[03-04-2008] Slim 19199 WM 6.1 Rom

Search This thread

S.V.I

I had the question about the pagepool:
WST can change the pagepool on just about every rom except yours and Merlin's.
What's the deal?
I looked at boot.rgu's for every rom so far (ones that have the PagePool and "Slim") and there does not seem to be a difference.
So what gives? how do I change the pagepool??

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
I had the question about the pagepool:
WST can change the pagepool on just about every rom except yours and Merlin's.
What's the deal?
I looked at boot.rgu's for every rom so far (ones that have the PagePool and "Slim") and there does not seem to be a difference.
So what gives? how do I change the pagepool??

Perhaps because you are trying to use a windows 6 program to modify a windows 6.1 file. I've already indicated there are enough differences that hypercore can't even extract the XIP using normal methods so why do you act like it's something WE did to spite you?

Perhaps it doesn't handle msflash 5.0 format which is what the NEW rom's use..perhaps you should ask the AUTHOR of the tool you are trying to use.

mtrix

Oct 6, 2007
somehow i feel battery drain is more here than in slim edition? or am i wrong cuz these roms are almost the same? maybe thats because i used 2.61 radio on merlins and using 2.71 on this one?

fubarphill

Nov 6, 2006
I don't know if i'm just being stupid, but i've downloaded the cooking kit and when trying to extract it, it failed to extract one file

SYS\OS\services.exe\services.exe

as it said access is denied. So i thought i would try and dump the 'normal' rom in Hypercore and just grab the services.exe from there, but when DumpRom completed, the Services.exe folder doesn't even have the services.exe file in it.

I don't know if its just me being dumb or the computer im using (im at work :)) that is causing this, but any ideas/help would be appreciated

ADB100

Nov 3, 2006
Since I don't use VOIP all I can suggest is that you try it. OEM packages should work almost everywhere. To my knowledge VOIP is NOT part of the SYS Hermes build which means he added it.

I am still having some issues with icons appearing in the places I want them when rebuilding this ROM (HTCCPL stuff...) but I'm getting there :)

Just to let people know VoIP works with this ROM when you include the VoIP & VoIPOS from TNT 1933 - well it works as good as it did with the TNT 1933 ROM, but obviously the audio is routed to the stereo speakers instead of ideally the phone speaker.
Also IPSec VPN seems to work, or at least it starts to initiate the connection.

A bit more playing around and I might have a replacement for my re-cooked TNT 1933 ROM :)

EDIT: VoIP does work, however the volume is very low and can't be turned up. I tested this against the TNT 1933 ROM with the same VoIP componenets and the TNT ROM is much louder and the volume can be adjusted. Does anyone know what bits need extracing from the TNT 1933 ROM to get the volume better in this ROM?

Andy

Last edited:

madmaso

Oct 24, 2006
Boulder, CO
LAN says "Error 0 changing to dir!"

I am having difficulty using the LAN function of Total Commander with this ROM.

It worked with XM6r5 but I haven't been able to make it work with Slim 19199.
Nor was I able to make it work with TNT 19199.

What I see is this: when I am connected to my home network via WiFi, I enter "\\Plugins/LAN/_Quick Open" and type "\\<My_Computer_Name>"

Whenever I do this, regardless of whether I'm connected to a network or not, I see "Error 0 changing to dir!"

Has anyone else encountered this problem, or is there anything I've somehow forgotten?

drsayed

Oct 18, 2007
Madinah
My Question was not REplyed and now again not fixed

Dear Freinds.

Thanks for your hard work. but as i asked in the previous rom that the screen was not fixed for programs and the programs are going behind screen , i have not received any reply and the problem is still in the rom.

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Dear Freinds.

Thanks for your hard work. but as i asked in the previous rom that the screen was not fixed for programs and the programs are going behind screen , i have not received any reply and the problem is still in the rom.

Not sure where you think you ended up but there was no "previous rom". I released a new port of a hermes rom that included some OEM packages and tweaks from merlin's rom. The OS is vanilla Hermes code. I also have no clue what you are talking about when you say "The programs are going behind screen." When in doubt...post screenshots.

mtrix

Oct 6, 2007
famewolf as someone mentioned earlier activesync misses func "Connect via Bluetooth" however in merlins version this thing is there :) any comments ? :) with your version there is only "connect via IR"

S.V.I

Perhaps because you are trying to use a windows 6 program to modify a windows 6.1 file. I've already indicated there are enough differences that hypercore can't even extract the XIP using normal methods so why do you act like it's something WE did to spite you?

Perhaps it doesn't handle msflash 5.0 format which is what the NEW rom's use..perhaps you should ask the AUTHOR of the tool you are trying to use.

Not using HyperCore. Still haven't answered my (among others) question:
What is the Pagepool on this rom?

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
famewolf as someone mentioned earlier activesync misses func "Connect via Bluetooth" however in merlins version this thing is there :) any comments ? :) with your version there is only "connect via IR"

I've pm'd merlin asking what he did to enable this however as previously indicated this is a VANILLA port meant to be used as a base for other roms. I am not going to modify it to add features that a normal vanilla 19199 rom does not have unless it's a bug fix.

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Not using HyperCore. Still haven't answered my (among others) question:
What is the Pagepool on this rom?

What part of vanilla port do you not understand? Whatever the hermes default pagepool size is..thats what it is...I could care less about changing it and since you keep making post insisting you are going to customize your own rom why don't you start by doing the reseach to find out how to identify and change the pagepool without using WST...hint..it involved hex editing.

...and if people are ignoring you it's probably because 1) You're being annoying and 2) You're being demanding. I have released this free and clear and provided the tools needed to customize it any way someone wants. I'm not REQUIRED to answer your questions or do anything else. The only reason this port exists is because I needed a clean 19199 base for another rom I'm beta testing and no one had published one yet.

I'm beginning to understand why so many cooks have stopped releasing their roms.

Last edited:

character

Aug 22, 2006
great rom

great work as for the others as you can see newbie has released his rom using this as a base maybe there are some of us that has not really understand yet on making a rom( please correct me... I; maybe talking about myself:))... as you can read in his version two there are no problems that has been encountered by using famewolf's rom as a base

... only if there will be a picture on step by step rom making for a noob like me maybe we can utilize this as a base for our roms too( a wishful thinking:)) ... if you will be looking at the hypercore there is a picture guide but for a non- technical person like me this is very hard to do and understand:(

...what is my point ?

this is a real nice rom and everyone has appreciated the hard work that you have done famewolf

... for those who are like me who like to know how to cook maybe more reading and understanding on the steps on how we can make our personalized rom it is sometimes impolite asking for this and that because this cooks are making roms because this is a rom that really suites there device and their needs... reason why there are vanilla versions

again nice rom...

D

Deleted member 804010

great work as for the others as you can see newbie has released his rom using this as a base maybe there are some of us that has not really understand yet on making a rom( please correct me... I; maybe talking about myself:))... as you can read in his version two there are no problems that has been encountered by using famewolf's rom as a base

... only if there will be a picture on step by step rom making for a noob like me maybe we can utilize this as a base for our roms too( a wishful thinking:)) ... if you will be looking at the hypercore there is a picture guide but for a non- technical person like me this is very hard to do and understand:(

...what is my point ?

this is a real nice rom and everyone has appreciated the hard work that you have done famewolf

... for those who are like me who like to know how to cook maybe more reading and understanding on the steps on how we can make our personalized rom it is sometimes impolite asking for this and that because this cooks are making roms because this is a rom that really suites there device and their needs... reason why there are vanilla versions

again nice rom...

X2

I've downloaded the hypercore kitchen, and all the files that were so kindly put at our disposal. Have read the posts, downloaded the how to's - and have installed all the programs.

I get error after error, files not found, dll errors - you name it, I've seen it. Bottom line - I do not get it. I have lots more reading to do - or need to get me a cooking buddy to walk me through it.

Fortunately, there are chefs out there - who do get it, and take the time to customize, personalize - and then publish their creations for the taking.

Is there a perfect rom - probably not, but basically for me - every posted rom both deserves my attention, and my trial - and just may end up being the ultimate rom for me.

Much respect to all the chefs - you keep me coming back for more

Have a good one

PS - cooking buddy needed..............

character

Aug 22, 2006
cooking buddy

yes I also need someone for me to understand what is written as of now just googled that wst means wizard service tool... no idea what it can do but maybe very useful as what i read they dump rom

hopefully someday someone will post teh real step by step cooking for the dummy like me ( or am i just the only one that cannot understand ways to cook a rom)

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
anyone is able to fix activesync? iam unable to sync with my Exchange using activesync... plz help

There is nothing wrong with activesync...I synced with mail2web when I tested it.

Hypercore has a help file which walks you step by step through both extracting a rom into packages and building a rom up to and including flashing it to your phone.

The only step you skip is the XIP extraction portion because
1) dumprom can't handle the new boot.rgu format (which also means WST can't handle it to change the pagepool until the author updates his tool..so hypercore gets an error on extraction)
2) I included the XIP already extracted in the ROM dir of the cooking kit...all you have to do is copy it to Hypecore\Build\ROM.

You should learn how to extract a rom so you can grab packages you want to use.

To build the rom in hypercore using the cooking kit...extract hypercore and then replace the Hypercore\Build\ SYS, ROM and OEM folders with the ones in the cooking kit.

For more info browse the hypercore thread.