Battery life comparison between to like phones

Search This thread

El Brillantinas

Sep 3, 2011
Vanaheim
I used CPU master, and now I'll have to restore from a CWM backup cause my phone is damn laggy and I can't change the CPU frequency back to 600 MHz. Hopefully I did a backup before trying this.

By the way, profiles in CPU master 2.1.1: Charging, Screen off, In call, Low Battery and Temperature over-Heat. Still no "sleep profile", but could you mean "Screen off" profile?

Last edited:

belacker

Jul 27, 2011
Batu Pahat
it makes my phone laggier :(

what happen?? i had no problem at all about the performance.. what rom did you use? and kernel?

I used CPU master, and now I'll have to restore from a CWM backup cause my phone is damn laggy and I can't change the CPU frequency back to 600 MHz. Hopefully I did a backup before trying this.

By the way, profiles in CPU master 2.1.1: Charging, Screen off, In call, Low Battery and Temperature over-Heat. Still no "sleep profile", but could you mean "Screen off" profile?

hmm.. im sorry for what happen to your phone..
yes "screen off" profile.. in "screen off" profile choose "power saver" scaling mode..

rav3n_pl

Sep 16, 2011
Wojcieszyce
bit.ly
Full charge, wipe stats, reboot.
I have GDX8,4 on Alfs v05 kernel.
At night on alarm set and wifi off (NO airplane mode) it eats about 1%/hour.
Ondemand governor, min:122 max:787MHz. (OCed ;])

82% left after 16hours (few phone calls and 20mins of music in this time).

El Brillantinas

Sep 3, 2011
Vanaheim
I've now become to a conclusion: Fast battery drain may be caused for some background processes, but it mainly depends of how you use your phone.

Here some points derivated of my conclusion:

1-I've tried CPU master, I learned how to use it but for me it was ineffective. Setting 'screen off profile' still drained like 10% of battery in 8 hours (see point 3)

2-According to my experience, DSP Manager doesn't cause battery drain in idle status, even if it's a process that runs all the time in background. However, using it while playing music may drain battery a bit faster than normal, that's a price we have to pay for a really good sound quality. Of course we have the option of using Music players with their own equalizer, like PowerAmp.

3-For some evil reason, if you charge your phone to 100%, it will drain fast until it lows to 90%, then the consumption of energy normalizes. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has realized this.

4-Using apps like Juice Defender or Battery Calibration doesn't work either.

5-Overclocking = fast battery draining (very logic...)

6-If there are apps/processes running in background but we don't use them at all, it's very necessary to freeze or uninstall them. But we better don't mess with Google Apps, they are essential for our phone to work properly.

7-Using the phone in a hot environment = more battery drain.

8-Some apps may drain energy more than others. In my experience, for example, Chomp sms drained more energy than Handcent.

9-We should wipe battery stats with xRec/CWM periodically.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sir_gpm
Apr 22, 2011
Rzeszów
I'm using GingerDX v20 and Alfs kernel v5 (ondemand 120-748mhz) and here u go: http ://dl.dropbox.com/u/19949618/screenshot-1322417496136.png (cant use links cus i'm new here :S )
screenshot shows battery life from 100% to 8%

Apr 22, 2011
Rzeszów
hell yeah ;p few sms / day and about 1h calling / day and some stuff like check time/calendar/etc
anywas it was my best time but normally it's like 5day+ (from 100% to ~10%)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi
    i have 2 sony ericsson xperia x8
    both with CM 7
    dxgingerbread v13 by doixanh

i use one as a house phone and the other goes in my pocket as a second phone as i just changed numbers and my first phone is samsung galaxy s2.

so these two phones came with the new plan for my wifes company both about 2.5 month out of the box with close serial numbers.

both are configured to as listed

performance: ondemand
    wifi off
    data connection off

i have studied the phones since i got them

so heres some data for you

result in home pocket
    min battery life 3 days 1 day
    max battery life over 5 days 2 days

i found the difference between the two odd as both were not touched or used but i found the difference to be that when i walk the home button gets pressed and turns the unlock screen on briefly not even enough to register on the graph.
    but if it is placed badly in my pocket the battery goes really quickly a big drop off on the graph.

the first time i ran the test on the stay at home phone got 6 days out of it not bad at all the next time it got 2.5 days i was shocked the only thing i had done was sync the calender and contacts between the phone and the computer while on charge.

so why the difference.
    well it was adversely affected by being woken up. and i have to say i only looked at the battery one a day in the morning it was not me.

so what was waking it up for long period. it was the notification bar.
    first of all it was the calender reminders. after disabling all was tranquil again.
    then there was one missed call that i didn't see for two day this had the the phone waking up all the time and by checking the time of call to the graph you can easily see the relation.
    so i tried it again charged the called it and left it without interaction 2 day flat battery i could not turn it back on. then charged it and left without being called 5 day interesting. note there is that little light that flashes on the front.

next thing was i got a sms from the network same thing kills the battery.

so then i started checking it as often as possible and clearing any notifications.
    if you clear it straight away battery life stays the max if you leave ny notification a couple of hours the battery is discharging at an alarming rate.

so what really kills the battery of the X8.
    i concluded 2 things the home button being pressed in the pocket and notifications that are left uncleared.

i have to say this also affects my samsung galaxy s2 for thehome button and the notifications if sync is turned of and the 3g is left on i can get 2 days with little use of the internet for emails ect. let it do as it likes and not cancel the notification can be 13 to flat.

hope this helps someone else.
    thanks andrew
    I've now become to a conclusion: Fast battery drain may be caused for some background processes, but it mainly depends of how you use your phone.

Here some points derivated of my conclusion:

1-I've tried CPU master, I learned how to use it but for me it was ineffective. Setting 'screen off profile' still drained like 10% of battery in 8 hours (see point 3)

2-According to my experience, DSP Manager doesn't cause battery drain in idle status, even if it's a process that runs all the time in background. However, using it while playing music may drain battery a bit faster than normal, that's a price we have to pay for a really good sound quality. Of course we have the option of using Music players with their own equalizer, like PowerAmp.

3-For some evil reason, if you charge your phone to 100%, it will drain fast until it lows to 90%, then the consumption of energy normalizes. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has realized this.

4-Using apps like Juice Defender or Battery Calibration doesn't work either.

5-Overclocking = fast battery draining (very logic...)

6-If there are apps/processes running in background but we don't use them at all, it's very necessary to freeze or uninstall them. But we better don't mess with Google Apps, they are essential for our phone to work properly.

7-Using the phone in a hot environment = more battery drain.

8-Some apps may drain energy more than others. In my experience, for example, Chomp sms drained more energy than Handcent.

9-We should wipe battery stats with xRec/CWM periodically.