[THEMES] Official theme thread for Zeus Total Reign(Z-TR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

k_abydos

Sep 28, 2011
I absolutely love ZTR, it is stunningly beautiful and wonderfully smooth, so major thanks and props to dman and fezzy.

I have 2 quick questions, and im a noob so please bear with:

What are the toggles?

Is there any way to get the incoming/outgoing text messages to display in different colors?

Once again, thank you dman and fezzy because this thing is just beautiful and oh so much fun!

NunHugger

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2009
Des Moines, IA
I am going to have to agree that the criticism of the themes gets old. Believe it or not, there are many themes that are not my cup of tea, but as someone who creates themes, I understand the amount of time and love that is involved with making a theme...and would never publicly flog a theme that does not meet my aesthetic principles. I do think that any good theme knows that aesthetics its a personal choice and not every theme can please every ones eye. But...we create themes for ourselves. At least I do. I please myself first (insert middle school humor here) then I share with the community. The community has the choice whether or not they use it. I don't really need to hear from every user who does not like it. Don't like it...don't use it. You do have choice. There are several roms on our forums that provide adequate options when it comes to themes. Surely you can find one that fits your visual needs. Sure, maybe the room you choose might not have all the features that others might have, but that's the choice you as the consumer, of free goods mind you, has to make. I am sure there are going to be users who create themes for this rom. There will also be developers who try to integrate these ground breaking options into their roms.

As far as creating stock, then theming, that's a great idea. But add ons, tweaks, and other stuff come through out the life of the creation of a rom, preteen times after theming is done. Doing all this work twice is just not desirable for me.

Last edited:

ppalbicke

Dec 14, 2010
Chicago
Regarding the criticism of the ZTR theme... I dunno... I kind of wish that ROM devs made it standard practice to release their ROM unthemed, and then give users the OPTION to flash their theme of choice on top of it. Same applies to other polarizing stuff like Beats Audio vs. Voodoo Sound.

The earlier releases of Zeus did it this way. I'm still running one of the 5.x Zeus releases for this reason.

That's kind of like requesting that the person who brings in donuts for everyone on their $ do it to your preference. Please remember all dev and themers do something they are good at and like and are sharing. Anyone that does not care for it does not have to take the freebie. Trying not to rant but keeping courteous to those that put in the time. Takes us weeks or months to give you something, and only minutes for you to flash.

Sorry D did not mean to to that.

Edit:Nun obviously had the same thought

Sent from an Emancipated Infuse bleeding Orange

Last edited:

Mushroom.

Oct 28, 2011
We need something professional looking. Something that won't make me feel like a putz if I pull out my phone in front of a VP in a board meeting. Grown up. No cartoon characters. No logos.

Readable text that contrasts against the background.

No overly-busy textures. Simple icons, subtle gradients & a matching, partially transparent pulldown menu.

THIS.

I think everyone's taking a little too much offense here.

I respect Fezzy and the immense amount of work it must have taken to theme such a large base, but that doesn't mean everyone is going to like it.
It's like an iPhone; huge amounts of talent and work went into designing and building it, and it looks awesome, but yet, the Android community is thriving.

People have different tastes. That's why I'm learning to theme, so I can take the great features of a ROM like Zeus TR, and have it look the way I want.

Last edited:

Bubonic78

Feb 7, 2012
Garland
Can we get this cleaned up and back on Subject.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium if I cared about everyones 2 cents I'd be a millionaire.

Bubba

Dec 31, 2011
Hell ( I've taken over. Come on down.)
It amazes me ... people have filled pages with anticipation of the release of ZTR. Now that it is here it's all about "can I change this or that" and "I don't like the way this or that works".
How fickle we are. Sure ... change what ever you want. Good luck.
If you don't like something have respect .... be polite. These roms that are given to us ... FREE ..as pointed out are the children of these dev's and themers. I you friend has a child that may not appeal to your eye ... do you tell him? Hopefully we are all better than that. What if this was your pride and joy? Would you want someone telling you how to do what you know and love?
Lastly ... I now have a greater respect for dman. He ... as far as I see ... has handled all the ranting with great composure thus far. Good for you dman. He never had to make this rom ... nor does he have to leave it accesable to the community.
You poke a bear with a stick ...

Thank you to any and all involved in developing and theming ANY of these roms.

End of MY rant

Revelators Mount Up
BubbaJoe Redneck Revelator
{Outlaw Emancipation}

chinefoo

Nov 9, 2011
Uggg esh hay id like more themes and so on also but 1, dunno how to add 2, happy i have what i have, 3, if i didnt like i would not post. 4, now i know why dman locked the ztr thread and no longer has desire to work on zeus.

All i know is this is the work of an unpaid group, i cant do this stuff "hell im lucky i managed to install it"

but what i do know is when FREE stuff comes out you either like it or dont kinda like a candy bar, if you want a free butter finger you take it if not then dont cry it wasnt a snickers!

DMAN GREAT ROM ,

in a year i get an upgrade,,,, hope to have a phone you will be modding!

Last edited:

Mushroom.

Oct 28, 2011
Sorry. Back to what colors you guys might like....

Sent from an Emancipated Infuse bleeding Orange

I always loved the look of Honeycomb, so that's what I'm working on. Green/Blue/Black. Something like this:

Android-3.jpeg

ntorresla

Jan 26, 2012
Guayaquil
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Reactions: SGSuser0811

Bubonic78

Feb 7, 2012
Garland
I'm goin with the blue. And goin with the whole red white and blue thing.uploadfromtaptalk1333555116571.jpg
Thanx D & Fezz works great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

Lavman72

Feb 23, 2012
Weymouth, MA
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
hello

here's another dialer you can flash it by cwm:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16149362/Themes/ZeusDialer.zip

it looks like this:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...204032351.png/

I think Zeus is the new standar of infuse roms, so when people try to modify it, is with all respect to make it better for themselves and the community...

thanks dman and whole collective team

and ppalbicke for the patient and support

would love to see what this looks like. Get "404 not found" when clicking on the link.

Lavman72

Feb 23, 2012
Weymouth, MA
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
Lavman ... try looking at this.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24442079

Revelators Mount Up
{Outlaw Emancipation}

Very nice. Installed, as I like the cleaner, simpler look. At least on the dialer. Glad to see the ZTR Theme thread. Was a little leary that there might be some crossover between this and the General Zeus thread as far as mods go. I'm sure that'll work itself out.

Look forward to seeing what is created for the ROM.

Reactions: Bubba
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will be the official theme thread for the soon to be Zeus Total Reign final edition, codename Z-TR.
    As I will be working on the note full time I will have no time for themes, so, anyone with themes they've made or want to make for Z-TR are welcome here.
    LET THE GAMES BEGIN!:D
    Ok.
    I'll take this slot then.

X
    What you need to do is understand it took fezzy 2 weeks every single day to make this gorgeous theme... because of jkay mod there are about 3000 images to theme, I've been deving for a while and this is one of the best looking themes I've ever seen... you want stock, run stock.. you want v6, run v6, or make your own theme, but when you recompile that framework and your eyes pop out when you see how many images are there and have been added, you'll understand.. this rom was not released because of its theme, its the first infuse based rom with jkay and tsm with 17 locks and 16 toggles. Fezzy put massive work into this one of a kind gorgeous theme. Have some respect.

It amazes me ... people have filled pages with anticipation of the release of ZTR. Now that it is here it's all about "can I change this or that" and "I don't like the way this or that works".
    How fickle we are. Sure ... change what ever you want. Good luck.
    If you don't like something have respect .... be polite. These roms that are given to us ... FREE ..as pointed out are the children of these dev's and themers. I you friend has a child that may not appeal to your eye ... do you tell him? Hopefully we are all better than that. What if this was your pride and joy? Would you want someone telling you how to do what you know and love?
    Lastly ... I now have a greater respect for dman. He ... as far as I see ... has handled all the ranting with great composure thus far. Good for you dman. He never had to make this rom ... nor does he have to leave it accesable to the community.
    You poke a bear with a stick ...

Thank you to any and all involved in developing and theming ANY of these roms.

End of MY rant

Revelators Mount Up
    {Outlaw Emancipation}
    :banghead:mad: ics :D

Been there done that. Expand your minds. I agree with D on this. Nothing makes me wanna stop making themes than to have people ask for ICS.
    I consider what I create to be art. When someone chooses a stock ICS theme over originality, that's discouraging to say the least.

X,
    free through EVERGREEN EMANCIPATION.