Safestrap Help!!

Search This thread

gtmaster303

Oct 19, 2010
Hi guys,
I wiped the stock slot while on slot 1 with Bones ROM. I can't access SS anymore. When I boot my phone, I can't select either recovery or continue from the SS boot screen (touch screen doesn't respond). My phone still boots fine into Bones.
I tried installing SS again, but no luck. Please help

Last edited:

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
Hi guys,
I wiped the stock slot while on slot 1 with Bones ROM. I can't access SS anymore. When I boot my phone, I can't select either recovery or continue from the SS boot screen (touch screen doesn't respond). My phone still boots fine into Bones.
I tried installing SS again, but no luck. Please help
There are 2 actions about ss.
Install the apk & install recovery which did not work?

RikRong

Feb 16, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a
So I can't wipe the stock slot ever? I don't use stock at all and never will. I'd rather have the extra space, given the phone's limited internal storage

No, you can't wipe the stock slot. SS uses the stock boot.img to run the other slots. Also, SS itself is run off of the stock ROM. To get stock back, you're going to need to do a full restore, like Avi already said. There is a way to restore a saved ROM over your stock slot, but you need to recover your phone first.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD using xda app-developers app

Reactions: gtmaster303

gtmaster303

Oct 19, 2010
You can swap a slot to stock then delete the slot only. See post #2 of my ss rom for example/ steps.

No, you can't wipe the stock slot. SS uses the stock boot.img to run the other slots. Also, SS itself is run off of the stock ROM. To get stock back, you're going to need to do a full restore, like Avi already said. There is a way to restore a saved ROM over your stock slot, but you need to recover your phone first.

Learning all this the hard way :p Thanks a lot guys. You've both been pretty patient or I'm the first noob you've dealt with in a while :)

Reactions: RikRong

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I can't wipe the stock slot ever? I don't use stock at all and never will. I'd rather have the extra space, given the phone's limited internal storage
    You can swap a slot to stock then delete the slot only. See post #2 of my ss rom for example/ steps.

Learning all this the hard way :p Thanks a lot guys. You've both been pretty patient or I'm the first noob you've dealt with in a while :)

Yeah, we've all learned the hard way. You're asking questions and accepting the advice, that's why we're patient. Some don't do that and that's when people lose patience.