[Q] Disable low battery sound

Search This thread

furious78

Jun 21, 2012
Phoenix
Does anyone know where the M8 pulls the low battery sound from? With my last phone, I was able to disable this sound by deleting LowBattery.ogg in \system\media\audio\ui but that is not working here. i.e. the file is there, but that's not the one it's using. I've tried searching for other areas where custom ui sounds could be located, but I haven't hit the jackpot.

heather1209

May 5, 2011
Does anyone know where the M8 pulls the low battery sound from? With my last phone, I was able to disable this sound by deleting LowBattery.ogg in \system\media\audio\ui but that is not working here. i.e. the file is there, but that's not the one it's using. I've tried searching for other areas where custom ui sounds could be located, but I haven't hit the jackpot.

Hey, did you ever figure this out? I'm trying to get rid of that sound on my M8, too!

furious78

Jun 21, 2012
Phoenix
Hey, did you ever figure this out? I'm trying to get rid of that sound on my M8, too!

I did not. However, now that I've had the phone a while and don't tinker constantly with settings, running the battery down that far is quite rare for me. I guess it's not an issue for me anymore, but it would still be nice to disable it.

-- Sent from my mobile device --