CM9 Nightly for P930 is up

Search This thread

kvell36

Apr 3, 2012
Ohio
My Nitro on CM9 is having issues

Whenever I boot my Nitro into CM9 Nightly 0402, there is a popup message that says "Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped." The popup comes back almost every second :eek: and makes the phone pretty much unusable because it is so annoying. The problem goes away when I take out my SIM, but I am not willing to use my phone without service. There is also a second error message that comes up about every 3-4 seconds that says "Unfortunately the process google.process.gapps has stopped." These two errors combined make the phone almost impossible to use. Please respond.... I'm so irritated now. I tried reflashing the rom, erasing the cache, and using the phone without the SD card and none of these worked. It seems that the only solution so far is to not use the SIM but i really do not want to do that. Please help me...

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
^^ Strange, I don't have any of that.

I use droidwall to prevent apps from accessing the internet (very useful on limited data). I just realized it isn't working. I have all my rules set up but those apps can still access the internet. Thoughts/alternatives?

Also, no copy/paste in keyboard??

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA

Last edited:

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
^^ Strange, I don't have any of that.

I use droidwall to prevent apps from accessing the internet (very useful on limited data). I just realized it isn't working. I have all my rules set up but those apps can still access the internet. Thoughts/alternatives?

Also, no copy/paste in keyboard??

Searched a bit on the internet. Seems droidwall won't work if you use ICS's data limit option.

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Any fix to this ? Sorry to repost >…> forgot to quote on the other and yea using 0402

Yup, instagram released an update not long ago, tested it, and it works :D

http://instagr.am/p/I-8Ax3L30p/

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

Whenever I boot my Nitro into CM9 Nightly 0402, there is a popup message that says "Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped." The popup comes back almost every second :eek: and makes the phone pretty much unusable because it is so annoying. The problem goes away when I take out my SIM, but I am not willing to use my phone without service. There is also a second error message that comes up about every 3-4 seconds that says "Unfortunately the process google.process.gapps has stopped." These two errors combined make the phone almost impossible to use. Please respond.... I'm so irritated now. I tried reflashing the rom, erasing the cache, and using the phone without the SD card and none of these worked. It seems that the only solution so far is to not use the SIM but i really do not want to do that. Please help me...

Sorry to see u have so much trouble with this. So far it seems only u have these issues. Were u working fine prior to 0402 nightly?

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

yes i have been facing this . the touch is not that snappy always

I've noticed that the touchscreen is less sensitive compared to the previous nightly. Sometimes when I text I have to tap a letter several times to get it to trigger.

Also, the "twitching" of the screen when you slide and hold it in position is still existing.

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
Yup, instagram released an update not long ago, tested it, and it works :D

http://instagr.am/p/I-8Ax3L30p/

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

Sorry to see u have so much trouble with this. So far it seems only u have these issues. Were u working fine prior to 0402 nightly?

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

I've noticed that the touchscreen is less sensitive compared to the previous nightly. Sometimes when I text I have to tap a letter several times to get it to trigger.

Also, the "twitching" of the screen when you slide and hold it in position is still existing.

I have a feeling this is actually why the screen is not as sensitive. I think it thinks we're trying to fling it because of the jitter.

P.s. I think I figured out how to copy from a text field. The "done" button changes to edit.

kvell36

Apr 3, 2012
Ohio
Solution to the phone closing problem

It seems that the problem was caused by using titanium backup on the phone, which automatically restored the settings from the stock GB rom. This caused the phone to malfunction, so a factory reset without titanium backup did the job.

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
It seems that the problem was caused by using titanium backup on the phone, which automatically restored the settings from the stock GB rom. This caused the phone to malfunction, so a factory reset without titanium backup did the job.

Ohh, did u restore the system data as well from tibu? Yeah that's gonna mesa up everything lol. Just restore your apps.

Malnilion

Dec 21, 2011
Yeah, I messed this up initially as well. Just wipe your /data and only use TiBU to restore apps/app data.

hereric

Oct 27, 2010
Anyone else using face unlock having issues with it sometimes nit being able to start or not able to use the camera?

wterryiv

Nov 21, 2011
Anyone else using face unlock having issues with it sometimes nit being able to start or not able to use the camera?

Yes have been having it since the first nightly. I just hit emergency call then the back button and it will give me my lock pattern screen. Hope that helps.

scott0

Dec 9, 2011
Does ths changelog http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=p930 show all changes made in a nightly for p930? Or just some???

Reason I ask is I am thinking of just snagging the nightlies that have changes in them for p930. what's the point of wasting time with a nightly that is a Samsung update? But I've also noticed that after some nightlies that didn't seem to include anything specific to the p930, the phone ran better, like the camera........

thoughts?

hereric

Oct 27, 2010
If it shows up there, it is changing something. We use a Samsung SOC in our phone, so even the "Samsung" changes are optimizing our phone.

aremcee

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2010
Does ths changelog http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=p930 show all changes made in a nightly for p930? Or just some???

Reason I ask is I am thinking of just snagging the nightlies that have changes in them for p930. what's the point of wasting time with a nightly that is a Samsung update? But I've also noticed that after some nightlies that didn't seem to include anything specific to the p930, the phone ran better, like the camera........

thoughts?

Not really, that site is a good effort, but ultimately futile, and it misses a ton of stuff.

Reactions: scott0

hereric

Oct 27, 2010
Oh. I thought we had the same soc as the galaxy s skyrocket?

I guess that has a qualcomm chip then?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looks like we have our first CM9 nightly for the Nitro.

http://get.cm/?type=nightly&device=p930
    If anybody is curious what Ricardo appears to be excited about, this is ION and what it brings to the table :D
    If you are using windows 7 and you get MTP USB Device failed driver installation, go to device manager, portable devices, MTP USB device (double click on it), Driver, update driver, browser my computer for driver software, let me pick, click usb mass storage device. Should install and work instantly, and then activate usb mass storage on the phone.
    Same thing works for USB tethering, except pick the other driver.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

My Flash is fine and I did install from the Google Play store. There is something odd I noticed about these nightlies so far. It seems like every time I open Google Play I drop my network connection. If I stay in the store and wait for it to come back I can successfully install apps. It doesn't seem to happen every time when I'm on Wifi.

I would say try to install it from a Wifi connection first. If it doesn't maybe you can install a version from a Titanium Backup then update it.

The dropped data connection in market happens to me too.
    Anyone else having this issue? I seem to have no lighted buttons :( I hated that they turned off before on 2.3 but now I have nothing...
    I had the same problem. Go to Settings->Display->Brightness and enable Automatic brightness and that should fix it.
    um how do i use usb storage on cm9?
    Go to Settings-> Storage->USB computer connection and enable MTP