Getting Nexus One ADB/USB Mount working (Driver)

Search This thread

Ssantos6981

Oct 17, 2006
Yonkers
nexus wont mount on my xp 32bit after i rooted it for some reason.. i tried these drivers and no bueno.. any suggestions?

did you have adb with the G1? If so, that was causing my problem. You have to delete the adb files associated with the G1. At least that was my problem on vista. Once I deleted those files, adb-windows "insert command here" worked like a charm.

Hope this helps.

fataldeath44

Dec 28, 2007
i am having trouble connection getting adb working, i put my phone in bootloader mode on fast boot, but when i am typing adb remount it says that device not found. i am using windows 7 ultimate 32bit. please help me. thanks

Swervo

Jul 24, 2008
i am having trouble connection getting adb working, i put my phone in bootloader mode on fast boot, but when i am typing adb remount it says that device not found. i am using windows 7 ultimate 32bit. please help me. thanks

I might be wrong on this, but I'm pretty certain that fastboot.exe applies to fastboot mode, and adb applies to non-fastboot mode. i.e., you can use adb when you're in recovery mode or with the phone fully up and running, but not when you're booted into fastboot.

Breakthecycle2

Jun 7, 2009
NJ
Can anyone help figure out why the Nexus One is not being recognized? I have Cyanogen's add on and Modacos 1.2 rom installed.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\DamianV>adb remount
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found

C:\Users\DamianV>

jdubdieslo

Sep 24, 2009
Austin, Texas
did you have adb with the G1? If so, that was causing my problem. You have to delete the adb files associated with the G1. At least that was my problem on vista. Once I deleted those files, adb-windows "insert command here" worked like a charm.

Hope this helps.

Do you mean the enivornment variables? the abd one or where do you delete what you are talking about? yes i did have the abd working for my mytouch before i lost it.. i deleted that sdk with usb driver to download the new sdk because thats how i thought it worked. since then and device i root from now on and hook up to my cp wont let me mount sd untill its unrooted.. works on all other computers and ps3's just not my cp.. weird... help please lol.

britoso

Jan 13, 2010
Orlando
I had an issue where all drivers appeared to be installed, but even after restarting "adb devices" and "adb remount" did not succeed.

What worked for me was to uncheck "usb debugging" and re-select it while the device is connected via USB.
Immediately Windows detected the "ADB composite ADB Interface" device and I pointed it at the files from the original poster...all works now.

Note: This is the exact same driver you would get if you download/update the Android SDK. I updated my SDK yesterday and the byte sizes match up to the byte.

eighty1

Apr 8, 2009
Atlanta
Not sure if I should ask this here. I did what the directions say and all seemed to be working fine. The next thing I did was try and unlock my bootloader with fast boot and received this message "This application has failed to start because AdbWinApi.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem". Does this have anything to do with the drivers I installed or has something possibly erased it. Not sure really if this is where I should post for help. I am new to Android and have it for a day but m eager to get going. Thank you

piggie916

Nov 8, 2009
I am so frustrated..

I have been in and out of every post/thread/topic in this forum. Tried EVERY driver/fix there is. I am still unable to have my computer properly recognize my nexus one. Works fine with my girlfriends droid and my Mt3g, newest USB drivers installed.

I even went so far as updating from windows xp to windows 7 Ultimate 32bit. No change what so ever.

At a brick wall... smashing my head against it.. Is there any other options?

Breakthecycle2

Jun 7, 2009
NJ
I am so frustrated..

I have been in and out of every post/thread/topic in this forum. Tried EVERY driver/fix there is. I am still unable to have my computer properly recognize my nexus one. Works fine with my girlfriends droid and my Mt3g, newest USB drivers installed.

I even went so far as updating from windows xp to windows 7 Ultimate 32bit. No change what so ever.

At a brick wall... smashing my head against it.. Is there any other options?

I finally got mine to work. Did you uninstall the drivers and then reinstall?

eighty1

Apr 8, 2009
Atlanta
Just uninstalled my drivers and re-installed them stiil didnt let me run the fastboot. I dont know if I have followed the correct steps to do what I need to do or not but my drivers were installed successfully and my cpu recognizes my phone. But after that I try and go into my storage card from cpu and it will not allow me does that have anythin to do with this?

piggie916

Nov 8, 2009
The only way i installed the drivers was putting my girls droid in and installing the drivers. When ever i have my nexus one in and i try to install them it just keeps saying that the drivers are up to date and there is no reason to update.

This whole thing is a huge mess...

Btw, When i load AndroidSDK on my computer it just loads a command prompt then closes instantly? Tried every compatibility mode, nothing.. worked 3 hours ago on xp.

jdubdieslo

Sep 24, 2009
Austin, Texas
The only way i installed the drivers was putting my girls droid in and installing the drivers. When ever i have my nexus one in and i try to install them it just keeps saying that the drivers are up to date and there is no reason to update.

This whole thing is a huge mess...

Btw, When i load AndroidSDK on my computer it just loads a command prompt then closes instantly? Tried every compatibility mode, nothing.. worked 3 hours ago on xp.

I second this.. same issue on my side.. i have windows xp.. and same issue with android sdk.. i follow the steps from the developer site and im stuck on click on android sdk because cammnd prompt closes.. since i cant get past that step i cant download the usb drivers/... help...

piggie916

Nov 8, 2009
Ok... I have been through complete hell today... All for nothing.

So, after upgrading to windows 7, pulling my hair out for hours, installing driver after driver...It turns out that a USB extention cable was the problem.. Plugged it directly into my computer and it worked, GO FIGURE!!

So to people having this problem, try plugging directly in, no USB hubs or extenders!

I hope this helps somebody down the road.

Ohh, rooted my nexus also! :p

Last edited:

kroosh

Jan 13, 2009
finally it worked for me! had to download the new sdk for windows and ran adb from there & worked like charm....

d1mbu1b

Jan 25, 2010
Ok... I have been through complete hell today... All for nothing.

I had the same type of problem different solution...

Platform:
Windows Xp SP3 to Nexus one android

Problem:
fastboot-windows devices works; device driver succesfully loads and apearrs as Andriod Composite ADB Interface in the device manager. should work right... nope

Solution:
after several iterations using the correct driver. here is what finally worked for me. magic
1) allow android SDK to download driver
run android-sdk-windows/tools/android.bat
select the latest usb-driver, revision 3
2) in the device manager i selected properties for the android device bridge.
In the driver tab selected "Uninstall" and allowed the XP to reboot.
3) once shutdown, unplugged N1
waited (and waited) for XP to come up
4) plugged N1 back in
installed driver by selecting 'browse'
browse to the android-sdk-windows directory and select the usb_driver folder
5) start->run->cmd
run> adb devices
I also have the android-sdk-windows/tools in my path just to be safe.
6) pray

Driver info:
8/11/2009
not sure why its called rev 3 when not reflected in driver info

djn541

Oct 2, 2009
Aurora, Co
fitsnugly.euroskank.com
OK I know this is weird. ...I tried to download the op driver and it completely crashed my computer. ..would not boot...had to reinstall my OS???? Thoughts?
BTW...I haven't updated my sig have a rooted nexus....wtf?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download This file and extract.

hit Windows Key + r

Type in devmgmt.msc

right click on nexus one

click update

update from location on computer.

select that folder.

---------------Notes-------------
    Be sure to enable debugging on your phone via Settings>Applications>Devlopment>USB debugging.

Confirmed working on:

Win 7 Ultimate x64/x86
    Win 7 Home Edition x86?
    Win Vista
    XP Home x86
    XP Pro x64/x86