[Q] Clearing "Mail data" problem

Search This thread

htc_touch_mn

Dec 9, 2007
Occasionally my stock Mail for Android app Ver 2.00 balloons to 50mg of data for some unknown reason.

To clear it I do a data wipe under the Applications menu for the Mail app. However today, that option is "greyed out" to clear data. So I tried deleting all the email accounts which worked. However the application menu still shows 40.00 meg of data.

How do I clear this to regain some internal memory?

Evo Fresh Evo 4.0.0.4

jibninjas

Jan 22, 2011
I am also needing this. My buddies is up to 247MB and there does not seem to be an answer out there.

theforcedroid

Jul 4, 2010
I'm having the same problem. I can't get rid of 54mb of data through the clear data button. The button is simply grayed out. This seems to be a recent thing as I was able to clear it a while ago. Anyway, my inbox, trash, outbox and sent folders are all empty. I've force closed the mail app still nothing. Help.

plainjane

Jan 14, 2011
Charlotte, NC
I'm having the same problem. I can't get rid of 54mb of data through the clear data button. The button is simply grayed out. This seems to be a recent thing as I was able to clear it a while ago. Anyway, my inbox, trash, outbox and sent folders are all empty. I've force closed the mail app still nothing. Help.

As mentioned earlier, try wiping it through Titanium Backup. Or you can try to manually delete the data with Root Explorer.

Try wiping dalvik cache as well. I'm not sure if the dalvik cache is calculated in "manage applications", but it won't hurt anything.

Sent from my Evo + MIUI using Tapatalk!