Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

KingRaheel

Sep 8, 2016
Bangalore
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi,I am ganesh and i using hp_10_1901 tablet(glider_3g_a) Balsa device when i used enter adb command adb reboot bootloader it just tablet turn off and it never turn it on. It never boot(ie.showing just black screen) so just helpme for the solution . If any one has firmware file for this tablet please post it ThankYou!
Not an issue if you have done only what you have mentioned. Keep holding the power on button for 30 seconds atleast. It should reboot. If it doesn't and is still stuck on the black screen then see if adb detects the device. If it does then type "adb reboot" or "adb reboot recovery". Hope this helps

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Device: HTC Desire 310 DS Ram:512MB Build Number:1.00.1402.6
Can someone tell me how to install a custom recovery using terminal emulator (My pc is damaged) for ny HTC DESIRE 310 DS

If you also have a link for custom recovery please include it in your reply
You can't install a custom recovery using terminal emulator. However you can use flashify app if you have a custom recovery available for your device.

androgeek2010

Nov 30, 2016
Do you have a recovery downloaded for your device already? The exact model?

Sent from my HTC M7 running AICP 6.0

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

If you have root. Try flashify from 3rd party download (Google) and use it to flash recovery from link down below. I don't mean to be harsh but don't always expect answers to be fed to you as we had to research most of what we have done.

Dear i have asked a question after a deep and thorough reading and searching on XDA as well as some other sources but unfortunately i wasnt able to find any kind of help. there are posts and threads about different variants of galaxy j7 on XDA but no specific post or help for the model i am talking about.
the TWRP recovery you have suggested is not suitable for my device (maybe i am wrong). as it is specifically desinged for samsung Galaxy J7 Exynos SM-J700 (j7elte) i need recovery for Samsung Galaxy J7 sm-j7109 (j7xltectc) (Qualcom)
Now i don't mean to be harsh but i was really expecting some thoughtful and logical solution to the problem i am facing right now and i assume you might know what gona happen if i flash a totally wrong recovery.
anyways you can still ask me if you still think installing (j7elte) TWRP will help me, meanwhile i would again call for some real help.
thanks in advance

emassy

Feb 26, 2016
My memory card shows up on pc when i use a memory card reader but i have tried many usb with it on my phone,but doesnt show up. I only see phone memory. Is there something i must have done to have caused this? This started after i installed folder mount

Sent from my SM-N930F using XDA-Developers mobile app

bodzito

Nov 23, 2011
Hello xda community. I recently rooted my Honor 4x (unlocked bootloader, TWRP, flashed SuperSU over stock android 6 rom), I deleted some preinstalled google apps like books, music etc. Now i want to go back to stock, untouched, not rooted system. My problem is... i formated my sd card and lost my backup of untouched system that i made with TWRP. Is it possible to flash system.img (that i extracted from huawei android 6 update file UPDATE.APP) with bootloader ? Will it work ? By "work" I mean will it give me a nice, clean, untouched stock rom? (i know that i can flash stock recovery.img this way)

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
You can't install a custom recovery using terminal emulator. However you can use flashify app if you have a custom recovery available for your device.

Yes you can install recovery.img via Terminal emulator with dd command by renaming the recovery file name to "recovery.img" then placing the recovery.img in the root of sdcard then typing the correct dd command and the correct mmcblk0(partition).

For example, on my S3 I installed recovery via Terminal Emulator by typing this command:

su (then press enter)

Then typing:

dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18

All devices can use this method but the /dev/block/mmcblk0 changes depending on the device being flashed. If the wrong mmcblk0 is used it bricks the device.

You can also use adb to dd a recovery.img except you type:

adb shell (press enter)

Then type:

su (press enter)

Then type the correct dd command for the device in question and press enter and it will flash.

Look it up and you'll find what I'm talking about, And just to let you know, when you use Flashify or a similar flashing app, what it is actually doing is automatically detecting which mmcblk0 to use then automatically executing the dd command without you having to type it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Can someone help me with my xperia z2 d6503. Bootloader status :- not allowed. I want to install aosp 7.1 custom rom on it. Racovery and xposed installed with root.??
It means either your bootloader is locked and you need to unlock it or it means your bootloader is locked and can't be unlocked.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

My memory card shows up on pc when i use a memory card reader but i have tried many usb with it on my phone,but doesnt show up. I only see phone memory. Is there something i must have done to have caused this? This started after i installed folder mount

Sent from my SM-N930F using XDA-Developers mobile app
Is the sdcard formatted with the correct file system for android to see it? Such as FAT32 or EXFAT for some devices.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Hello!

I accidentally created a "General Discussion" Thread for my device in the "Miscellaneous Development" Forum: http://xdaforums.com/android/development/-t3514888

Could someone move it into the appropriate Forum? (I assume it should go here, because my device just has a ET)
Just make a report for the thread by viewing it in browser then clicking the report button(triangle with an ! in it), inform the moderators where you want it moved and they'll move it for you.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Hello xda community. I recently rooted my Honor 4x (unlocked bootloader, TWRP, flashed SuperSU over stock android 6 rom), I deleted some preinstalled google apps like books, music etc. Now i want to go back to stock, untouched, not rooted system. My problem is... i formated my sd card and lost my backup of untouched system that i made with TWRP. Is it possible to flash system.img (that i extracted from huawei android 6 update file UPDATE.APP) with bootloader ? Will it work ? By "work" I mean will it give me a nice, clean, untouched stock rom? (i know that i can flash stock recovery.img this way)
Flashing system.img "should" work. Or you can open SuperSU settings and choose the remove root option then flash your stock recovery then just update the device as you would normally using the update.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Device: HTC Desire 310 DS Ram:512MB Build Number:1.00.1402.6
Can someone tell me how to install a custom recovery using terminal emulator (My pc is damaged) for ny HTC DESIRE 310 DS

If you also have a link for custom recovery please include it in your reply
Do a google search for:

"How to dd recovery via Terminal Emulator on (your model number)"

Rename your recovery file to "recovery.img" then place it in the root of your internal sdcard, then when you type your specific dd command you have to make sure you use "recovery.img"(to match the fact that you changed its name) in the command instead of its original name, also make sure you are sending it to the correct mmcblk0(recovery partition) for your specific model. The command must be EXACTLY correct because if you get any part of the command wrong it will brick your device.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingRaheel

arunbiju969

Apr 27, 2014
Adimali
Xiaomi Mi A3
Does anyone know of any apps besides Market Helper and Xposed Modules that can trick a device into thinking it's something else? Even though my tablet is rooted, it's not compatible with the Market Helper app. And I am unable to flash the Xposed Framework.zip through Flashify or through the default recovery method. Flashify doesn't work on this tablet and whenever I try to flash the Xposed Framework.zip through Recovery, I get a protected error.

Try a build.prop editor and change your Device info...also take a backup of your original .Prop

---------- Post added at 05:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

Is there any difference between system.img and system.img.ext4?
And
How to convert from system.img to system.img.ext4?

Thank you.
System.img contains your system files system.img.ext4 is used when it's being restored usually by a recovery.

Reactions: Shawn R

udayveercho

Jun 20, 2015
Verizon?

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

http://theroot.ninja/
No mine is network unlocked..??

---------- Post added at 06:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 AM ----------

Yes you can install recovery.img via Terminal emulator with dd command by renaming the recovery file name to "recovery.img" then placing the recovery.img in the root of sdcard then typing the correct dd command and the correct mccblk0(partition).

For example, on my S3 I installed recovery via Terminal Emulator by typing this command:

su (then press enter)

Then typing:

All devices can use this method but the /dev/block/mmcblk0 changes depending on the device being flashed. If the wrong mmcblk0 is used it bricks the device.

adb shell (press enter)

Then type:

su (press enter)

Then type the correct dd command for the device in question and press enter and it will flash.

Look it up and you'll find what I'm talking about, And just to let you know, when you use Flashify or a similar flashing app, what it is actually doing is automatically detecting which mmcblk0 to use then automatically executing the dd command without you having to type it.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

It means either your bootloader is locked and you need to unlock it or it means your bootloader is locked and can't be unlocked.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Is the sdcard formatted with the correct file system for android to see it? Such as FAT32 or EXFAT for some devices.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Just make a report for the thread by viewing it in browser then clicking the report button(triangle with an ! in it), inform the moderators where you want it moved and they'll move it for you.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Flashing system.img "should" work. Or you can open SuperSU settings and choose the remove root option then flash your stock recovery then just update the device as you would normally using the update.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Do a google search for:

Rename your recovery file to "recovetry.img" then place it in the root of your internal sdcard, then when you type your specific dd command you have to make sure you use "recovery.img"(to match the fact that you changed its name) in the command instead of its original name, also make sure you are sending it to the correct mmcblk0(recovery partition) for your specific model. The command must be EXACTLY correct because if you get any part of the command wrong it will brick your device.
That's what i want to say, my bootloader is locked and my phone says it cannot be unlocked as it is network unlocked. Is there any way to unlock it?

---------- Post added at 06:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

Yes you can install recovery.img via Terminal emulator with dd command by renaming the recovery file name to "recovery.img" then placing the recovery.img in the root of sdcard then typing the correct dd command and the correct mccblk0(partition).

su (then press enter)

Then typing:

adb shell (press enter)

Then type:

su (press enter)

Do a google search for:

Rename your recovery file to "recovetry.img" then place it in the root of your internal sdcard, then when you type your specific dd command you have to make sure you use "recovery.img"(to match the fact that you changed its name) in the command instead of its original name, also make sure you are sending it to the correct mmcblk0(recovery partition) for your specific model. The command must be EXACTLY correct because if you get any part of the command wrong it will brick your device.
That's what i want to say, my bootloader is locked and my phone says it cannot be unlocked as it is network unlocked. Is there any way to unlock it?

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Is there any difference between system.img and system.img.ext4?
And
How to convert from system.img to system.img.ext4?

Thank you.
Extract it with a tool that can extract .rar files.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 06:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 06:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

If a search keeps telling you no then no. If you're not finding anything for unlocking it then it probably can't be done, otherwise you'd find at least something even if it isn't something specific.

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro

su (then press enter)

Then typing:

adb shell (press enter)

Then type:

su (press enter)

A little more clarification on this.
MMCBLK is an old Linux way of refering to multi-media cards/storage(MMC) and that they are set up as blocks(BLK0 for internal) with multiple partitions. It's something that has stuck around now. Originally, the MMCBLK could only have 17 partitions from what I remember.
For instance, my recovery for HTC 10 is on mmcblk0(internal storage)p60(partition 60)

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
A little more clarification on this.
MMCBLK is an old Linux way of refering to multi-media cards/storage(MMC) and that they are set up as blocks(BLK0 for internal) with multiple partitions. It's something that has stuck around now. Originally, the MMCBLK could only have 17 partitions from what I remember.
For instance, my recovery for HTC 10 is on mmcblk0(internal storage)p60(partition 60)
Exactly, lol.

If your bootloader is locked, then you can unlock it. But some devices or all that are CDMA devices come carrier unlocked with some band frequencies locked and have heard certain CDMA devices can't be bootloader unlocked due to carriers. Please note that bootloader unlock and carrier unlock are 2 different things. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

udayveercho

Jun 20, 2015
If your bootloader is locked, then you can unlock it. But some devices or all that are CDMA devices come carrier unlocked with some band frequencies locked and have heard certain CDMA devices can't be bootloader unlocked due to carriers. Please note that bootloader unlock and carrier unlock are 2 different things. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
Actually didn't get it all??. But all i want to install a custom rom (custom kernal) in my locked bootloader xperia z2 d6503

anees02

Feb 9, 2009
Sana'a
Xiaomi 12T Pro
Try a build.prop editor and change your Device info...also take a backup of your original .Prop

---------- Post added at 05:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

System.img contains your system files system.img.ext4 is used when it's being restored usually by a recovery.
By recovery I see it system.ext4.win000 and system.ext4.win001

And I want to know about system.img.ext4 which available inside some tar files in Samsung devices.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Extract it with a tool that can extract .rar files.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

If a search keeps telling you no then no. If you're not finding anything for unlocking it then it probably can't be done, otherwise you'd find at least something even if it isn't something specific.

I can extact system.img and system.img.ext4 but what about repack the system to system.img.ext4?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    would it be good idea to get poco x5? i just want to try different custom roms.

i only found these roms.
    1. crdroid
    2. projectelixiros
    3. evolution-x
    will other roms be available in the future like pixelexperience , pixelos, lineageOs and others?
    Thanks.
    none of us have a crystal Ball. You may also have better luck on the thread below.
    hello, hope this is where i need to be and i thank you in advance for any help i receive because i am so confused and don't know where to start. so in dec 2021 i bought my f9212b vertical android head unit off of ebay and my boyfriend installed it for me. everything is working but its super slow and if what im reading is correct it hasn't had an update since i put it in. so that's pretty much where im at. i don't know where or how to update firmware or software or if i have to. i have my google account signed into the unit but the auto android update is enabled but im not totally sure that its current either\. its super slow. just a head start on my next question after i figure the software firmware stuff out... not a clue what the protocol name for my canbus is. its a 2016 Hyundai elantra, haven't been able to use this thing to the best of its abilities and i would like to figure it out after all this time.
    Since 2016 to our days, Android versions changed the play rules a lot, when this units were launched, considering that they usually came with an outdated version (1 or 2 back), out of the box, and they expected to, hopefully, just one Android update, so for our days they may run really slow...

While you wait for a better answer here, from a more experienced user, you would redirect to the Head Units Forum, you may find alternative answers for your issue there.
    Hi, I am trying to root an Infinix x650 I have unlocked OEM and flashing but can't find a reliable recovery file. Can you help me find it. Also I've come across terms like "flashing recovery", "flashing boot image", "flashing kernel", "flashing twrp". Can you explain the difference
    I came across this guide which details how to root and flash on your device. As I don't have your device there, make sure you read everything carefully (which you should always do, anyway) and backup everything etc. before you start.

Twrp is a custom version of a recovery so you can put those 2 in the same pile. With that, you'll be able to flash things like ROMs, as in the guide above. Other than that, you'll basically have no reason to flash the others and definitely not if you don't know what you're doing with them. You should only flash and modify what you understand in the first place so just do research and read, read, read before doing anything

would it be good idea to get poco x5? i just want to try different custom roms.

i only found these roms.
    1. crdroid
    2. projectelixiros
    3. evolution-x
    will other roms be available in the future like pixelexperience , pixelos, lineageOs and others?
    Thanks.
    If you only want to try different custom ROMs then don't get any modern phone. The android modding world has changed a hell of a lot in recent years and most devices don't have many custom ROMs available.
    Look in the device forums for the most popular phones in the last couple years and you'll see what I mean.
    For the most part, rooting and installing different modules with Magisk is what most people do now as it's much more straight forward than flashing a ROM and won't have as much bloat as you can pick and choose what customisation you would like, via different modules
    You didn´t mention the model, and what you did previously, to cause this happen.
    My guess is that he was trying to do the magisk root
    hi, are there any custom roms for the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime (G361F) in particular, thanks in advance.
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II