vasishath

Nov 30, 2013
Chandigarh
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
 * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 * Same statement for XDA.
 */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
  • Boots
  • Volte
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Fingerprint
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Camcorder
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • LED
  • GPS

Known issues:
  • You Tell me

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and GApps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and GApps
  • Flash Magisk
  • Reboot

XDA:DevDB Information
Lineage OS, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

Contributors
vasishath, shahan_mik3
Source Code: http://Ask MI for kernel release

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: Lineage

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2018-03-19

Created 2018-03-19
Last Updated 2018-03-19

Last edited:

Shahan_mik3

Mar 8, 2013
Bangalore

Note: If u intend to flash this rom as a secondary rom, and u want to add a pattern/password or fingerprint to the second rom, be sure to remove the password from miui first. Else, u will be locked out of ur primary rom. I repeat.. remove primary rom password/pattern/fingerprint in primary rom if u want to add it in secondary rom.

Report issues in bug tracker sheet

Last edited:

Shahan_mik3

Mar 8, 2013
Bangalore
Screenshots

Attachments

• IMG_20180319_165513_737.jpg
    IMG_20180319_165513_737.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 8,575
  • IMG_20180319_165520_483.jpg
    IMG_20180319_165520_483.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 8,545
  • IMG_20180319_165527_738.jpg
    IMG_20180319_165527_738.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 8,545
  • IMG_20180319_165530_099.jpg
    IMG_20180319_165530_099.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 8,026
  • IMG_20180319_165532_102.jpg
    IMG_20180319_165532_102.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 7,804
  • IMG_20180319_165538_564.jpg
    IMG_20180319_165538_564.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 7,707

vasishath

Nov 30, 2013
Chandigarh
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
If u intend to flash this rom as a secondary rom, and u want to add a pattern/password or fingerprint to the second rom, be sure to remove the password from miui first. Else, u will be locked out of ur primary rom. I repeat.. remove primary rom password/pattern/fingerprint in primary rom if u want to add it in secondary rom.

Last edited:

RajatPatel

Jun 23, 2009
Ahmedabad
www.technotravel.in
This is real quick work! Very well done. I have couple of questions though if you don't mind,
  • Is selinux permissive or enforcing?
  • Have you managed to get your hands on kernel source somehow? Or is there some other hack in place? Please let us know.

vasishath

Nov 30, 2013
Chandigarh
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
This is real quick work! Very well done. I have couple of questions though if you don't mind,
Is selinux permissive or enforcing?
Have you managed to get your hands on kernel source somehow? Or is there some other hack in place? Please let us know.
Kernel source hasnt been released yet. And yes its permissive for now.

Shahan_mik3

Mar 8, 2013
Bangalore
Glad you're seeing a funny side of it but I though he might have missed the other part of question - "Is there another hack in place?".
Anyways, keep up the good work! :good:

hehe chill... lets say hack is not an appropriate word :cyclops:

so basically we have to use prebuilt kernel from MIUI ROM which is still nougat. Hence, we made los14.1

rupam748

Dec 20, 2013
That was amazing.. Its so quick
Is 2 rear cameras working perfectly?
Portrait mode working?
Kindly confirm me anyone
Thanks for your quick work

Hosssain

Mar 4, 2018
That was amazing.. Its so quick
Is 2 rear cameras working perfectly?
Portrait mode working?
Kindly confirm me anyone
Thanks for your quick work
rear cam is working see screenshot.but dunno about camera quality.
portrait mode should work in gcam.but i think secondary 5 mp camera is useless for now in custom roms as pixel mobile dosent have dual camera and gcam uses software based portrait mode.
wait for pixel to release dual camera phones (lol:silly:) or next version of mia1(if xiaomi implement new camera app) to use new camera app for miui camera.

Last edited:

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル
Nice to see that there's already development going on when the kernel source isn't even published.

I might really consider RN5 Pro when it'll be available in my country. I've never owned Xiaomi before, but the cheap price and the XDA support makes me to choose it, although RN5 Pro seems quite big (I've had phones with max 5 inch before).

@Shahan_mik3 @vasishath, are you gonna publish device and vendor trees? Could be useful for other people who wants to build other ROMs (I don't).

Reactions: yshalsager

Shahan_mik3

Mar 8, 2013
Bangalore
Nice to see that there's already development going on when the kernel source isn't even published.

I might really consider RN5 Pro when it'll be available in my country. I've never owned Xiaomi before, but the cheap price and the XDA support makes me to choose it, although RN5 Pro seems quite big (I've had phones with max 5 inch before).

@Shahan_mik3@vasishath, are you gonna publish device and vendor trees? Could be useful for other people who wants to build other ROMs (I don't).

Once it's ready we will....no point at alpha stage they will just spam ROMs with same isssues. 636 is new soc we have to do alot of work with tree.

Also fixing issues will take time as the number of users r very low. I mean super low hence less reports.

Its better to hope for faster kernel source release.xD

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • Volte
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS

Known issues:
    • You Tell me

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Flash Magisk
    • Reboot

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

Contributors
    vasishath, shahan_mik3
    Source Code: http://Ask MI for kernel release

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: Lineage

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2018-03-19

Created 2018-03-19
    Last Updated 2018-03-19

Note: If u intend to flash this rom as a secondary rom, and u want to add a pattern/password or fingerprint to the second rom, be sure to remove the password from miui first. Else, u will be locked out of ur primary rom. I repeat.. remove primary rom password/pattern/fingerprint in primary rom if u want to add it in secondary rom.

Report issues in bug tracker sheet
    If u intend to flash this rom as a secondary rom, and u want to add a pattern/password or fingerprint to the second rom, be sure to remove the password from miui first. Else, u will be locked out of ur primary rom. I repeat.. remove primary rom password/pattern/fingerprint in primary rom if u want to add it in secondary rom.