driver installed just fine! How do I fix this in Win7 x64?

Last edited:

danger-rat

Feb 14, 2010
USA
USB storage and ADB are two separate drivers. For USB storage, let Windows find the drivers on the internet...

psy3ga

Oct 29, 2011
I might be wrong on this, but I'm pretty certain that fastboot.exe applies to fastboot mode, and adb applies to non-fastboot mode. i.e., you can use adb when you're in recovery mode or with the phone fully up and running, but not when you're booted into fastboot.

it really works!!thanks a lot!

yuval_jfs

May 25, 2012
what if when I plug my Nexus one it recognise it as "unknown device"?

I know that the "unknown device" is the N1 because it appeared when I pluged in the N1, and disappeared when i unpluged it.

I have tried to install the driver for this as it is "unknown device" but it didn't let me.

what should I do?

anadem

Feb 1, 2011
where's a USB driver now? aka HELP please

Adb cannot see my N1, although fastboot and regular USB connection to the SD card both work fine. How can I make adb see the phone? I've tried and tried but must be missing something. Is the Nexus One too old for adb?

The link in the OP doesn't get a driver now (just gets an XML file saying access denied), and the SDK "adt-bundle-windows-x86_64.zip" I've downloaded from Google today doesn't have any USB drivers either. Cyanogenmod's wiki "Howto: Install the Android SDK" links to an INF file only with no actual driver. :(

anadem

Feb 1, 2011
Success - ADB working OK with USB drivers installed

Adb cannot see my N1, although fastboot and regular USB connection to the SD card both work fine. How can I make adb see the phone? I've tried and tried but must be missing something. Is the Nexus One too old for adb?

The link in the OP doesn't get a driver now (just gets an XML file saying access denied), and the SDK "adt-bundle-windows-x86_64.zip" I've downloaded from Google today doesn't have any USB drivers either. Cyanogenmod's wiki "Howto: Install the Android SDK" links to an INF file only with no actual driver. :(

found the answer:
Ran the SDK Manager (by running adt-bundle-windows\sdk\tools\android.bat)
Checked the box for Extras/Google USB Driver
- the SDK Manager downloaded the files, and shows status as "Installed" but they are not installed in Windows yet

Followed the instructions at developer.android.com/tools/extras/oem-usb.html#InstallingDriver
- used Windows Device Manager to install Google's USB drivers successfully

Now adb sees my Nexus One:

C:\adt-bundle-windows\sdk> adb devices
List of devices attached
HT9CTP817518 device

YES! :D

(Though as it turned out, I used Amon-RA recovery to flash CyanogenMod so did not need adb :eek:)

mark.m.moran

Mar 2, 2010
Dublin
found the answer:
Ran the SDK Manager (by running adt-bundle-windows\sdk\tools\android.bat)
Checked the box for Extras/Google USB Driver
- the SDK Manager downloaded the files, and shows status as "Installed" but they are not installed in Windows yet

Followed the instructions at developer.android.com/tools/extras/oem-usb.html#InstallingDriver
- used Windows Device Manager to install Google's USB drivers successfully

Now adb sees my Nexus One:

C:\adt-bundle-windows\sdk> adb devices
List of devices attached
HT9CTP817518 device

YES! :D

(Though as it turned out, I used Amon-RA recovery to flash CyanogenMod so did not need adb :eek:)

Hey all, trying to get my Windows XP machine to pick up my Nexus one but not having any luck. What would you recommend?

Cheers,
M

anadem

Feb 1, 2011
> trying to get my Windows XP machine to pick up my Nexus one but not having any luck

check that XP has loaded the drivers OK. this is the step i was missing at first
to check: right-click My Computer, click Properties, click Hardware, click Device Manager, click View / Show Hidden Devices

I don't have XP set up for Nexus so can't tell you exactly what to look for, but the device driver should be listed - without the device driver you won't be able to connect
hth
fred

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download This file and extract.

hit Windows Key + r

Type in devmgmt.msc

right click on nexus one

click update

update from location on computer.

select that folder.

---------------Notes-------------
    Be sure to enable debugging on your phone via Settings>Applications>Devlopment>USB debugging.

Confirmed working on:

Win 7 Ultimate x64/x86
    Win 7 Home Edition x86?
    Win Vista
    XP Home x86
    XP Pro x64/x86