The Official Vorbeth A700 Replacement Fund: Closed for Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ExtremeRyno

Jul 19, 2012
Unfortunately, I think a lot of people have scared themselves off from opening up their A700 with so many people using the old root method (for ICS) and borking their JB tablets.

JasonJoel

Apr 23, 2008
Re: The Official Vorbeth A700 Replacement Fund

Or many of us are just moving on to a different tablet that has more support...

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006
I really do appreciate this effort,

I do understand why people are moving from A700 though, it's not the most supported tablet.
If I do get one again, I will work on both stock & cm/paranoid for it.

Thanks again

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006
I noticed someone mention getting a used A700, I have no issues with that.
There is one on Amazon right now for $315

ExtremeRyno

Jul 19, 2012
I wish I could put more in, but we just had a baby last night so spending any money (other than what I already promised) will be a no-no.

JasonJoel

Apr 23, 2008
Re: The Official Vorbeth A700 Replacement Fund

I noticed someone mention getting a used A700, I have no issues with that.
There is one on Amazon right now for $315

Is there a particular region you need? If used is ok, I have an extra US model I can get my hands on.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

partzman2

Oct 22, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Vorbeth, send me the link please. We need about $100 more in commitments and I'll open up donations and get you another a700. Getting closer. :good:

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006
You guys can also help me with getting more online storage:

If you signup to copy.com with this link you will get an extra 5GB when you install the PC or Android app, I'll also get 5GB too.

If I get enough storage I'll be hosting all the iconian files on the service

https://copy.com?r=HcakSh

partzman2

Oct 22, 2011
St. Louis, MO
You guys can also help me with getting more online storage:

If you signup to copy.com with this link you will get an extra 5GB when you install the PC or Android app, I'll also get 5GB too.

If I get enough storage I'll be hosting all the iconian files on the service

https://copy.com?r=HcakSh

Just sent you the 5GB. Come folks, let's help, and it's free!

Reactions: Vorbeth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Vorbeth should have his a700 around next week. Hopefully soon after, we'll see something new from Vorbeth

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2
    I am now coming to you from my new A700.
    Thank you all
    Yes, the A700 is bought, shipping is 3-12 days :silly:
    Thanks to you all.

I have already got most of my dev environment setup again
    Well I've been trying to port paranoid over and it has not worked.
    Other things holding me up right now is that work is mad, I'm doing 50 hours a week, I also moved a few days after getting the A700.

I was going to be doing some work thus weekend but forgot it was goth week, so headed to that for a break from life.

I will get you an update by next week.

Sent from my GT-I9300
    Since I've been rooting and using custom ROMS, this is the 3rd great dev I've seen that has needed a new device to continue his/her fine work. x0xhellx0x with the LG G2x, dropped his phone and we the community rallied and bought him another phone to continue developing his HellFire series. Civato's Acer A500 died on him and the community again rallied to replace his A500, to continue his development.

I'm new to the A700, love what I see in this ROM and would like to see development continue. Let's all get together and see if we can help keep Vorbeth continue developing for our device.

I posted that last month and after getting Vorbeth permission, we are finally here. Now to get to the meat of the matter. It's gonna take around $600 to get this done (A700, shipping, taxes, and paypal fees). We need to know if there is enough monetary commitment here. So let's see those first, then I'll post a donate link. I don't want to get through the hassle of returning money to someone who didn't read this. :drool

I'm in for $10 now, more to come.

[UPDATE] We have reached our goal of $300. I will be purchasing a used a700 from amazon.co.uk for $£190 and getting it shipped to Vorbeth