Team Black Out Presents...The Dark Side of the Source...Black and Clear Apps

77 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,284

By TeamBlackOut, Member on 18th May 2013, 04:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th March 2014, 09:00 PM |#5101  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I hav figured it out. theres nothing to it. and thanks again to everyone that came up with a way to fix so fast! all im saying is with a themed stocked email app. I could completely get rid of the gmail app. one less google app to worry about.

via galaxy noteIII 4gLTE
28th March 2014, 09:04 PM |#5102  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 46,715

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyp3nitis

I hav figured it out. theres nothing to it. and thanks again to everyone that came up with a way to fix so fast! all im saying is with a themed stocked email app. I could completely get rid of the gmail app. one less google app to worry about.

via galaxy noteIII 4gLTE

Well on CM11 mine is themed clear using KlearKat but I'm sure you can find one floating around. I think Slim's email is black by default. Check theirs out. It's universal so you should be able to just move it to system.

Sent by my Klearkat Nexus 5

Free TBO Updater App

Status Report
The Following User Says Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
28th March 2014, 09:13 PM |#5103  

More
so I download rom unzip and find email.apk?

via galaxy noteIII 4gLTE
28th March 2014, 09:16 PM |#5104  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

via galaxy noteIII 4gLTE

Yep, should be in system/app or system/priv-app

Free TBO Updater App

Status Report
The Following User Says Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
28th March 2014, 09:42 PM |#5105  
Flag Here
Thanks Meter: 1,837

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdarkknight96

Well on CM11 mine is themed clear using KlearKat but I'm sure you can find one floating around. I think Slim's email is black by default. Check theirs out. It's universal so you should be able to just move it to system.

Slim and PAC has dual themed email, sms, calendar. phone, people etc. It's white by default, and by switching PAC in Black (don't know what's the switch in Slim) it will be black. I think if you use it on CM, then you see only white one.
28th March 2014, 09:45 PM |#5106  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wechy77

Slim and PAC has dual themed email, sms, calendar. phone, people etc. It's white by default, and by switching PAC in Black (don't know what's the switch in Slim) it will be black. I think if you use it on CM, then you see only white one.

Well someone tried to send me slims email apk to compare with but I couldn't compile any form of it. So I assume it's black by default otherwise I would have no use for it.

Free TBO Updater App

Status Report
28th March 2014, 10:03 PM |#5107  
Flag Here
Thanks Meter: 1,837

More
Quote:

via galaxy noteIII 4gLTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdarkknight96

Well someone tried to send me slims email apk to compare with but I couldn't compile any form of it. So I assume it's black by default otherwise I would have no use for it.

@hyp3nitis_ For not hunting from zip and download 200+ MB only for one file, here is the Email.apk from PAC (android 4.4.2) rom.
In PAC rom white is default, and black is the optional. You can give a try.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-28-20-48-14.png
Views:	308
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	2656036   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-28-20-48-47.png
Views:	313
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	2656037  
Attached Files
File Type: apk Email.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.41 MB, 17 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wechy77 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wechy77 Ad-Free
28th March 2014, 10:23 PM |#5108  

More
thank you so much... I was downloading it failed then I ran outta space. lifesaver!

no more gmail app for me!

via galaxy noteIII 4gLTE
28th March 2014, 11:30 PM |#5109  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by razen_kain

Not really sure what y'all don't get but you're making this harder than it is.

(NANDROID BACKUP FIRST!)

If you can't uninstall the updates just uninstall Google play services altogether with tibu or some other app that will uninstall system apps, reboot to recovery, flash the appropriate zip that is posted on tbo Facebook page. Reboot. The new Google play services is signed with a different signature so Google is not going to update it automatically anymore.

It does not fix play store. That is a completely unrelated matter. Play store 4.6.17 is in testing and will be available when it's ready. This fixes crashes with gmail, chrome browser, and Google magazines. Once that zip is flashed, you're done until a more permanent solution has been found.

I completely uninstalled play services

You see it's uninstalled

After flashing the zip in recovery, rebooting, voila. I'm good to go. Gmail works. I'm happy. God i hope this helps.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

this is what I've tried I just get google services error, I did flash the stock
settings as in OP but they do not show up once rebooted?

I've also flashed my rom from scratch and got play services to 4.0 after uninstall but after I flash the stock setting her I still get same google services error
28th March 2014, 11:35 PM |#5110  
Thanks Meter: 8,656

Donate to Me
More
This is getting nuts. Do you all realize, when you flash a rom and gapps. No matter what you do, what settings you got. The playstore is set to auto update. Stick with one ROM. Our apps work perfect on CM11. You dont need all the other crap. I have done the fix on several phones. Stop over thinking it. Delete and flash and make sure youre using the right one.

Read the bottom of the OP to fix Google settings issue

How To Black Out

Free Updater App
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dafoxs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dafoxs Ad-Free
28th March 2014, 11:53 PM |#5111  
Flag Southampton
Thanks Meter: 1,263

More
OK so I got it working. As was previously said....I uninstalled play services completely using titanium backup. I then booted to recovery and flashed the TBO settings zip and it works. This is the only method that worked for me. So far its all good. Thanks TBO

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)