[Q] Sky Go not working

Search This thread

FA57 CMC

Mar 2, 2014
Hello Everyone

I am hoping someone can help me. i have a Sony Xperia Z tablet 10.1" running on 4.3.
I am having trouble with Sky Go tablet on my device, when I try and watch Sky go on my Tablet I get the Sky Go is not supported on rooted android devices message.
I have googled this and tried various solutions all to no avail.

I downloaded the supersu app as per skys recommendation. Did a full unroot, This did not work. It hid the root. When I downloaded Root checker all I got was a Sorry this device does not have proper root access. After a day or so messing around and trying different things I got the root access back
.Congratulations this device has root access Is the mesage when I ran root checker

Is it possible to unroot this device? If so how?
I can watch BT sports without an issue on the tablet,

Thanks in advance

jonathanp

May 13, 2008
Hello Everyone

I am hoping someone can help me. i have a Sony Xperia Z tablet 10.1" running on 4.3.
I am having trouble with Sky Go tablet on my device, when I try and watch Sky go on my Tablet I get the Sky Go is not supported on rooted android devices message.
I have googled this and tried various solutions all to no avail.

I downloaded the supersu app as per skys recommendation. Did a full unroot, This did not work. It hid the root. When I downloaded Root checker all I got was a Sorry this device does not have proper root access. After a day or so messing around and trying different things I got the root access back
.Congratulations this device has root access Is the mesage when I ran root checker

Is it possible to unroot this device? If so how?
I can watch BT sports without an issue on the tablet,

Thanks in advance

old post I know but are you still having this issue?

Sky go checks for the su binary and a supersu app. Once both of these are removed force close sky go and reopen, it should work then.