[Q] LG G2 to Z1... Is it worth it?

Search This thread

AndroidInsanity

Jan 15, 2012
Huddersfield
www.youtube.com
First of all I know that most of you will prefer the Z1,,, since this is a Z1 forum. But I just would like some opinions n whether it's a good decision replacing the G2 with a Z1. I did search most of it, but still unclear due to a very mixed reaction.

The number one reason I am thinking about this is because I know devs will port the Z2 launcher and other goodies to the Z1 soon, and I love the
look of the Z2 interface. ( I would not be able to afford to buy one though)

I prefer the build quality of the Z1, but will probably miss the back keys of G2.

Is the camera all that great? Or even better does someone know if it's better than the G2? I heard very mixed reaction.

Kanes_Inferno

Jul 13, 2012
Lewisville, TX
My wife got her G2 last month when I got my Z1s, they're completely different phones. The G2 has more customizations options for sure.

As far as camera performance I prefer the Z1. Sometimes her camera produces better pics but more often than not mine wins out. Also, the Z1 takes the pictures faster, seems to take forever from the time we hit the button until it takes the pic on the G2. The Z1 takes them super fast and has way more options. I love this camera.

Sent from my C6916 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: AndroidInsanity

KarimSalloum

Apr 24, 2012
Beirut
First of all I know that most of you will prefer the Z1,,, since this is a Z1 forum. But I just would like some opinions n whether it's a good decision replacing the G2 with a Z1. I did search most of it, but still unclear due to a very mixed reaction.

The number one reason I am thinking about this is because I know devs will port the Z2 launcher and other goodies to the Z1 soon, and I love the
look of the Z2 interface. ( I would not be able to afford to buy one though)

I prefer the build quality of the Z1, but will probably miss the back keys of G2.

Is the camera all that great? Or even better does someone know if it's better than the G2? I heard very mixed reaction.

The G2 is a great phone so I would stick with it. It's got a bigger and better screen than the Z1, too. I only went for the Z1 over the G2 because I need lots of storage (no SDcard on the LG) and I prefer a premium finish to glossy plastic. if those things are important to you, go for the switch.

koppee1

Jul 1, 2007
The G2 is a great phone so I would stick with it. It's got a bigger and better screen than the Z1, too. I only went for the Z1 over the G2 because I need lots of storage (no SDcard on the LG) and I prefer a premium finish to glossy plastic. if those things are important to you, go for the switch.

I love my z1 :) but was looking at the htc one and g2 when I was choosing to buy my phone. Any of those are good solid phones..but I wouldn't replace one over the other if I had any of them. I'd just wait for the next generation..

AndroidInsanity

Jan 15, 2012
Huddersfield
www.youtube.com
I love my z1 :) but was looking at the htc one and g2 when I was choosing to buy my phone. Any of those are good solid phones..but I wouldn't replace one over the other if I had any of them. I'd just wait for the next generation..

I decided to make the jump and I have got to say the build quality is superior. As for Camera. It's what I expected, awful in low light, amazing in good light. speed is about the same and prefer Sony's skin.

Reactions: Kanes_Inferno

Zerousen

Sep 3, 2013
I actually prefer the G2, I quite like the bigger screen, and the smaller bezels are really nice. It also seems to be a better point and shoot when I compare my dad's G2 and my Z1, and images turn out a lot less grainy. The only things I prefer on the Z1 is the premium feel and the microSD card slot, as well as glass screen protector, as the G2 is really lacking in good glass screen protectors. I also prefer the Xperia UI over LG's Touchwiz copy UI, however, I'd just flash an AOSP based ROM over it anyways, like I would if my Z1 had an unlocked bootloader.

AndroidInsanity

Jan 15, 2012
Huddersfield
www.youtube.com
I actually prefer the G2, I quite like the bigger screen, and the smaller bezels are really nice. It also seems to be a better point and shoot when I compare my dad's G2 and my Z1, and images turn out a lot less grainy. The only things I prefer on the Z1 is the premium feel and the microSD card slot, as well as glass screen protector, as the G2 is really lacking in good glass screen protectors. I also prefer the Xperia UI over LG's Touchwiz copy UI, however, I'd just flash an AOSP based ROM over it anyways, like I would if my Z1 had an unlocked bootloader.

I think pictures in good light look much better on the Z1, but low light G2 easily wins. And the Z1 takes pictures faster.

I am pretty confused how G2 Devs have managed to increase image quality with a MOD yet their are no mods for the Z1 that do.

Reactions: Kanes_Inferno

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My wife got her G2 last month when I got my Z1s, they're completely different phones. The G2 has more customizations options for sure.

As far as camera performance I prefer the Z1. Sometimes her camera produces better pics but more often than not mine wins out. Also, the Z1 takes the pictures faster, seems to take forever from the time we hit the button until it takes the pic on the G2. The Z1 takes them super fast and has way more options. I love this camera.

Sent from my C6916 using xda app-developers app

I decided to make the jump and I have got to say the build quality is superior. As for Camera. It's what I expected, awful in low light, amazing in good light. speed is about the same and prefer Sony's skin.

I think pictures in good light look much better on the Z1, but low light G2 easily wins. And the Z1 takes pictures faster.

I am pretty confused how G2 Devs have managed to increase image quality with a MOD yet their are no mods for the Z1 that do.