Lost IMEI After 4.3 OTA Update

Search This thread

baher4ever

Mar 22, 2011
I purchased my mobile from Egypt with the country set to Egypt and software 4.1.1, before my one year warranty expired my phone suddenly restarted and never started again. I sent to the local warranty and they said it needed motherboard replace. They replaced the motherboard and everything was fine. My phone after receiving it had the United Arab Emirates as the country and the android version 4.1.2. The phone was okay till I received the OTA 4.3 update. After updating my phone I got "not registered to network"message and lost my IMEI to be a dummy number. I sent back to the official service shop and after 3 days they said it need a motherboard replace. This time they will charge me for this. !!!!
Can you please recommend what to do and how to deal with this case?
Don't the official local Samsung service shop have the equipment to restore back my IMEI ?
I don't have efs backup simply because I never changed the stock ROM
I feel they are not speaking the truth and trying to charge me for nothing

puku66

Dec 30, 2012
I purchased my mobile from Egypt with the country set to Egypt and software 4.1.1, before my one year warranty expired my phone suddenly restarted and never started again. I sent to the local warranty and they said it needed motherboard replace. They replaced the motherboard and everything was fine. My phone after receiving it had the United Arab Emirates as the country and the android version 4.1.2. The phone was okay till I received the OTA 4.3 update. After updating my phone I got "not registered to network"message and lost my IMEI to be a dummy number. I sent back to the official service shop and after 3 days they said it need a motherboard replace. This time they will charge me for this. !!!!
Can you please recommend what to do and how to deal with this case?
Don't the official local Samsung service shop have the equipment to restore back my IMEI ?
I don't have efs backup simply because I never changed the stock ROM
I feel they are not speaking the truth and trying to charge me for nothing

you can do it to restore imei..but must buy box/dongle flasher likes z3x or BST...etc.