[Q]RSD LITE problems, not recognizing phone

Search This thread

melgibson666

Jun 14, 2011
So I wanted to FXZ back to .902 with rsd lite. I downloaded the latest Motorola USB drivers, and rsd lite 5.7, but for some reason when I start the program it won't recognize my phone is plugged in. I start it in Fastboot AP and even waited 10 min, and nothing. The only thing I have done with the phone was update to .905, root, installed safestrap, and eclipse 3.0. I'm running in unsafe mode in safestrap right now. Any suggestions? This is driving me insane, I just want to get back to stock .902.

projektorboy

Sep 3, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Are you using a notification cable? Not all usb cables are created equal, maybe try with a different one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Definitely this. I've seen way too many threads that show that RSD Lite and/or Moto devices are very picky about their USB cables. Try another one to see if it's detected.

Failing that, go peek in your device manager (Start > Run > devmgmt.msc) and see if the phone even shows up in there. You could be having larger issues with USB device detection.

melgibson666

Jun 14, 2011
Are you using a notification cable? Not all usb cables are created equal, maybe try with a different one.

Omg if you were here I would kiss you. I had not even thought that the usb cable that came with the Bionic would be the issue, but sure enough I used my cable that came with my Incredible 2 and IT WORKED. :D thanks so much

Reactions: fede2782

psychonot

Apr 28, 2012
Mine is recognized when I use the command 'lsusb', but doesn't show up on RSDLite. I will try another cord but wouldn't it make more sense that if it's being recognized it is a software issue?

linuxgator

Sep 5, 2011
Moto X4
Samsung Galaxy A50
Mine is recognized when I use the command 'lsusb', but doesn't show up on RSDLite. I will try another cord but wouldn't it make more sense that if it's being recognized it is a software issue?

Which version of RSDLite are you using? There's a newer version out, 6.14 I think it is, that doesn't work all that well. Right now 5.7 is still the recommended version. The cable thing still sometimes is the issue, even if it is recognized in other modes sometimes it just doesn't work right. You can also try flashing with moto-fastboot as a command line program. There are both windows and linux versions available.

supertrav1980

Jan 4, 2014
Schertz, Tx
Still no joy

so I have a high-speed USB 2.0 cable, ADB driver displays in the Device Manager, and Rsd Lite 6.15 still does not display my Moto X.

Any other suggestions?

amandafrat

Apr 9, 2014
Droid razr m - can't flash/fix with rsd lite 5.7

I can't get my Droid Razr M off the boot screen, endless boot loop happening with the startup screen.

I downloaded the RSD Lite 5.6 (then 5.7) and tried both. Neither is recognizing my device.

I downloaded the AdbDriverInstaller.exe for Android. Did not even recognize my device - the device is plugged in, I'm looking at the AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) on my phone. Says Device is Locked (whatever that means). Status Code: 0. Transfer Mode: USB Connected. So it recognizes that there is a USB plugged into it.

I ran ALL of these firmware versions from this website through the RSD Lite - sbf . droid - developers . org - NONE are working.

I keep getting Status: Failed Flashing Process: 1/19 flash partition "gpt_main0.bin" -> Phone returned FAIL.

I saw some forums that said within the actual firmware XML file, to delete these lines of code, so I did (note: I tried running them before and after the file edit):

<step operation="getvar" var="max-download-size" />
<step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_set" />
<step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_clear" />

SOMEONE HELP!

Anonymous Assassin

Sep 1, 2014
Droid Razr Maxx

I can't get my Droid Razr M off the boot screen, endless boot loop happening with the startup screen.

I downloaded the RSD Lite 5.6 (then 5.7) and tried both. Neither is recognizing my device.

I downloaded the AdbDriverInstaller.exe for Android. Did not even recognize my device - the device is plugged in, I'm looking at the AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) on my phone. Says Device is Locked (whatever that means). Status Code: 0. Transfer Mode: USB Connected. So it recognizes that there is a USB plugged into it.

I ran ALL of these firmware versions from this website through the RSD Lite - sbf . droid - developers . org - NONE are working.

I keep getting Status: Failed Flashing Process: 1/19 flash partition "gpt_main0.bin" -> Phone returned FAIL.

I saw some forums that said within the actual firmware XML file, to delete these lines of code, so I did (note: I tried running them before and after the file edit):

<step operation="getvar" var="max-download-size" />
<step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_set" />
<step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_clear" />

SOMEONE HELP!

I am having the same problem with my Droid RAZR Maxx (XT912). I rooted it, then flashed CM 10.1.2. with Safestrap. Since then, I've had all
sorts of trouble. I've been trying to get it back to the factory ROM, but me being a total noob at the time, somehow made the mistake of backing
up my factory ROM in a CWM format instead of TWRP, meaning that I never could access it from Safestrap, and Safestrap would not uninstall
no matter what I tried. This was a long time ago, I have been researching all over the interwebs to fix my problem since. I tweaked my phone to
the point that it worked well for everything I needed, even though I was still stuck with CM.

It worked just fine... Until now. My phone went dead one day, and when I tried to charge it and reboot, it woke up stuck in bootloop. I have no idea why it decided to get stuck in bootloop, but I need to get it back ASAP. I have done hours and hours of research, set up adb and RSD Lite v5.6, got all the driver software I needed, and then found the firmware to take it back to Android v 4.0.4. My problem is that neither adb, nor RSD Lite will recognize my device. My computer recognizes the device as a Mot single adb interface, but that is the only recognition I get from my computer. My phone is saying the same thing as the quoted post above

Phone is Locked, Status Code: 0, Transfer Mode: USB Connected.

I have tried a few different USBcables, but I don't have the original factory cable from Motorola because my dog decided she wanted it more. I have an LG factory cable, but it still won't work with that.

tl;dr: My phone (Motorola droid RAZR Maxx XT912) is stuck in bootloop, adb and RSD Lite won't recognize it, but my computer will.

I'm in need of a wee bit of assistance, does anyone have any advice to offer?

Last edited:

boxes

Sep 10, 2009
I am having the same problem with my Droid RAZR Maxx (XT912). I rooted it, then flashed CM 10.1.2. with Safestrap. Since then, I've had all
sorts of trouble. I've been trying to get it back to the factory ROM, but me being a total noob at the time, somehow made the mistake of backing
up my factory ROM in a CWM format instead of TWRP, meaning that I never could access it from Safestrap, and Safestrap would not uninstall
no matter what I tried. This was a long time ago, I have been researching all over the interwebs to fix my problem since. I tweaked my phone to
the point that it worked well for everything I needed, even though I was still stuck with CM.

It worked just fine... Until now. My phone went dead one day, and when I tried to charge it and reboot, it woke up stuck in bootloop. I have no idea why it decided to get stuck in bootloop, but I need to get it back ASAP. I have done hours and hours of research, set up adb and RSD Lite v5.6, got all the driver software I needed, and then found the firmware to take it back to Android v 4.0.4. My problem is that neither adb, nor RSD Lite will recognize my device. My computer recognizes the device as a Mot single adb interface, but that is the only recognition I get from my computer. My phone is saying the same thing as the quoted post above

I have tried a few different USBcables, but I don't have the original factory cable from Motorola because my dog decided she wanted it more. I have an LG factory cable, but it still won't work with that.

tl;dr: My phone (Motorola droid RAZR Maxx XT912) is stuck in bootloop, adb and RSD Lite won't recognize it, but my computer will.

This is a really late reply, but I just went through this. Try a different USB port on your PC. My usb 3.0 port wouldnt recognize my Photon Q

Anonymous Assassin

Sep 1, 2014
This is a really late reply, but I just went through this. Try a different USB port on your PC. My usb 3.0 port wouldnt recognize my Photon Q

Well, I actually fixed this a long time ago, but thanks for the suggestion. I ended up using mattlgroff's Droid RAZR Utulity to restore my phone to factory default. If anyone ever has any trouble with your RAZR, try using that, it'll make your life a lot easier.

If you don't mind, please swing by and give Matt some thanks, he really deserves it.

G__Money

Dec 13, 2015
same issue with an XT926

So, i would use the utility mentioned above, except it's for a xt912, and i have the xt926. I've tried RSD Lite 6.15 and 5.7 and both with different USB cables. I downloaded ADB and the SDK Tool Kit and went through the instructions at visualgdb.com[slash]KB[slash]usbdebug-manual (sorry for the '[slash]'... noob not allowed to post links) to get "a USB driver" to install when i connect the phone. I've also downloaded a ROM file, VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml , but i've been to so many sites at this point, i can't remember where i got that file. When i open/decompress this file in RSD Lite, the software version description has 'VANQUISH" in the name. If I attempt to "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media", then the phone shows up as "Fastboot VANQUISH S". So i think i have the right file.

Also, i downloaded ADB and opened it. It launched a command prompt. I used the command "adb devices" to list my phone and it returns nothing.

The phone is in the AP Fastboot mode (with "Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0" and "Transfer Mode: USB Connected", yada yada yada).

Anybody got any further ideas? Is this easier done in Linux?

seedi

Mar 8, 2015
Definitely this. I've seen way too many threads that show that RSD Lite and/or Moto devices are very picky about their USB cables. Try another one to see if it's detected.

Failing that, go peek in your device manager (Start > Run > devmgmt.msc) and see if the phone even shows up in there. You could be having larger issues with USB device detection.
My phone does not show up in device manager what should i do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Omg if you were here I would kiss you. I had not even thought that the usb cable that came with the Bionic would be the issue, but sure enough I used my cable that came with my Incredible 2 and IT WORKED. :D thanks so much